Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Cspan_live_play-1

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated

4 posters

Go down

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Empty Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated

Post by Jen Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:45 pm

U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated
Fourth-quarter GDP revised to 2.8 percent; cuts by state, local governments ease growth

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41777474/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

We already knew this. I don't know why they didn't.
Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  951891
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Empty Re: Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Austerity measures anyone?

"Deeper spending cuts by state and local governments weighed down U.S. economic growth in the final three months of last year. "

I really thought the article would have "unexpected" somewhere. Wink They seem to use that word in regard to employment all the time.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Empty Re: Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:07 pm

If gas prices stay where they are (or go up) we can expect things to slow down even more
Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Gas_prices_large
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:09 pm

mrgolf wrote:If gas prices stay where they are (or go up) we can expect things to slow down even more
Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  Gas_prices_large

The economy wasn't all that great and then the price of gas went through the roof in 2008. IMHO, I think the price of gas did make things much worse.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:39 pm

JaneWI wrote:
mrgolf wrote:If gas prices stay where they are (or go up) we can expect things to slow down even more

The economy wasn't all that great and then the price of gas went through the roof in 2008. IMHO, I think the price of gas did make things much worse.
It can't help (us), that's for sure.

Article: U.S. economy growing more slowly than initially estimated  3170322
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:31 pm

Hello! But didn't I just read an article and Obama says the economy is rolling but he is still concerned about unemployment! I guess the key word is "Rolling".

AND this gas crisis when the full impact is realized then here comes the breaks on the old freight train.. Layoff's and cut backs.. example is say 1 veh. goes up 10.00/fill up and thats times 100 vehicles.. thats 1000.00 more per fill up.now if a truck over the road fills up say even two times per week then thats 2000.00 per week increase.. you figure the rest! If they can use fuzzy math then so can I!! scratch
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down