Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Cspan_live_play-1

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

4 posters

Go down

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Empty WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Post by JaneWI Thu May 26, 2011 9:04 pm

And yet another reason why Grigsby is quickly becoming another one of my heroes.

Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

"Under the plan the committee recommended 11-5, laid-off workers would have to wait a week before receiving unemployment benefits starting in January. The move would reduce benefits by $41 million and $56 million a year.

“One week is an eternity when you don’t have food to put on the table,” said Rep. Tamara Grigsby (D-Milwaukee)."

"The committee also voted to bar people who fail or refuse to take an employer drug test to receive unemployment benefits for a year."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/122695084.html
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Empty Re: WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Post by elvis44102 Thu May 26, 2011 9:18 pm

by JaneWI Today at 21:04
"The committee also voted to bar people who fail or refuse to take an employer drug test to receive unemployment benefits for a year."

Drug test are not 100 percent reliable so i guess the 5 percent who fail are just "colateral damage" .....oh well
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits Empty Re: WI Committee votes to impose waiting period for unemployment benefits

Post by JaneWI Thu May 26, 2011 9:25 pm

elvis44102 wrote:by JaneWI Today at 21:04

Drug test are not 100 percent reliable so i guess the 5 percent who fail are just "colateral damage" .....oh well

That is what I was thinking and what about the people on prescription medications? Some of those show up in drug tests. I don't know how that will be covered.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 pm

JaneWI wrote:
elvis44102 wrote:by JaneWI Today at 21:04

That is what I was thinking and what about the people on prescription medications? Some of those show up in drug tests. I don't know how that will be covered.

You'll have to provide proof that it was prescribed by a healthcare provider (MD, DDS, etc.).
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Thu May 26, 2011 10:43 pm

My state has always required a one week waiting period for unemployment benefits. I guess it was put in place so they didn't have to cover the week vacation shut-downs in the mills around the first of July every year - that is when there were mills and manufacturing plants around.

As far as drug testing - I vote every member of Congress pass a breathalyzer test before entering the Capitol!

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down