Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Cspan_live_play-1

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

+11
nuttin2lose
UPCHITCREEK
truth
X
stansmad
disgustedwithgovt
requete'
RanBrow123
Kathy
unemployed2long/1208
concernedinKY
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Empty Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by concernedinKY Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:58 pm

It shows a sharp spike in concern about unemployment. Overall, 86 percent call it extremely or very important, the highest level since just before the 2010 elections. Nearly four in 10 expect there to be an increase in the number of people unemployed in the country over the next year, while just 23 percent say they expect unemployment to drop. In previous AP-GfK polling, those figures had been about even.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/APPoll-Obama-Economy/2011/06/23/id/401092

All I gotta say is, I voted for the man, but he really needs to find a way to stand up and shove the focus in the direction of the issues that really matter to the American people.

Last edited by concernedinKY on Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Don't think he has a rabbit in the hat that will make a difference before 2012 elections! But I am sure he can pull a great speech out of the hat! But Hello! Americans are smarter than he thinks ..No more useless speeches!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:02 pm

I voted for him too but I cant take even another year of this!

Republicans will never let him do anything and we all agree something has to be done about all of America's problems. So if he gets voted in again how can he accomplish anything even if he wants to?

I am so tired of the speeches because they mean nothing and accomplish nothing so what is the point of them? I need to see some action.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:03 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Don't think he has a rabbit in the hat that will make a difference before 2012 elections! But I am sure he can pull a great speech out of the hat! But Hello! Americans are smarter than he thinks ..No more useless speeches!!!

While I, too, am unhappy with how Obama has been handling things -- mainly because he's been very hands off and hasn't been really speaking out on anything important to the people struck hardest by the recession -- what is the alternative? I'm not sure what you're getting at here, but are you planning to waste your vote on an independent, or worse, vote for a republican? If a republican is put in the white house in 2012, be prepared for all the complaints you have now, but with even more crap on top of it and all of it completely exacerbated. There will assuredly be no unemployment extensions if a republican gets elected. Better to have a wimp in office then someone who will actively seek to crush what you're fighting for. Lesser of two evils, etc.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

Kathy wrote:So if he gets voted in again how can he accomplish anything even if he wants to?.

He's worried about not getting elected to a second term. If he gets elected again, at least we don't need to worry about him doing things out of concern of getting elected. Then, the only thing we need to worry about are the deals lobbyists promise him for continuing to play ball even during his second term, but those things are already a problem with any elected official and even worse when people can have you by the balls come election time. He still beats having a republican in office by any stretch of the imagination.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 pm

I know what you mean RanBrow. I dont want a Republican in office because they have proven they dont care about the people.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Look at the playing field of Republican contenders. They're scraping the bottom of their barrel to find someone to run against him! Even at less than 50%, I don't believe he has anything to worry about ! It's way to early Yet !!!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:02 pm

requete' wrote:Look at the playing field of Republican contenders. They're scraping the bottom of their barrel to find someone to run against him! Even at less than 50%, I don't believe he has anything to worry about ! It's way to early Yet !!!

Your right, he doesn't have anything to worry about, but we do !!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 pm

The problem I have is who to vote for? I trust no politician now. We have been lied to, cheated and had extension 5 dangled in front of us for so long.

Who is gonna save us? Who is gonna save our failing country?
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by disgustedwithgovt Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:30 pm

Exactly, who will step up to take on all the crooks, looks like were doomed. Also, I like the first Lady, but all this traveling that this family does with America literally in the crapper is sort of disgusting as well. I would think that they would try to do more US travel, instead of these outlandish expensive trips overseas. Each trip cost taxpayers mega billions, two airforceones and all the handlers, all the functions, not to mention all the money they give away to the affiliates they visit with. Every time they are giving millions to some cause, like helping them build their green enviroment, and it goes on and on. What about those of us who live in the US, we can't afford solar panels, etc.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Kathy wrote:The problem I have is who to vote for? I trust no politician now. We have been lied to, cheated and had extension 5 dangled in front of us for so long.

Who is gonna save us? Who is gonna save our failing country?

"Well, in our system, the only choice you have would be to vote for Obama. Hold your nose and vote, but don’t expect anything." -- Noam Chomsky

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:58 pm

requete' wrote:Look at the playing field of Republican contenders. They're scraping the bottom of their barrel to find someone to run against him! Even at less than 50%, I don't believe he has anything to worry about ! It's way to early Yet !!!
Nothing to worry about ? Our economy is sinking like the titanic ! This will be a huge issue come 2012. Bet on it ! Notice he is already in campaign mode. Also releasing oil reserves to try to hold back gas prices. Why now ? He is getting nervous , that's why. HIS POLICIES HAVE FAILED MISERABLY.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:18 pm

Now that Republicans have the House, they too bear responsibility in job creation. The current House is made up of Republicans who brag about their "small government credentials. (Of course small government to Republicans is a misnomer because Government grew under Bush and so did the deficit).

Too bad, they put aside job creation and focused on bills designed to cut huge amounts of money out of programs designed to help the poor during a bad economy, force women to stay pregnant against their will, insert themselves into medical decisions that should be between a woman and her doctor, take away medical insurance for 15 million people and cut funding for education and financial aid for college.

Right now, the Governments spending habits pales in comparison to the Republicans intrusion into our lives. Republicans want lower taxes for the rich, fewer regulations on the rich and on corporations and they want the government to stop spending money to help the poor. Right now, President Obama is the best chance that America has. Perhaps, a Republican contender will come forward who is a viable candidate. Sad to say, it hasn't happened yet.

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:13 am

Tara wrote:Now that Republicans have the House, they too bear responsibility in job creation. The current House is made up of Republicans who brag about their "small government credentials. (Of course small government to Republicans is a misnomer because Government grew under Bush and so did the deficit).

Too bad, they put aside job creation and focused on bills designed to cut huge amounts of money out of programs designed to help the poor during a bad economy, force women to stay pregnant against their will, insert themselves into medical decisions that should be between a woman and her doctor, take away medical insurance for 15 million people and cut funding for education and financial aid for college.

Right now, the Governments spending habits pales in comparison to the Republicans intrusion into our lives. Republicans want lower taxes for the rich, fewer regulations on the rich and on corporations and they want the government to stop spending money to help the poor. Right now, President Obama is the best chance that America has. Perhaps, a Republican contender will come forward who is a viable candidate. Sad to say, it hasn't happened yet.

Tara, I agree with you completely. Without needing too much "projection forwards" or "looking back" we have only this instance to see how matters are being handled. And the disgust I have for the elected leaders of this country, it's management, and in particular the denial of the suffering unemployed is devastating. It's certainly a lesson learned going forward.

All cars out of gear, countries out of whack, people soured, and people depressed need time to "come about". The captain of our ship certainly needs a bit more time to handle this mess. I just hope as others do that he steps up to the plate soon and hits a home run.

Thanks.
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:16 am

How many jobs will be created by the GOP plans to "reform" Social Security and Medicare? If their plots succeed, we'll have a whole lot of grandmas and grandpas who will need jobs until the day they die. Of course, if they have to choose between survival basics and voucherized Medicare, that day will come sooner rather than later.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:06 pm

Tara wrote:Now that Republicans have the House, they too bear responsibility in job creation. The current House is made up of Republicans who brag about their "small government credentials. (Of course small government to Republicans is a misnomer because Government grew under Bush and so did the deficit).

" They put aside job creation" ? OWEBAMA PUT ASIDE JOB CREATION AND FOCUSED ENTIRELY ON HEALTH CARE, PERIOD ! THIS WAS HIS FIRST HUGE MISTAKE AS WAIVERS ARE NOW BEING GIVEN TO EMPLOYERS. GOVT. SPENDING PALES IN COMPARISON ? OVER 14 TRILLION DEBT. REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS ALL SLEEP IN THE SAME BED, AND ALL ARE RESPONSIBLE. THEY DO NOT SHOW SYMPATHY FOR OUR PLIGHT UNLESS IT'S ELECTION TIME.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:31 pm

Even though you know the waivers are temporary and ONLY to keep thousands of people like you and me insured because the companies that have waivers would drop them like hot potatoes - you still bring it up. It's a NO argument. You can apply your negative spin to Democrats and President Obama, but it doesn't hold water.

The Affordable Care Act is a safety net so millions of people who have either gone bankrupt, are uninsurable and others who's prices for medical have gone up so much that they either can't afford it now or won't be able to in the future can get insurance.

And what the Republicans are doing? Giving tax breaks to the rich while removing programs that poor people need to survive in a bad economy? What do you call that? Greed and looking down on the poor. You don't get the difference? There are huge differences between Republicans and Democrats. They are not the same by any stretch of your imagination. Republicans need to stop their attack on the poor and elderly and write bills that create jobs; not take away more money from the needy.

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:37 pm

FYI - OWEBAMA SIGNED THE BILL GIVING TAX BREAKS TO THE RICH. THE MAN CAVED IN AS USUAL. HE COULD HAVE DONE MUCH MORE NEGOTIATION WISE AND FAILED TO DO SO. TELL ME WHAT THE DEMOCRATS HAVE DONE ON THEIR OWN TO HELP US. REMEMBER THESE QUOTES ? " THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL BE LASER FOCUSED ON JOBS " BARRACK OBAMA, 2010. " THE SUMMER OF RECOVERY IS HERE". JOE BIDEN, JUNE 2010. YOU FAIL TO SHOW OBJECTIVITY. REMEMBER THE DEMOCRATS HAD THE MAJORITY IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE, I BELIEVE FROM 2006 - 2010. I KNOW, IT'S STILL "Ws" FAULT.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:55 pm

stansmad wrote:FYI - OWEBAMA SIGNED THE BILL GIVING TAX BREAKS TO THE RICH. THE MAN CAVED IN AS USUAL. HE COULD HAVE DONE MUCH MORE NEGOTIATION WISE AND FAILED TO DO SO. TELL ME WHAT THE DEMOCRATS HAVE DONE ON THEIR OWN TO HELP US. REMEMBER THESE QUOTES ? " THIS ADMINISTRATION WILL BE LASER FOCUSED ON JOBS " BARRACK OBAMA, 2010. " THE SUMMER OF RECOVERY IS HERE". JOE BIDEN, JUNE 2010. YOU FAIL TO SHOW OBJECTIVITY. REMEMBER THE DEMOCRATS HAD THE MAJORITY IN THE HOUSE AND SENATE, I BELIEVE FROM 2006 - 2010. I KNOW, IT'S STILL "Ws" FAULT.

Okay, I get it, you hate Obama and the republicans have used their propaganda to hypnotize you into voting for people that will try to do things that will in the end hurt you, but can you please relax with the ALLLLLL CAAAAAAPPPPS, now?

On another note, why does your typing style look kind of like unemployed2long's?

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Ah O....I see a debate a brew'in.........head for the hills Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:34 pm

Yep , the bull's are in the china shop ........run...... affraid lol!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:37 pm

SJ N CHIT Play nice now!! Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   236346

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:40 pm

no-no ......thats no fun ..... all for one and one for all ....free for all .... lol!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:41 pm

stansmad wrote:FYI - . YOU FAIL TO SHOW OBJECTIVITY.

If you made an effort, you could turn off your caps, put the personal insult aside and carry on a political debate.

I could spend alot of time pointing out to you that President Obama gave in on the tax breaks temporarily in return for an extension to unemployment benefits. I could also spend alot of pointing out to you again the use of the filibuster by Republicans and that your timeline of Democrat control of the House and Senate was much shorter than the 4 years you say it is.

But, I know that those responses have already been pointed out to you and your arguments rely on half-truths and innuendo around those items in the same manner of your previous posts.

Instead, I'll focus on why the Republicans are going to lose the Presidential election in 2012. There was a time when the Republican Party focused on issues that were important to the economic health of the U.S. That time has gone.

Now, moral issues are at the top of the Party agenda. The Republican Party believes that the majority of Americans supports gun rights, are pro-life and believe in the sanctity of marriage and have adusted their agenda to accomodate religious folks and conservatives.

Moderate voters will not vote for the wing nuts currently parading as Presidential contenders. That leaves Huntsman versus Romney which splits the GOP voter base because the elderly, conservative Baby Boomers won't stomach either one. Just like with McCain, unless a conservative wins the GOP nomination, voters won't turn out.

Ironically, Republican moralizing will insure a Democratic win in 2012.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:Yep , the bull's are in the china shop ........run...... affraid lol!

Or you could just stand around making sarcastic one-liners with nuttin and waving your lol flag like usual for lack of intelligent input into conservation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next