Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp Cspan_live_play-1

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp

+2
worrywart
Phillymg
6 posters

Go down

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp Empty Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp

Post by Phillymg Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:46 am

130 Campell's workers in Camden NJ being laid off.

190 additional positions in its national marketing office are being *outsourced* to as as-yet-unspecified nation.

Also a whole Campell's plant is being shut down in Marshall MI.

Altogether 770 positions are being cut.

http://www.nj.com/camden/index.ssf/2011/06/campbell_soup_to_lay_off_130_i.html

Campell's will also shut down a tiny operation in Russia.....but.....is SIGNIFICANTLY EXPANDING operations & hiring in.....*drumroll please*.....you guessed it.....

CHINA

"We believe that opportunities currently under exploration in other emerging markets, notably China, offer stronger prospects for driving profitable growth." --Denise Morrison incoming CEO at Campell's
That explains the new Campbell's 'Won Ton Soup' cans we saw at the store.....
Rolling Eyes

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp Empty Re: Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp

Post by worrywart Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

Hi phillymg,

Hearing Campbell's Soup laying off to outsource jobs to China just adds insult to injury to me.

Why don't we also outsource our overpaid-CEO positions? I'll bet that we can get a good CEO from Chilie or Iceland to work for 250k (and no gold parachute) instead of the 4-40M we're paying now?

For that matter, instead of our Dems/Repubs, why don't we do a search committee overseas for hiring offshore legislators? We won't need to pay them any wasteful benefits . . . just 60k per year and they can participate via skype, so that we don't incur travel expenses. I'll bet we actually get get quite a few very competent new senators. . . . we'll make them pass competency exams about our country - and the state that they are charged to represent - prior to their being able to be candidates.

Man, that Campbell's soup thing just leaves me feeling raw!

WW
worrywart
worrywart
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:19 pm

worrywart wrote:Hi phillymg,

Hearing Campbell's Soup laying off to outsource jobs to China just adds insult to injury to me.

Why don't we also outsource our overpaid-CEO positions? I'll bet that we can get a good CEO from Chilie or Iceland to work for 250k (and no gold parachute) instead of the 4-40M we're paying now?

For that matter, instead of our Dems/Repubs, why don't we do a search committee overseas for hiring offshore legislators? We won't need to pay them any wasteful benefits . . . just 60k per year and they can participate via skype, so that we don't incur travel expenses. I'll bet we actually get get quite a few very competent new senators. . . . we'll make them pass competency exams about our country - and the state that they are charged to represent - prior to their being able to be candidates.

Man, that Campbell's soup thing just leaves me feeling raw!

WW

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp 990903
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp 485723 That is what happens when you use Walmarts' soup in soup kitchens! Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp 144315 The Republicans sure want us to die.

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 pm

TR11005 wrote:Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp 485723 That is what happens when you use Walmarts' soup in soup kitchens! Layoffs by Campbell's Soup Corp 144315 The Republicans sure want us to die.
Yes, they do but, unfortunately it's not just the Republicans. It's also all of the people that run all of the huge multinational corporations banks and also many Democrats that are beholden to them like the Republicans are. Crying or Very sad
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:23 pm

This is bad. I caught something and this proved that no jobs are outsourcing proof:
190 additional positions in its national marketing office are being *outsourced* to as as-yet-unspecified nation.

Why did I quote that part? Because I have been looking for a marketing job (marketing btw often includes public relations, event planning, even now website design)and am sick of people telling me there are marketing jobs out there. Yes there are, in China and India. In this country? Forget it.

I am now boycotting Campbells Soup. Pretty disgusting that even food companies are outsourcing.

I blame both parties for this they both sold us out.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by worrywart Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:18 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:This is bad. I caught something and this proved that no jobs are outsourcing proof:

Why did I quote that part? Because I have been looking for a marketing job (marketing btw often includes public relations, event planning, even now website design)and am sick of people telling me there are marketing jobs out there. Yes there are, in China and India. In this country? Forget it.

I am now boycotting Campbells Soup. Pretty disgusting that even food companies are outsourcing.

I blame both parties for this they both sold us out.

Hello new_wave_princess,

"Marketing" is a pretty broad description, like saying "healthcare" or "finance." I've done some time in the field of marketing, and also in fundraising (aka "Marketing" for charities). Sometimes, I have noticed that a position I found suitable was not classified as "marketing," but instead labeled by the industry for which the marketing would be performed. Sometimes, the language of the posting was such that the only way I found to identify suitable positions was to parse by-my-skills . . .

Have you been at all looking at the not-for-profits, or are you focused on the private sector?

I ask because my church's Music Director lost her "real job" of 16 years about a month ago, and, since then I have been working with her fairly intensively to help her land another FT gig. She is seeking work in not-for-profit Marketing for musical schools and ensembles, and has already gotten one interview with a hiring manager, and is now networking her way into an interview with a College.

Just a couple of off-the-cuff thoughts . . . I'm playing hookey for a few minutes before returning to writing up my series of presentations on Evangelism: They begin one week from today - so I'd better stop monkeying around and a-p-p-l-y myself (LOL)!

WW
worrywart
worrywart
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:45 pm

I'm oddly mostly going with non profits now because that seems to be where I get hits. I have gotten two big interviews last year with two international social service agencies that everyone has heard of (one even had a famous song). My previous marketing was in various fields but in particular media and training.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down