Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Cspan_live_play-1

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon

+3
doreenb
theend
Phillymg
7 posters

Go down

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Empty Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon

Post by Phillymg Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:58 pm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43486654/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/t/bernanke-drags-economy-may-last-next-year/

Bernanke blames slowdown in the financial sector. Yeah right. Wall Street's been making oodles of $$ hand over fist.....& the banksters are charging 30% interest on credit cards & have ratcheted up their fees like mad. They have so much $$ they're swimming in it. They're just hoarding it to invest it abroad in 'emerging economies.' But they're waiting.....biding their time.....so they won't 'overheat' those economies.

The reason our economy's still in the tank is *OUTSOURCING*. When will these guyz in power start telling the truth??

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon 75457

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Empty Re: Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon

Post by theend Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:26 am

nope the job's are over sea's

http://www.infowars.com/corporate-offshoring-has-ruined-income-and-employment-prospects-for-america/

They won't tell the truth, they haven;t for over 30 years why start now!
Are we going to wait till we are Greece before we wake up?

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Empty Re: Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon

Post by doreenb Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:49 am

They need to continue unemployment as emergency funds!!! How are people supposed to survive?

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 am

Jobless claims rise more than expected

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon Reuters_85x27

• tweet3
  • Email
  • Print

Bernanke & Fed Say No More Jobs Anytime Soon 09
Job seekers prepare for career fair to open at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, New Jersey, January 6, 2011. REUTERS/Mike Segar

On Thursday June 23, 2011, 8:33 am EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - New claims for unemployment benefits rose more than expected last week, a government report showed on Thursday, suggesting little improvement in the labor market this month after employment stumbled in May.
Initial claims for state unemployment benefits climbed 9,000 to a seasonally adjusted 429,000, the Labor Department said. The prior week's figure was revised up to 420,000.
Economists polled by Reuters had forecast claims to edge up to 415,000 from a previously reported count of 414,000.
The claims report covers the survey period for the government's closely watched data on nonfarm payrolls for June.
Claims increased 15,000 between the May and June survey periods, implying little or no gains in nonfarm payrolls this month after a modest 54,000 increase in May.
The data is the latest in a series to underscore the weakness in the economy, which has persisted through the second quarter.
The Federal Reserve on Wednesday acknowledged the slowdown, but generally perceived it as temporary. Although it cut its growth forecasts and downgraded its view of the labor market, it gave no indication of further monetary support.
The U.S. central bank confirmed it was winding up its $600 billion bond-buying program at the end of June.
A Labor Department official said technical problems had resulted in claims for six states being estimated last week.
The four-week moving average of new jobless claims, considered a better gauge of labor market trends, was unchanged at 426,250.
Initial claims have now been above the 400,000 mark for 11 weeks in a row. Analysts normally associate that level with a stable labor market.
The number of people still receiving benefits under regular state programs after an initial week of aid was little changed at 3.70 million in the week ended June 11.
Economists had expected so-called continuing claims to nudge down to 3.67 million from a previously reported 3.68 million.
The number of people on emergency unemployment benefits rose 5,728 to 3.30 million in the week ended June 4, the latest week for which data is available. A total of 7.54 million people were claiming unemployment benefits during that period under all programs.
(Reporting by Lucia Mutikani, Editing by Andrea Ricci)

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Also no more benefits either !!! Sink or swim time!!! Calling CBC and Lee, where are you???
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:09 pm

Go!!!!!!!!!! What happened to Lee???

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:33 pm

Remember, we Exhaustees are not counted in the Unemployment counts. I'll bet we now number 9 million plus and counting !!! affraid
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:25 am

June 23rd 2011

*New U.S. Jobless Claims Up More Than Expected*

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43507469/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/t/new-us-jobless-claims-more-expected/

--Initial state UI claims for week ending June 24th = 429,000.

--State UI programs for week ending June 11th = 3.70 million.

--EUC for week ending June 4th = 3.30 million.

--Total getting UI = 7.54 million.

[Maybe due to lag in reporting time the total is higher than 7.43 million.]

August 12th 2010

*More Americans Than Forecast File Claims for Jobless Benefits*

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-08-12/more-americans-that-forecast-file-claims-for-jobless-benefits.html

--Initial state UI claims for week ending August 7th = 484,000.

--State UI programs for week ending August 7th = 4.45 million.

--EUC for week ending July 24th = 5.28 million].

-- [Total getting UI = around 10.32 million.]

June 25th 2009

*New Unemployment Claims Rise Unexpectedly to 622,000*

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/06/25/new-unemployment-claims-rise-unexpectedly/

--Initial state UI claims for week ending June 25th = 627,000.

--State UI programs for week ending June 6th = 6.74 million.

--EUC for week ending June 6th = 2.69 million

[EUC = 2.4 million; EB = 288,000]

--[Total getting UI = at least 10.06 million.]

[For some reason the article says only 8.8 million??]

Taking the number 10.32 million from August 2010 and subtracting the number 7.54 million from May 2011 results in the number 2.78 million. This seems like a reasonable estimate of the number of persons who exhausted the maximum number of weeks of UI between August 2010 & May 2011. In two studies done by NELP & the White House it was estimated that 7.9 million persons will have exhausted their max UI between 2008 and 2011.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am

Is there any way to estimate the amount of people that exhausted benefits between March 2010 and July 2010? This is when the first of us exahusted. Adding the number in would give a better idea of where we are now.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:42 am

funny! That number isn't being reported!!! That is total number of 99er's...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:20 pm

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:06 pm

Thanx STC--always good to re-read the venerable words of Thomas Jefferson from 'The Declaration of Independence.' Back in those days.....the majority of the colonists were fed up being ruled by a king & his relatives & his military. They wanted a government where the people could rule themselves by voting for representatives who would pass a system of laws starting with the Constitution.

129.4 million Americans voted in the 2008 election.
In the 2010 Midterm election only 82.5 million Americans voted.
46.9 million Americans wimped out & let the Tea-Monsters take over.

That isn't even talking about the millions of Americans who never even bother to register to vote.

It's unlikely that 25 million unemployed & underemployed Americans have the motivation or the means to violently overthrow our Constitutional Democracy. There are 200 million adult Americans.....& virtually *all* of them would have to agree & work together to accomplish something radical like that.

The corporations have been careful not to let the number affected by layoffs to go much above 25 million.....they know that if it hits for example 50 million then there would be major civil unrest.

Imo if we want our government to work properly then we have to participate with our government such as by *voting*.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:37 pm

stcfarms loved you quoting our founding fathers, no doubt in my mind when they said these words, they meant it, and it was a doable thing. Back in those days, Gov t was small enough where it could be controlled. Those days are long gone, and Phil voting does n t work. I hate to say it, but when the Fed, State, and City budgets take effect July 1st, if the people don t rise up then, they never will.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:49 pm

Our Constitutional Democracy isn't perfect (& never will be) but it's a big improvement over what we had before.....voting may not work as well as we'd like it to work.....but it sure beats being ruled over by a Tyrant in a Dictatorship.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Phil not disputing that all all. For the time being, while I still have an apartment, I do not fear the Gov t kicking my door in. My point is that Gov t now is so big that our votes on t matter.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:03 am

Do you mean our government is big or our population is big??

If you mean the 'government' then not sure what you mean by 'the government.' There are local & state governments & the federal government.

If you mean our population is too big for our Constitutional Democracy to work effectively.....that's an interesting proposition.....so democracy doesn't work when a country has 300 million citizens?? How small would you say a population must be for a democracy to work??

I'm not sure that our democracy worked better when our population was smaller.....for instance having slavery & forbidding women from voting.

Even tho our democracy is imperfect I'm not sure what you'd suggest as an alternative.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:22 am

Maybe big was a bad description. I mean the Federal Govt. What I m trying to say here is that the ones who are in Washington, where any bills can originate, are so comfortable between the lobby s and big money, that I feel the common person s vote no longer matters. Of course I will exercise my right to vote, and I don t know why they are so set, But it just appears that s the way it is.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:02 am

It could be worse is a lousy reason to choose the lesser of two evils every two years. For one thing we only pick the lesser of two evils half of the time. Without government, criminals (congress, corporations, clergy et cetera) would have no one to protect them. Without the criminals we could keep all that we produce rather than a tiny fraction. Anarchy is not mindless violence and chaos, it is merely An (without) Arkos (leaders). The powers that be have changed the meaning of the word because they fear anarchy more than anything else. Live in fear if you must, just do not ask me to participate.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:16 am

Nuttin--Thanx I get what you mean now & agree that big money interests constantly try to corrupt our elected leaders (& often succeed).

STC--I'm afraid you're not getting what I meant. I'm not saying merely that 'it could be worse'.....in my view Constitutional Democracy is a gift to humanity from God.....which gives human beings the capacity to lead ourselves.....to elect our own representative leaders & to vote them out if they don't represent us well.

I'm not discounting that maybe there's something to an anarchist type of government.....don't know enuf about it to discount it.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarchy

Yet even for an anarchist goverment to succeed it must have the consent of the vast majority of the people living by its methods.....it wouldn't work if just a few wanted anarchy & the rest didn't. Wikipedia gives the kibbutz organizational systems in Israel as an example of functioning anarchies.....because after all food needs to be grown & roads need to be built & children need to be raised etc. Humans are social beings not solitary monks living alone in caves.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:41 am

It is only the last twelve thousand years of our existence that governments have ruled, the other 2 million years was spent in anarchy. For two million years we lived free and now they would have us live in hives. I am not a worker bee for the powers that be, I can find my own honey. That is why I do not live in their cities. The majority sent me to war for defending myself against an evil priest, I have no use for their opinion.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down