Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Cspan_live_play-1

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida

+3
kjps12
Jen
ET
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Empty Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:21 pm

http://flaglerlive.com/18080/rick-scott-government
Gov. Scott is cutting everything. The hatchet man lives outside of HR depts. He is here! The ax-man from outer space.
He privatized all medical programs, making him a billionaire.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Empty Re: Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida

Post by Jen Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Are they protesting there yet? They are here in IN. I expect I will see that FL is protesting any day now, if they aren't already. The national mainstream media doesn't like to report on things like this until the stories get too big to ignore.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida Empty Re: Reality Check: Rick Scott vs. Florida

Post by kjps12 Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:34 pm

the wonderful thief rick scoot has turned down 2 billion in federal money for hi speed rail. the kicker here is it was voted to accept the money by bi partisian legislators who have in turn asked the federal goverment to step in. a republican majority no less. i guess rick scott thinks hes a dictator. there will be flying oranges in tallahassee not to mention the 25,000 jobs down the drain plus the millions private companies have infested in surrounding areas in anticipation of hi-speed rail
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:44 pm

This state sucks...big time. I could go on and on about "living in hell'..right here in Florida. But, it would bore you.
et
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:47 pm

It's the same here. IN and FL both already paid almost the lowest UI benefits before and now they are both cutting it, amongst many other things. It's insane!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:50 pm

I wish someone could rescue me from "hell on earth". They even started charging to go to the parks by the gulf. We can't even see the water for free. I hear it was overturned, but the boxes are still up.
HELP! Get me outta here!!!!!
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:53 pm

We live in a REWARD the rich and PUNISH and kick the poor when they are down society. This is not our grandparents Republican party. They would make Obama look like a righty. elephant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:57 pm

Unless you can get up around Cleveland, forget Ohio it is Tea Potty central here, ET. No jobs here either.

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:58 pm

I know. I am having anxiety attacks..one after the other. After reading the article about people who have been unemployed for over a year...are discarded from the job market...I really flipped out. That is why..I just can't twitter right now. Too many disheartening articles about our situation. I am hanging by a thread...really. Monday, my roof gets looked at, to see if I can stay here one more year w/o having to replace the roof.
I am really freaking out.
et
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:00 pm

ET wrote:I know. I am having anxiety attacks..one after the other. After reading the article about people who have been unemployed for over a year...are discarded from the job market...I really flipped out. That is why..I just can't twitter right now. Too many disheartening articles about our situation. I am hanging by a thread...really. Monday, my roof gets looked at, to see if I can stay here one more year w/o having to replace the roof.
et

I'm sorry ET, don't know what else to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm

@Abbie...I got a hold of a long lost coworker from the theater I worked in..in NYC. He was the general manager at that time. He moved to Raleigh, NC. He said there are no jobs in Raleigh. The only reason he moved, was that Raleigh, gave him a theatrical space to create his plays.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:01 pm

ET wrote:This state sucks...big time. I could go on and on about "living in hell'..right here in Florida. But, it would bore you.
et
im living it if it were not for the weather there would be nobody in this god forsaken state. now to travel on the turnpike you must by a sunpass. they are doing away with all the toll takers.and these people are bitchin about a mandate on healthcare
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:04 pm

Abbie wrote:
ET wrote:I know. I am having anxiety attacks..one after the other. After reading the article about people who have been unemployed for over a year...are discarded from the job market...I really flipped out. That is why..I just can't twitter right now. Too many disheartening articles about our situation. I am hanging by a thread...really. Monday, my roof gets looked at, to see if I can stay here one more year w/o having to replace the roof.
et

I'm sorry ET, don't know what else to say.
et whos looking at your roof. if its a roofing company you can bet sure as hell there going to tell you the roofs about to fall in
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:05 pm

ET wrote:@Abbie...I got a hold of a long lost coworker from the theater I worked in..in NYC. He was the general manager at that time. He moved to Raleigh, NC. He said there are no jobs in Raleigh. The only reason he moved, was that Raleigh, gave him a theatrical space to create his plays.

The majority of jobs listed here are PT or temp and those you must have 6 months recent work experience to even apply.
There were a couple PT clerical jobs at the courthouse but over 100 people applied. It sux, I know, especially being older, doesn't matter what state you are in really.

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm

@kjps12..that is terrible to hear about the toll workers being dumped. But, I don't take the Suncoast Parkway at all. I take side roads and back roads, whenever I can. The Suncoast for me, is only used if and when I have money enough to go to the Keys, Miami or across to Cape Canaveral. Other than that, never use it...and it sure looks like, I never will use it again.
et
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:12 pm

ET wrote:@kjps12..that is terrible to hear about the toll workers being dumped. But, I don't take the Suncoast Parkway at all. I take side roads and back roads, whenever I can. The Suncoast for me, is only used if and when I have money enough to go to the Keys, Miami or across to Cape Canaveral. Other than that, never use it...and it sure looks like, I never will use it again.
et

ET:

I work for a Roofing Comp part-time...be sure to get at least 3 even 4 roof estimates! My boss had me do "homework"...because he wanted to know what others were charging.

Well...you would not believe the estimates I got! Sometimes as much as $2,000 to $4,000 difference-- to the fact one guy said I didn't even need a roof replacement! He was the only honest one of the bunch! That guy stated I needed about $150.00 repair work. So be sure to get at least 3 estimates because roofers are really looking for jobs right now....
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm

@jj...I know, and if I can pay cash, they might go down in price. But, like I said before..I might be able to stall for one more year...if the inspectors say the roof is ok for one more year. If not...well, I have to wait til Monday, when the inspection happens. After that, I will decide on what I can do.
et
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:18 pm

This has always been my greatest fear. Not having a roof over my head, since I was a kid.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:31 pm

I hear ya....it happened to me when FL had the 2 huricanes back to back....HAD to get a new roof! 75% of roof blew away! and I got mold really fast!
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Is the roof inspection mandatory because of it's age and you have insurance with Citizens ET?
gonzofl
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:39 pm

@gonzofl
yes it is mandatory, for Citizen's. I had Mercury, but they dumped me.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:51 pm

I thought that sounded like Citizens. We had ours inspected last month and by the grace of God it passed inspection. FYI.....you might inquire with the company that is coming out to inspect your roof if they have the form to send back to Citizens. Out inspector didn't and I had to call Citizens and have them fax it to me.
gonzofl
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.J. Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm

jj wrote:
ET wrote:@kjps12..that is terrible to hear about the toll workers being dumped. But, I don't take the Suncoast Parkway at all. I take side roads and back roads, whenever I can. The Suncoast for me, is only used if and when I have money enough to go to the Keys, Miami or across to Cape Canaveral. Other than that, never use it...and it sure looks like, I never will use it again.
et

ET:

I work for a Roofing Comp part-time...be sure to get at least 3 even 4 roof estimates! My boss had me do "homework"...because he wanted to know what others were charging.

Well...you would not believe the estimates I got! Sometimes as much as $2,000 to $4,000 difference-- to the fact one guy said I didn't even need a roof replacement! He was the only honest one of the bunch! That guy stated I needed about $150.00 repair work. So be sure to get at least 3 estimates because roofers are really looking for jobs right now....

It is good to have at least 3 to 4 estimates, as these roofing companies vary in cost tremendously. Our first estimate was $4,500, second $3,500 and third $2,900 (which we bargained down for $2,500). Here in Cali, you can have up to 3 layers of asphalt roofing--an original asphalt roof, get a 2nd roof (over first) and 3rd roof (over second). After 3rd layer of asphalt, all layers must be removed to apply original roof. Contractors are desperate for work right now, so with a few more estimates you might be able to get a good deal. Oh, very IMPORTANT, ask whoever you decide to go with for references of roofing jobs done in your area--you want the addresses and phone #s of these customers. Good luck.
L.J.
L.J.
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er-Trust No One...Completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm

L.J. wrote:
jj wrote:
et

ET:

It is good to have at least 3 to 4 estimates, as these roofing companies vary in cost tremendously. Our first estimate was $4,500, second $3,500 and third $2,900 (which we bargained down for $2,500). Here in Cali, you can have up to 3 layers of asphalt roofing--an original asphalt roof, get a 2nd roof (over first) and 3rd roof (over second). After 3rd layer of asphalt, all layers must be removed to apply original roof. Contractors are desperate for work right now, so with a few more estimates you might be able to get a good deal. Oh, very IMPORTANT, ask whoever you decide to go with for references of roofing jobs done in your area--you want the addresses and phone #s of these customers. Good luck.

Thank you, L.J....I forgot to tell ET about references.
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:02 pm

Hey all my friends in Florida: good news! I will not need a new roof! Inspection company put down on paper, another 5 years for my roof! So, now the paperwork can be processed for my homeowners insurance. So, just have to come up with my regular mortgage payment at this time.
Whew..plus, two job interviews next week and I am 62! Start substitute teaching training tomorrow for two days. Things are looking up.
Also, found out that Cambodia is a great ex-pat place to move to. Still thinking about the move out of the US. Ensenada, Baja, CA too.
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next