Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE Cspan_live_play-1

FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE

2 posters

Go down

FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE Empty FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE

Post by L.J. Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:17 pm

FOOD BANKS – Nationwide Search

FEEDING AMERICA

http://feedingamerica.org/

On home page scroll to top and click on Find a Food Bank and then enter state or zip code. I live in a large County so I then had to click on the website link that was inside the text box under Contact Info to get to the next page. Under Need Food? Enter your zip code for the closest food banks in your area. When I first did this, no food banks came up in my zip code. I entered the zip code of the next closest city/town to me which is 2 miles away and two local food banks popped up. These two food banks are not connected so I’m allowed to get food from both locations. To register with the food bank, you have to show proof of ID for all members of your household. If married (or partner), you need to get a copy of your spouse’s/partner’s driver’s license also. If you have kids, you’ll need a copy to prove their identity (check with the food bank to see what they require as proof). They need to know how many adults and how many children are part of your household. Families that have children under 18 y/o will get the much needed eggs, milk, meats, etc. They will take SNAP cards. Each week 5.7 million Americans receive assistance from Feed America.

Food banks are now very overwhelmed with so many new customers and I supplement by purchasing my meats/chicken/fish food boxes which I order once a month from Angel Food Ministries.

ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES

Offer low cost food boxes – You can purchase total meal boxes and/or chicken, beef, pork, fish boxes, fruits and vegetables boxes, kid’s snacks boxes as they offer a variety of food menu plans which are one-half of what you’d pay at a grocery store. Distribution centers are locatable by putting in your zip code and you can order online or pay in advance at the distribution center. They will take SNAP cards.

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/

Toll free: 1-877-366-3646

Last edited by L.J. on Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total
L.J.
L.J.
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er-Trust No One...Completely.

Back to top Go down

FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE Empty Re: FEED AMERICA AND ANGEL FOOD MINISTRIES FOR FOOD ASSISTANCE

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Thank goodness I don't have to use the Food Bank again (I have food stamps). Too bad there isn't an Angelfoodministries in Alaska - I could have used their services to stretch my food stamps.

These two are life savers for millions of Americans.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down