Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Cspan_live_play-1

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency

+3
UPCHITCREEK
Jen
Phillymg
7 posters

Go down

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Empty Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency

Post by Phillymg Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:37 pm

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/things-not-to-joke-about-when-you-are-a-multi-millionaire-running-for-the-presidency/

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2011/06/wasserman-schultz-blasts-mitt-romney-for-telling-unemployed-in-florida-that-hes-also-unemployed.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2011/06/16/romneys-latest-laugh-line-im-also-unemployed/

Even the WSJournal thinks Romney was way out of line making a joke at the expense of millions of unemployed Americans.....

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency 75457

Romney is a putz.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Empty Re: Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency

Post by Jen Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:41 pm

Romney is nothing but a bought and paid for globalist shill.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency Empty Re: Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency

Post by UPCHITCREEK Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Jen wrote:Romney is nothing but a bought and paid for globalist shill.

YEP!!!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:44 pm

I agree with you totally.

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency 951891
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:47 pm

And he shouldn't be joking about being unemployed! It just shows how out of touch with reality and regular people politicians are, even when they are trying to pretend that they care about regular people.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:53 pm

What worries me most is that Romney knew *exactly* what he was doing.....tapping into the 'you lazy bums' frame of mind & voters--Basically saying 'If I can pick myself up by my bootstraps then you jobless people are just useless unproductive lazy a-holes.'

Suspect

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Romney makes me want to vomit!
Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency 976458
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:58 pm

This arrogant, unbelievably out-of-touch, insensitive, ultra-rich, flip-flopping empty suit is almost certainly going to be the Republican Presidential nominee. The deeper horror is that he could become our next President.

Among all the insults right-wingers have hurled at us unemployed, Romney's "joke" has to be the most vile.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:52 pm

I have never met anyone named "Mitt" in my life....Nor have i ever met a "Newt"...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:48 pm

Another out of touch wingnut! I can't believe he said that.

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:01 pm

After his grotesquely sick "joke" at the expense of us unemployed, Romney said, "I wish I had a job for everybody."

I thought that people like Romney ARE the "job creators", the ultra-rich who so badly needed their continued millions of dollars in tax cuts so that they would start massively hiring.

The Republicans were willing to let all UI extensions expire so that people like Romney would create jobs with all that money. Where are those jobs? It looks like we have to settle for wishes rather than jobs. I have a wish or two about Romney, but some readers may find the language offensive.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Tara wrote:Another out of touch wingnut! I can't believe he said that.

It seems to me to be right down there with "Let them eat cake".

I guess he thinks his story deserves to be told alongside the stories of the unemployed. Lets' see. He was born and raised in Bloomfield Hills......

http://www.bloomfieldhillsmi.net/Community/Overview.asp

Last edited by truth on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:41 pm

by truth Today at 20:09
He was born and raised in Bloomfield Hills......

About 30 years or so ago, a friend of mine and myself traveled the country with a "radio-controled" car exibit...
We worked auto shows, Malls, even a home and garden show, all kinds of events...

We set up for a week in Bloomfield hills, and you never saw so many little kids with 50 dollar bills, even hundreds...
I think this is a suburb of the Detroit auto industy...

There were a lot of porsches driving around, anyways totaly isolated community is about it..
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Bloomfield Hills is where the rich 'wanna be' elites live. Gross Pointe is where the Elites live! Oakland County, where Bloomfield Hills is, is the 2nd largest bastion of Repulicans in the U.S., next to Orange County, California ( at # 1 ).

Last edited by requete' on Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 pm

I have found a gift for those rich people with everthing.....

An Electric bath duck

Things Not to Joke about When You Are a Multi-Millionaire Running for the Presidency 5e96dd10
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:14 pm

Does it Quack ??? If it swims like duck,and quacks like a duck, it must be a Rich Politician, right ????

Last edited by requete' on Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional comment)
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down