Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Cspan_live_play-1

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

+3
requete'
new_wave_princess
gigichicago
7 posters

Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Empty White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by gigichicago Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:51 pm

The unemployed really don't need paychecks. We have made tons of money off of our unemployment compensenation checks. Heck, I think I'll take another vacation.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/24/white-house-jobs-plan-unemployed_n_935228.html
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Empty Re: White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:14 am

This is shameful. I'm seeing a lot of internships aka working for free and while it CAN lead to paying jobs, often what happens if after the trial is over the company brings in new workers to work for free. Besides, many of the jobs in the article aren't really jobs where one learns, like call center. In fact that one disturbed me because call center jobs are generally stressful and pay little to begin with. The idea of working at a call center for free for 6 weeks is a disgrace.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  Empty Re: White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them

Post by requete' Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:00 pm

It's BS !! Companies getting people to work for them for free ? That amounts to worse than SLAVERY ! At least if you were a slave, you would be clothed, fed, and sheltered !!! I won't condone any type of slavery, but free labor under the guise of retraining, with no guarantee of obtaining paying employment, on a promise ??? And old saying " A promise is a comfort to a Fool ". White House Jobs Plan Might Let Businesses Train Unemployed Without Having To Pay Them  91263

Last edited by requete' on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:51 pm

I caught the other part I missed and that is 24% were hired at the company they trained at. 24% is LESS THAN ONE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE. To twist it around that means 76% were NOT hired by the company they trained at for free. On top of it the jobs they are being trained for are not in demand jobs either.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm

nwp,

I'm still waiting for you to back up your accusation that Rep. Waters is a racist.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:47 pm

truth wrote:nwp,

I'm still waiting for you to back up your accusation that Rep. Waters is a racist.

Hey moron please stop stalking me in every thread. I am done talking about your lover, now leave me alone.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:
truth wrote:nwp,

Hey moron please stop stalking me in every thread. I am done talking about your lover, now leave me alone.

Please don't start with name calling.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:14 pm

He started with me by cyber stalking me. I refuse to allow him to bully me. In fact I will not let far lefties bully me.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:17 pm

He's not bullying you. He's asking for you to show the articles you mentioned as proof that this woman is a racist, that's all.

I don't really care who started it, when someone takes it down to the level of name calling, it's time for me to stop it.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:22 pm

He is stalking me, he's bringing up another topic in an unrelated topic. THAT TO ME IS STALKING. I did quote source but there are many more readily available online. I despise that awful woman and I make no bones about it. I hate race baiters of any race.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:29 pm

I know this isn't the right thread, but I've looked as well and can find nothing with her using the term 'whitey'. If you want to say that you 'believe she is a racist' that's one thing. But when you come right out and say: She's a racist. ... you have to expect to be asked to back up what you're using as a statement of fact by the people that support her.

Calling someone names is certainly not the way to make your case and sound intelligent in doing so.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:33 pm

I posted an article and there are many sources online.

I'll remember this next time someone calls a Republican a racist. I want proof then too. However I rarely see it. But that's ok because we all know Dems are perfect and Reps are all evil. I happened to think they are all evil.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:51 pm

I don't recall anyone on this board ever coming out and calling any one particular republican racist? I've heard them say that the right has made it their mission to make Obama a one term president.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/07/10/mcconnell-stopping-obamas-re-election-still-single-most-important-goal/

But I've never seen one person come out and say, for a fact, no shadow of a doubt, that any specific republican is a racist.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:05 am

its a devisine plan. My first instincts is the unemployed after interview gets assigned to an employer and he trains us then he sends us to the streets and gets more people to train. but no job! But we will be trained. Then Big O shows unemployment dropping with all this great training with no jobs but big O looks good! I also see this for the one's on unemployment compensation but this plan not working for those out of benefits. Isn't he great! We need another 4 more years of this wonder!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:43 am

Actually, if you read the article-

The Department of Labor has said that programs like Georgia Works must
meet six criteria for workers to be classified as trainees. The two
trickiest requirements are that the training has to be similar to what
would occur in a classroom setting or vocational school and that the
employer "derives no immediate advantage from the activities of the
trainees, and on occasion the employer's operations may actually be
impeded."

Judy Conti said NELP has interviewed workers who've participated in the
program and found that their training was more like work. "People really
aren't training for new skills," she said. "They are doing things they
already know how to do."

Reardon said her agency checks with both businesses and trainees to make
sure labor standards are followed, and that all parties sign a contract
that explains the rules. "We make it clear they need to be training,
not working," she said.

But people interviewed who had participated in this all say that the time spent was actually "working' and not training, as the program is meant to do- and a small percentage of those "trained' actually get hired.... I still think it is a raw deal for the unemployed, the administration needs to focus first on renewing EUC, get money back into the unemployed's wallets, THEN talk about programs such as this- putting the cart before the horse, so to speak..
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum