Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Cspan_live_play-1

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney

+3
Michfemale11
Gigi
mrgolf
7 posters

Go down

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Empty "Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:03 pm

Mitt Romney said that unemployment will likely get President Obama tossed from office in 2012.
Former Massachusetts governor and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Gov. Mitt Romney (R) said that if President Barack Obama loses the election in 2012, it will be because of high unemployment.

"This unemployment crisis is part of what I call the Obama Misery Index, and it’s why my view is this man is going to get tossed from office," Romney said Monday evening on Fox News. "He's a nice guy, but he just doesn’t understand what it takes to get the economy going to make America competitive globally, to rein in the size of the federal government, and to allow the American spirit of entrepreneurialism and innovation put Americans back to work."

Romney is likely right. According to a USA Today/Gallup Poll released Tuesday, 46 percent of Americans say they definitely will not vote for President Obama in 2012. Unfortunately for Romney, 45 percent of respondents won't vote for him either. Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee fared worse: 46 percent said they would definitely not vote for him.

Neither Democrats nor Republicans seem to have garnered strong support heading into 2012. Could it be because neither party is doing anything to address unemployment?

Conservative pundit David Frum thinks so. In his CNN column, "Both Parties Abandon the Jobless" he points out that neither party is focused on "jobs jobs, jobs" even though 13.5 million Americans are out of work — 6.1 million of them for 27 weeks or more.

Instead, Frum writes, Republicans are coalescing around U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan's budget plan, which really doesn't address high unemployment, while Democrats have no job message at all.

http://www.mlive.com/jobs/index.ssf/2011/04/romney_unemployment_will_get_obama_tosse.html"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Mitt_romney
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Empty Re: "Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney

Post by Gigi Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:28 pm

OK. I would like to hear Romney's solution to the unemployment problem. He can point his finger at Obama but what would be his solution. I would like to hear it now.
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Empty Re: "Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Whether you like Mitt Romney or not, I'm glad he brought up the subject
"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Mitt-romney
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:28 pm

mrgolf wrote:Whether you like Mitt Romney or not, I'm glad he brought up the subject
"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Mitt-romney

Oh this pic has me "Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney 649738
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm glad to hear that someone is talking about it as well, but I'm with Gigi on this one, I would love to hear his solution!
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by aloneinpa Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:41 pm

"Neither Democrats nor Republicans seem to have garnered strong support heading into 2012. Could it be because neither party is doing anything to address unemployment?"

I'm also glad that Romney is bringing unemployment up, but what are Republicans offering? Nothing! Maybe this will stir the Democrats to get serious and take action.
aloneinpa
aloneinpa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Michfemale11 wrote:I'm glad to hear that someone is talking about it as well, but I'm with Gigi on this one, I would love to hear his solution!
This doesn't really answer your question but it comes from one of his meet and greets in NH
"I like President Obama, but he doesn't have a clue how jobs are created," Romney said, noting that Obama has never run a business.

Romney reminded his audience that he spent much of his life in the private sector. "I know how jobs are created and how jobs are lost. I have helped guide more than one enterprise that was in crisis."

He said "turnarounds work when the leader focuses on what's most important." He then tried to make the case that Obama did just the opposite.

"He delegated the jobs crisis to (Democratic congressional leaders) Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and he went to work on his own liberal priorities," including a climate change plan and a health care overhaul. "The next president must focus on what's most important: getting Americans back to work."

Romney explained what he said he stood for: lower taxes for companies, a smaller bureaucracy, a ceiling on federal spending. He called for repealing the health overhaul that conservatives view as a symbol of costly government overreach.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/07/mitt-romney-has-clear-pit_n_832209.html
"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Romney
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:17 pm

There have been other successful POTUS-es who never ran a business. For example Dwight D. Eisenhower. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Thomas Jefferson ran a business.....his farm.....with SLAVE LABOR. Must've been nice to run a business when you didn't have to pay any of your workers & you could even have sex with the women slaves whenever you wanted & they couldn't stop you. Evil or Very Mad

Haven't most of the Presidents been lawyers?? Does that count as running a business?? Wink

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:00 pm

"Instead, Frum writes, Republicans are coalescing around U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan's budget plan, which really doesn't address high unemployment, while Democrats have no job message at all."

Frum needs to get out more. I guess he hasn't heard about HR 589, which has been gathering dust in a Republican dominated House Committee.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:11 pm

truth wrote:"
Frum needs to get out more. I guess he hasn't heard about HR 589, which has been gathering dust in a Republican dominated House Committee.

I started a thread awhile back saying that I thought there was a flaw in the strategy the way HR589 was presented by Rep. Lee. I sure hope I'm wrong
"Unemployment will get Obama tossed from office" Mitt Romney Strategy12
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:45 pm

by Phillymg Today at 22:17

""There have been other successful POTUS-es who never ran a business. For example Dwight D. Eisenhower""

I think Ike's specialty was "logistics" which is a fancy way of saying he
specialized in all the material needs that an army has...can't be more "business like" than that...he also had a lot of experiance in dealing with tin-pot primma-donnas...

As for mr Romney??? You can not have it both ways, If you admit that people are unemployed through no fault of their own, help them..
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:36 am

I am not sure how one defines a "successful" President. Even history has problems with that complex evaluation, so I'll ignore that qualifier.
As best as I can recall (correct me if I'm wrong, and pardon my sloth in not looking these things up), Truman ran a business, and he was mocked for it.

Besides Ike, Kennedy, Johnson (he married into wealth from the radio business),Nixon, Ford, Reagan, Clinton, and Obama never ran a business. Carter liked to describe himself as a "peanut farmer". GHW Bush made a lot of money in the oil business. GW Bush had a mixed record in oil ventures, but did well in the baseball business. As far as I know, he is the only President who obtained an MBA.

FDR had tons of money from the start, and never had to worry about going into business. Hoover never ran a business, but he was an employee of engineering companies. He was a great engineer, but a great President?

All in all, I don't see business experience as a desirable quality for a presidential candidate. Of course, someone with such experience will argue that it is.

Last edited by truth on Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:54 am

I just did a little research on Lady Bird Johnson. If business success is a top criterion, she would have been a great President. She turned an initial investment of $41,000 into a company worth $150 million. This by a woman in the 1940s and 1950s! Wow!

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:21 am

truth wrote:I just did a little research on Lady Bird Johnson. If business success is a top criterion, she would have been a great President. She turned an initial investment of $41,000 into a company worth $150 million. This by a woman in the 1940s and 1950s! Wow!

Isn't she rumored to have something to do with Marilyn Monroe's demise?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down