Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

+7
truth
concernedinKY
new_wave_princess
unemployed2long/1208
KSCHIEF522
elvis44102
gigichicago
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 pm

Go ahead and report me for stalking since it is now clear that you cannot support your "Whitey" claim nor your accusations of racism. All I want is facts, citations to those facts.

Last edited by truth on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 2 Empty Re: Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:45 pm

By the way, I am a Christian also. Yes, a leftist Christian. I accept as Christian any and all who identify as such. The ultimate judge of who is and is not Christian is Christ Himself. "Not every man who says unto me, 'Lord, Lord'......."

Last edited by truth on Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:46 pm

Class act defending the riots. I thought Rodney King's attackers should have been charged but felt the same for the attackers of Reginald Denny the WHITE driver. Really class saying it's fine to be a lazy person and get free stuff. Oh gee if a woman couldn't have afforded shoes she could have WORKED since back then there were more jobs. However, this stealing poor excuse for a mother was probably too lazy to work.

The stealing poor excuse for a mother? Now you sound like the republicans that claim the unemployed are lazy and don't want to work, that we all just sit around watching Oprah, strung out on drugs, and eating twinkies all day.

How do you know that mother's story? Where she'd been, what she'd been through. Until you've walked a mile... isn't that what they say? If there was a riot in my town tomorrow, right now? I can't say without a doubt that I wouldn't snag food or clothing out of a window I saw busted in. Does that make me a bad person? Maybe in the eyes of someone that's judgmental and has never walked in my shoes. To me? It just makes me desperate and wanting to survive.

concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:59 pm

People shouldn't steal, end of story. Yes that DOES make her a bad mother because she used a terrible thing to justify her actions. The economy wasn't as bad then and she could have found a job but of course refused to. The people who lived in that area were overwhelmingly on welfare according to articles I've read so no excuse for not buying shoes.

And no being on welfare is not the same thing as being on unemployment. I have no sympathy for those who make it a life long thing. I've reported several friends for abusing the system and would do it anytime I see abuse. I have no sympathy for people having kids they couldn't afford. I feel sorry for the kids but the parents? Nope not at all.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:04 pm

How do you know she could have found a job and refused to?

As far as stealing being wrong, end of story? You sure you want to make that blanket statement on a forum where you suggested 'sharing' software titles that run well into the hundreds of dollars?

I'm going to be honest and blunt here because that's how I am. You don't come across to me as very Christian yourself. You come across as harshly judgmental and unyielding in those opinions. The bottom line is you don't KNOW why that woman stole those shoes. What if she was in a situation where she'd just escaped an abusive husband? Had kids, couldn't find daycare? What if she was a widow in the same situation? What if she was never taught anything but being poor? What if no one ever took a moment to extend kindness and encourage her to do better? Who are you to call her lazy and pass judgment?
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:09 pm

I hardly doubt that was her case. I'm sure being that area was a woman that kept having babies she never could support. I am Christian but you better believe I am judgemental of people who have babies they can't support and doing it on welfare (and unmarried). That is not Christianlike. If this woman was truly needy she should have gotten welfare and welfare has programs where the kids could have gotten shoes. Instead she chose to steal shoes from stores and those stores paid the price.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Is this the same woman that suggested having a baby she couldn't support just to get on welfare not too many days ago?
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Microsoft and Adobe don't pay the price for people 'sharing software'? It's not sharing, it's stealing. And yes, I've done it. But I don't do it and then turn around and condemn a mother for stealing shoes for her children during riots and looting.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:13 pm

I'm not trying to be mean. I'm not. I'm trying to make you see that this is why you find people 'attacking' you. You come across as condescending and looking down your noses at everyone else. You're judgmental the the extreme aside from when the judgment is placed on you and your actions. That's called being hypocritical.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:16 pm

Of course I suggested getting welfare. After all, if others abuse the system why not me? I've been a taxpayer since 16. I'm tired of supporting lazy people who refuse to work so why not join them?
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm

So, two wrongs make a right? It's okay when you do it, but not when someone else does it? That is the definition of being hypocritical.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:23 pm

But the thing is I PAID INTO IT. Most of the people I knew did not. However, no I am not going to have a kid on welfare. That would test my morals and that would be wrong.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm

Well, I'm pretty much finished with this conversation. I've said my piece and it's painfully obvious to me that it's not getting through. I leave you with only this little bit to remember:

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Someone said that once and it makes a whole lot of sense.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:23 pm

Still waiting for my facts, mean stalker that I am.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:31 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:I would go to a far left site but so many don't know how to write so it's hard to find any defending her.

If they are on the "far left", chances are that they're illiterate?

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:09 pm

Sad

I didn't even see that. I consider myself pretty far left. I respect other people's opinions, but I believe in the idea that a society can only be prosperous if all of its citizens have at least the very basic necessities to survive and help their children thrive; decent food, clean and safe housing, clothing, education. I believe that 'mememememe' and to Hell with those not as rich as me is destroying this nation.

I do not believe that I am illiterate and can't write because of these beliefs.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:23 pm

I'm sure that nwp can present facts substantiating her claims regarding illiteracy on the far left. She has done such a splendid job supporting her other well-reasoned opinions.

You must be an exception to the rule, cKY. As such, nwp apparenly deigns to engage in dialogue with you. I suppose you should feel honored.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:59 am

two wrongs dont make a right....but three right turns make a left.....

Let me add some food for thought here....

What we are conditioned to believe is drumed into us from childhood..

low level street crimes are what puts people in prison..

If you steal big they might give you the keys to the city or name a library after you..

Just as if you kill 4 people you go to jail, 40 you are insane, 40,000 you are head of state
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:17 am

You are right, the memes are passed on from generation to generation. The memes are passed on by parents and the tribe. For 11,000 years the lies have been told and each generation only adds to the myth. There is no god, government is a criminal organization and corporations are your enemy. The truth is bitter to the uninitiated, it is an acquired taste. The fiat money has no value but labor applied to resources does have value. You are labor and resources are as near as dumpsters, rivers, forests and the roadside. It is tough at first but it gets easier each day because you learn things. The underground economy does not have an office but it has a million jobs. The hardest thing to learn is that the underground economy pays you exactly what you are worth. If I were NWP I would wait for government help, I have seen what she is worth.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:24 am

Give it up guys, it's like arguing with a brick wall, except a brick wall is not extremely judgmental and hypocritical. Elite poster, indeed.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:10 am

nwp- I actually felt sorry for you when you made your pathetic post about having a child so you could go on welfare, you are so broke- I take back my support for you, you are extremely hypocritical, and help to perpetuate stereotypes of the poor. Good luck, you are definitely gonna need it- btw- if I ever see or hear that you have indeed done what you say, chances are you may be reported to authorities just as you have done to others. Pathetic..... and I am a far-leftie, and I AM literate. Lazy. Think the world owes you a favor... too good to take a paying job, oooh, it's beneath you... how insulting.
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:13 am

Much of my adult life consists of Muddling through a Morass of Moronicy.....to paraprhase the gret Spiro Agnew...

Pardon me for not jumping on the bandwagon here, but i wish to commend NWP for honestly stating her opinions...It takes courage to openly state how one feels on a controversial topic...

It is only through open and honest dialog that understanding can occur....

I suspect that many women have children "only for the money" but delude themselves into thinking its something else....

I cant tell you the number of women I have worked with that live with a dope dealer and delude themselves into thinking thats their boyfriend...

A most importent truth is to thy ownself be true...dont lie to yourself...Know your own motives....

I Know we as a forum are ALL under great stress at this time can we try not to be judgemental....

Last edited by elvis44102 on Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:16 am

"The great Spiro Agnew"? Too funny!!
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:34 am

I must leave this Hot thread momentarily but shall return...

I am signing up a friend to go to school (just for the money)....

signed him up for sociology, but then re-considered as i remembered the heated arguments i had over joe stalin when i was a student....

we were seemingly not allowed to mention that Stalin was in fact a murderous dictator, because that differed from what the book said on how the Soviet system was laid out...

Truth had no bearing upon reality...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:52 am

I Know we as a forum are ALL under great stress at this time can we try not to be judgemental....

My intention was never to judge NWP, but to try to show her how incredibly judgmental she is of others even when it's something she's done or has mentioned doing herself. I've seen her complain before about being attacked on these forums, but if she's going to say the things she says, then it's something she needs to get used to. In this one thread alone she's...

Perpetuated stereotypes about the poor and single mothers on assistance by stating they're all lazy and refuse to work.

She's condemned a poor mother for stealing shoes on a forum where she started a thread suggesting the stealing of software.

She's implied that all extreme lefties are illiterate.

She's condemned welfare mothers on a forum where she's said she's thought about having a child 'just to get on welfare'.

She's said 'all stealing is wrong (which it is, even when I've done the software thing, it's still wrong) on a forum where she started a thread suggesting we steal software.

And she's called someone a racist as if it was fact without being able to back that statement with proof when someone who supports that person asked for it. She didn't say 'I think such in such is a racist. She stated that they ARE a racist.

There is not a social media in this world where all of these things combined is not going to put people up in arms and have them calling someone's bluff.

There are ways to state ones opinion on hot button topics without being condescending and insulting and this is something NWP needs to learn if she doesn't want to put up with people calling her out on things. That's my point and one that she's failed to even acknowledge understanding or seeing even slightly.

For example: I do believe our welfare system is broken and after the first child born into it (because everyone can make one mistake) there should be more of a focus on reform for the mother in the way of continued education, career training, counseling, and breaking the cycle of dependency by helping to build self-esteem needed to be self sufficient and teach their children to be the same. This is something I honestly and truly believe, our welfare system IS broken. It makes a sort of victim out of the young women who repeatedly have children 'in the system' and almost encourages them to believe that welfare should be a way of life and that in turn passes the belief down to their children. The way toward fixing the system is to find ways to assist these young mothers via positive means to break this cycle.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum