Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Cspan_live_play-1

TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

TAKE ACTION: Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589

3 posters

Go down

TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Empty TAKE ACTION: Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589

Post by Carol in CA Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 pm

Greetings from UWAG!

I am writing this today to ask you to once again pick up your phone or use your keyboard to send a message to Congress!

This action will be for Monday and Tuesday, March 28 and March 29!

Please see the details of this at www.american99ersunion.com . Once there, go to the Take Action page and you will find all the Contact info you need, to contact:

1) Speaker Boehner
2) Majority Leader Cantor
3) Your own Representative in the House

This should take no more than 10-15 min. of your time - but the impact could be very important in helping to get HR 589 passed!

As you know Rep. Barbara Lee is going to be meeting with Speaker Boehner very soon and she is working hard for us, to drum up support for HR 589 which would give 99ers - and ALL unemployed - 14 more weeks of benefits!

So we need to do our part! The American 99ers Union is proud that Rep. Lee came to us and asked us to help her gather support for this bill among the 99er community! Gregg Rosen (my co-founder of the A99U) has met with Rep. Lee personally and is in regular contact with her Chief of Staff and Media Coordinator.

Let's show Rep. Lee and Congress that the American 99ers Union is STRONGER THAN EVER by making absolutely certain that each one of us call or fax the above 3 persons in Congress Monday and Tuesday AND if you can, also Tweet and email them!

Imagine the impact ten thousand faxes and calls will have! We're past the stage of "not having time" to do this aren't we?

I am COUNTING ON EVERY UWAG MEMBER TO **DO THIS** !!!

Thank you for all you do!

Michael White
President, Unemployed Workers Action Group www.uwag.org
Co-Founder, American 99ers Union www.american99ersunion.com
http://unemployedworkersactiongroup.webs.com/

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Empty Re: TAKE ACTION: Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589

Post by Jen Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:12 pm

Here's the one that we just sent. Look familiar? Laughing We just copied it and changed UWAG to DAWU.

Mine came in my spam box so, if anyone didn't get it, you might look there or make sure you have the option in your profile selected that allows newsletters. Razz

Greetings from DAWU!

I am writing this today to ask you to once again pick up your phone or use your
keyboard to send a message to Congress!

This action will be for Monday and Tuesday, March 28 and March 29!

Please see the details of this at www.american99ersunion.com . Once there, go to
the Take Action page and you will find all the Contact info you need, to

1) Speaker Boehner
2) Majority Leader Cantor
3) Your own Representative in the House

This should take no more than 10-15 min. of your time - but the impact could be
very important in helping to get HR 589 passed!

As you know Rep. Barbara Lee is going to be meeting with Speaker Boehner very
soon and she is working hard for us, to drum up support for HR 589 which would
give 99ers - and ALL unemployed - 14 more weeks of benefits!

So we need to do our part! The American 99ers Union is proud that Rep. Lee came
to us and asked us to help her gather support for this bill among the 99er
community! Gregg Rosen has met with Rep. Lee personally and is in regular
contact with her Chief of Staff and Media Coordinator.

Let's show Rep. Lee and Congress that the American 99ers Union is STRONGER THAN
EVER by making absolutely certain that each one of us call or fax the above 3
persons in Congress Monday and Tuesday AND if you can, also Tweet and email
them!

Imagine the impact ten thousand faxes and calls will have! We're past the stage
of "not having time" to do this aren't we?

I am COUNTING ON EVERY DAWU MEMBER TO **DO THIS** !!!

Thank you for all you do!

DAWU admins

Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

TAKE ACTION:  Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589 Empty Re: TAKE ACTION: Monday and Tuesday March 28 and March 29 for H.R. 589

Post by Carol in CA Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:26 pm

Jen,

I will delete my post then.
Sorry about the duplication, but I had received mine earlier from Mike from UWAG so I then immediately posted it here.
And at the that time I had not seen yours posted here.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 pm

i tried but can't delete my post

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:42 pm

Carol in CA wrote:Jen,

I will delete my post then.
Sorry about the duplication, but I had received mine earlier from Mike from UWAG so I then immediately posted it here.
And at the that time I had not seen yours posted here.
No, yours was there first. I was just showing everyone the one we sent too. We actually used the one that you posted as ours. Very Happy I said "look familiar" because we copied yours. Laughing
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 pm

Jen,

Thanks for clarifying this.
I misunderstood and thought you wanted me do delete my post because it looked like a duplicate post.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Just though this might be interesting.....this bill
H.R.459 - Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011

Has 100 cosponsors both parties, but appears stuck in commitee

The same bill was in the LAST congress and got over 300 co-sponsors
both partys and failed to get out of commitee...

Putting this info here simply as a comparison SOMEBODY really doesnt want this voted o...the UI benefits package is small potatoes compared to the people keeping this from a vote..

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h459/actions_votes
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 pm

elvis44102 wrote:Just though this might be interesting.....this bill
H.R.459 - Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2011

Has 100 cosponsors both parties, but appears stuck in commitee

The same bill was in the LAST congress and got over 300 co-sponsors
both partys and failed to get out of commitee...

Putting this info here simply as a comparison SOMEBODY really doesnt want this voted o...the UI benefits package is small potatoes compared to the people keeping this from a vote..

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h459/actions_votes
Of course, they don't. The Federal Reserve is never going to reveal to the people what they have really been doing.
Did you see the article yesterday that said they are going to start having news conferences in order to increase their transparency? What a joke.
https://dawu.forumotion.com/t1284-fed-in-historic-shift-to-hold-regular-briefings
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:23 pm

""Did you see the article yesterday that said they are going to start having news conferences in order to increase their transparency? What a joke.""

No I did not see the article about transparency, but I could emagine the superficiality of such an event...

I can't even find good figures as to how much of a cut the Fed actually gets...Is it like 1% on the initial loan then 1% on every fractional reserve based loan afterwards for a total of say 10%...(just made up the percentages) but you get the idea...how much of a percentage,on how many transactions or levels of fractionized loans is the public actually paying a private company for????
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down