Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Cspan_live_play-1

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!!

+2
JaneWI
GabrielBerg
6 posters

Go down

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Empty April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!!

Post by GabrielBerg Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:09 pm

The Labor Department will release the Jobs Report for April next Friday at 8:30 a.m. Surveys carried out by the major financial news agencies expect the report to show that about 190,000 new jobs were created for the month:

Nonfarm payrolls (April)
Reuters: +190,000
Dow Jones Newswires: +189,000

alien alien alien cheers alien cheers alien alien alien

Sources:
Reuters: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/29/weekahead-americas-idUSN2915657220110429
Dow Jones: Article is not online. Here's an excerpt:
US DATA WEEK AHEAD: Looking For Pause In Decline In Unemployment

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES
NEW YORK (Dow Jones)--The U.S. jobless rate has fallen for four consecutive months. It is not expected to rack up a fifth drop.

That at least is the median forecast of economists polled by Dow Jones Newswires in a survey covering next week's economic data. As is typical for the first week of each month, next Friday's payroll report dominates the busy calendar.

Labor markets have looked better so far this year. One notable improvement has been the full percentage point drop in the jobless rate from 9.8% in November, to 8.8% in March.

The median forecast calls for a pause in the downtrend. The rate is expected to remain at 8.8% in April. Economists also expect nonfarm payrolls increased by 189,000 in April, down from the 216,000 advance posted in March.

GabrielBerg
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Empty Re: April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!!

Post by GabrielBerg Sun May 01, 2011 9:17 am

The Bloomberg News survey is out this morning. They are also expecting a net gain of 190,000 jobs in April:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-01/employers-in-u-s-probably-added-jobs-for-seventh-straight-month-in-april.html

What a Face

GabrielBerg
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! Empty Re: April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!!

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 am

At least 62k of the hires were for jobs at McDonald's. I had no idea they did a big hiring day in Canada. In Canada they added 5k employees and had > 33k apply for jobs.

McDonald’s hiring day yields 62K new employees
"Hiring day at the Golden Arches also extended north of the border. McDonald's Canada and its franchisees hired nearly 5,000 employees, about 1,000 more than expected, on April 19.

More than 33,000 Canadians across the country applied in-restaurant and online for the thousands of full and part-time crew and restaurant management positions."

http://www.qsrweb.com/article/180973/McDonald-s-hiring-day-yields-62K-new-employees
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 9:26 am

With gas prices the way they are, how are they to get to their minimum wage job.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 9:29 am

laramel wrote:With gas prices the way they are, how are they to get to their minimum wage job.

That's one thought I had. I've been seeing more stories about mass layoffs around the country. How are the number of new jobs going to compare to the number of jobs lost? What about the quality of jobs lost versus the quality of new jobs?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 9:47 am

JaneWI wrote:
laramel wrote:With gas prices the way they are, how are they to get to their minimum wage job.

That's one thought I had. I've been seeing more stories about mass layoffs around the country. How are the number of new jobs going to compare to the number of jobs lost? What about the quality of jobs lost versus the quality of new jobs?

Exactly.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sun May 01, 2011 10:04 am

Make that part time, minimum wage jobs. I recently applied for a 24 hr, 8.25hr 11pm to 7 am job at a CVS. My nephew works there and still I never even heard from them. It s about 1 1/2 miles from me, I would have walked.

Point being with Mickey D s and the part time jobs, how do people afford anything but gas to get there!!!

Anyway we will hear more about the recovery. April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! 812460

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 11:08 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Make that part time, minimum wage jobs. I recently applied for a 24 hr, 8.25hr 11pm to 7 am job at a CVS. My nephew works there and still I never even heard from them. It s about 1 1/2 miles from me, I would have walked.

Point being with Mickey D s and the part time jobs, how do people afford anything but gas to get there!!!

Anyway we will hear more about the recovery. April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! 812460

I've been looking into these types of jobs, as well and haven't heard back from anyone yet. There is a small mall close to me and I hope to find something there. It's within walking distance.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Sun May 01, 2011 11:15 am

Unfortunately, finding even those part time jobs will become more difficult soon. Kids will be out of school looking for part time summer gigs.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 am

concernedinKY wrote:Unfortunately, finding even those part time jobs will become more difficult soon. Kids will be out of school looking for part time summer gigs.

You're probably right on that one, CIK. *sigh* It's just not good.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sun May 01, 2011 1:31 pm

When Obama came in we were loosing 800,000 jobs a month
and each month 100,000 more than the previous month. Obama passed some historic
jobs bills (stimulus, GM takeover), that the GOP strongly opposed and has tried
to block in vain.

Result? Less than a year later, job growth was back at pre-recess­ion levels
again (150,000 new private sector jobs a month), and has continued to be since
then.

As a consequenc­e, at the end of 2009 Obama asked Congress to pass a second big
stimulus, this time not to stabilize an unemployme­nt rate in free fall and to
bring job growth back to pre-recess­ion levels, but to increase job growth, so
that the 8 million people who lost their job during the recession could go back
to work, which would bring down the unemployme­nt rate.

The GOP has blocked the second stimulus in Congress (because they won Kennedy's
seat, which gave them the effective, legal power to block each and every bill).

They've blocked all the other jobs bills passed by the Dems in 2010 too.

They didn't propose any real jobs bill themselves­, not in 2009, not in 2010,
not today. And they will probably not do so in 2012 neither.

So the only thing the Dems must do is to try to get the MSM to spread is the
informatio­n that IF the GOP would not have been given 41 Senators, the
unemployme­nt rate would already have been lower today. Which means that IF the
American people's priority is more jobs, the answer is easy: to vote for a Dem
president, a Dem House, and 60 Dem Senators (instead of 58 and then 57) in the
Senate, so that the Dems can start the second phase of the recovery and finish
the job they started so successful­ly in 2009.

In that case, the campaign doesn't even have to be about Medicare or other
crucial ideologica­l difference­s. It can simply be a campaign about facts and
an pragmatic solutions. The GOP will answer by touting its usual anti-stimu­lus
ideology, of course, but in the meanwhile the facts are simply there...

In other words, the only thing we need is for the MSM to stop focusing on birth
certificat­e issues etc., and to simply inform the American people about the
facts concerning the job market, and about who did what when it comes to jobs,
in 2009-2012.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Sun May 01, 2011 3:03 pm

I hate the way journalism reports half of the story! April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! 750548 Of those 190,000 jobs how many are full-time with a living wage and benefits.

You can't fix a problem until you know what it is!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun May 01, 2011 6:35 pm

Sunrise wrote:I hate the way journalism reports half of the story! April Jobs Report Expected To Show 190,000 New Jobs Created In Month!!! 750548 Of those 190,000 jobs how many are full-time with a living wage and benefits.

You can't fix a problem until you know what it is!

It seems like news stories aren't really covering all their bases when they report on any topic. I think part of it is due to people having short attention spans. How many people would read an investigative article now?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down