Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Cspan_live_play-1

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package

+2
new_wave_princess
gigichicago
6 posters

Go down

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Empty Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package

Post by gigichicago Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:46 pm

I hope it works!

Washington (CNN) - President Barack Obama is preparing to roll out a roughly $300 billion plan to strengthen the shaky economy and stimulate new job growth, Democratic sources said Wednesday.

The plan would be paid for partly by closing corporate loopholes and raising taxes on the wealthiest Americans in the future, one Democrat familiar with the plan told CNN..

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/obama-preparing-300-billion-jobs-package/

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  T1larg.barack-obama-jobs-pointing.t1largge/
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Empty Re: Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package

Post by gigichicago Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:49 pm

More information about the jobs plan.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/09/07/obama.jobs.plan/index.html?iref=obnetwork
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package  Empty Re: Obama preparing $300 billion jobs package

Post by new_wave_princess Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Some makes sense, like close corporate loopholes. However, the idea of working for free for 8 weeks is complete bs and it scares me. I would only work for free with a guarantee in writing that they would hire me.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm

Hope this package includes the 20 Billion dollars needed to pass H.R. 589, and give some relief to the 99ers !!!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:26 am

Have you read where the money will go? More taxcuts for the rich and famous, including the companies they own with further cuts to social security and medicare - yeh, I think the cons will agree to that.

Maybe we could just turn all of our taxes over to Wall Street - hell, why don't we all just offer to work for free so they can continue to do nothing and have everything? I don't resent rich people, I resent the bullshirt stories that we're told regarding how they came by their fortunes. Anyone that doesn't get how the well connected skirt the law, defraud the government (us), hide their profits overseas so they can avoid paying for the services they use the most of, and have for ages had access to an entire world of slaves, needs to wake up - snort some ammonia and break the spell. The American dream is a wet one.

I've been wondering where Michelle Obama's been and saw she's going to appear on a "home make-over" show. Frankly, I can't think of anywhere else she shouldn't be. In the worst downturn since the depression, in which most Americans have literally lost their shirts, she's wasting her time appearing on a show like that? Sweet Jesus, what are these people thinking? I can't even stand to listen to Obama anymore - he's out there repeating the same tired old lines that he tricked us into believing before. He's having a great time meeting his constituents when if they had any brains, they should be booing not encouraging his embrace of Wall Street!!

The coming years are going to be progressively worse for those without connections - there is absolutely no way this can be any different as long as people remain this politically ignorant. We should prepare ourselves - rent unused space if possible, because once the next three trade agreements are signed, we're smoked. Our corporate propaganda ministry has believe it or not convinced the public that these too will be good for us - creating jobs!!! "Our" government is allowing timber to be harvested and instead of it being processed here, it is shipped whole out of the country!! Does anyone remember the grand-fathered-in free timber magnates of the Pacific Northwest complaining about how much re-tooling was going to cost them to reduce their machinery to processing smaller trees? This was their excuse for cutting down the old growth forests - the ecological disaster that threatened the infamous spotted owl controversy - they then shipped "our" resources overseas. The loss of jobs was blamed on the owl and environmentalists not that they found cheaper labor. For anyone never exposed to a decent science curriculum, any degradation of an ecological system will ultimately threaten human life. It's far more than a question of sustainability - all life forms are inter-connected, and we should pay very close attention to anything that threatens any part of this very fragile globe. We need to really "get it" that these industrial psychopaths truly relish profit more than life. Seriously. Capitalism is ultimately only good for the capitalists NOT humanity and especially not sustainable as the sociopaths have planned.

sbraney
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:57 am

Talk about timber here is a connect!!!

Saw where FBI raided Gibson guitar mnf. and confiscated all their Indian rosewood used in making guitar fretboards(where you put your fingers to play a chord). The reasons given was because they say its illegal to ship indian rosewood UNLESS!! The fretboard has designs on it called inlays and they said as long as gibson ordered the fretboard ( from India already with inlays in it) then it was ok. Now I heard thats because of india workers not doing the work if gibson puts the inlays to make it a finished product. . But its ok for the guitar manufurs. to order indian rosewood like taylor, martin, other guitar mnfs. to order indian rosewood in for a ton of their guitars with no problems to be used for guitar backs and sides Don't know if Indian rosewood is grown other areas or countries! .. But somehow its related to the indian rosewood fretboards and who puts the design inlays in them to make them a finished product ready to install.. Pressure and politics huh??? BUT also they said they also are putting heat on Gibson to send some of their guitar manuf. to india! Boy obama, speaks about American jobs to stay here and be American made... Hum! Think he really means it, If so why doesn't he put pressure on them to return to America and if they want to produce overseas and sell to the bigest consumer then put an import tax on them or give them tax incentives to return to America. THAT AIN"T going to happen, because its a one world govmt. being created and global economy. Also Obama has no intentions of recovering jobs to the scale of whats needed to put the milions back to work. But he makes sincere sounding speeches.. Like say one thing and do another... Covertly..
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by perfectstranger Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:05 pm

sbraney wrote:Have you read where the money will go? More taxcuts for the rich and famous, including the companies they own with further cuts to social security and medicare - yeh, I think the cons will agree to that.

What I read is that the money will go to:

1. Tax cuts for employers who hire (sounds right to me)
2. Major school construction initiative
3. Aid to local governments to layoffs of teachers
4. Other help for businesses, including allowing them to write off costs of business equipment

I also read Obama's plan will be partially funded through allowing those tax cuts that the rich currently enjoy to expire, including of course, the oil companies who have been enjoying record profits.

Where'd you get your info, sbraney? Can you direct me to your news sources? I didn't read that the funds will come from cuts to SS or medicare so I'd like to read the article where you found that information.

perfectstranger
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:03 pm

Coverage starts at 7pm tonight. Let's all watch and see what he says !!!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:11 pm

I heard about that Gibson story and yes it scares me. That will cause even more job losses.

Sbraney, my mom couldn't wait to tell me about Michelle Obama being on Extreme Makeover. She watches that show and is excited that she'll be on. My mom is still a big Obama supporter and keeps telling me he's innocent of everything. While I would agree he didn't start the problem he's not helping.

Trade agreements with countries that have the same or near same standards really don't make much difference. I've bought Japanese electronics (and in fact would seek out Sony products)as well as products from Germany, England, Italy and even Spain (I collect Spanish dolls). So the trade agreement with Australia doesn't bother me. However, the trade agreements with Colombia and a few of the other countries (forget the other ones)will affect us. Colombia wants to build up their manufacturing so I would not be surprised if this causes more job losses. I'm more concerned though with India and China now because neither country shares our values and I don't trust them (and in the case of China they aren't a democracy).
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Getting the feeling the repubs. will go along with his stimulus but I bet they fight hard on unemployment extensions! We'll see. But what about 99er's???
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:27 pm

Forecasters now say it's a 470 Billion dollar package. No mention of any relief for us 99ers. Just speculation. We are the forgotten many !!!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:30 pm

1208, Rosewood is also grown in Brazil, to answer your question from a previous recent post. They don't have to buy from India.

Last edited by requete' on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : phrasing)
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:53 pm

Video tape of Obama on jobs act.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/newsinc/landing_page.html?vid=23528190&cid=993&freewheel=90057&sitesection=huffingtonpost_pol
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum