Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

+11
nuttin2lose
UPCHITCREEK
truth
X
stansmad
disgustedwithgovt
requete'
RanBrow123
Kathy
unemployed2long/1208
concernedinKY
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by disgustedwithgovt Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:05 am

Hey, good debate, at least no one got banned like some other sites around the block. For that matter, the whole thread is a good one to read.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by truth Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:57 am

Tara wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:
RanBrow123 wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:better yet RAN , how bout this , every election put a new face in ,vote democrat , vote republican, that way, they will all know it's one term then bye-bye!

I don't think this will achieve the ultimate goal of being able to vote on issues that matter to us. That is to say, with this idea, we have to vote people out indefinitely, whereas I would prefer it if we only had to vote people out until the special interests decided it was no longer worth "investing," and then take our country back. Not to mention this strategy is too indiscriminate in that it also punishes the rare politician who hasn't been bought, and we definitely want to keep politicians who aren't bought.

Agreed , but it requires research on each one .... if they are doing whats best for America and it's people then ok , but right now all i see from both sides is vote me back in i'm not rich enough yet, i'll promise you the moon but i have no intentions of giving it to you .

Unfortunately, I believe alot of people did exactly that in 2010. They were fed up with the economy, blamed the Democrats and voted in a bunch of Republicans who are way conservative. They're paying the price right now for their folly.

There are lots of fresh faces in the House. What have they given us? A budget that will decimate Medicaid and voucherize Medicare for everyone who is under 55, while HR 589 gathers cobwebs in a GOP-dominated committee. They are now even reviving the failed Bush plot to privatize Social Security. I think that all three of those endangered programs may be badly needed, down the road, by a whole lot of those of us who are unemployed (assuming we survive this Great Recession - anyone think that we would have received anything close to 99 weeks with McCain/Pallin and a GOP Conress?).

Besides their attempts to further tear the already inadequate safety net, the new faces in the House and Senate promised that their focus would be upon jobs, jobs, jobs. Instead, they worry about big isssues like NPR and Planned Parenthood. The faces may be new, but the ideology is the same old trickle-down, anti-safety net, pro-corporate, further enrich the already ultra rich, to He// with everyone else, extreme right-wing social engineering (thanks, Newt) agenda that dominates the current GOP. I think that Senators Snowe and Collins are the last two major GOP politicians who come close to even the center-right.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Get into any discussion about Obama and it becomes clear as the day. If you do not agree with him or his policies you are one of the following = Right wing wacko, FOX news fanatic, teabagger, racist, "hypnotized" by Beck, Limbaugh, Oreilly etc. Please come up with some new excuses, as these are wore out already ! Dear Tara, I find it much easier to type in caps most of the time as I have had triple bypass surgery and the feeling in my left fingers has not returned as they said it would. Wasn't aware it was a crime to type this way, SORRY ! I will try to satisfy other posters and type according to your way, it will just be slower. Very typical liberal, if people don't agree with you they must be idiots, right ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:23 pm

I know from heart, stansmad as I have about 17% function. I'm sorry to hear about your problems and hope you feel better since your surgery. Some posters (including you)feel the need to make snide personal remarks to me. It seems silly to me, but I just take it in stride.

I don't believe I've ever called you an idiot. I may question some of your beliefs politically, but I don't call you names; nor do I say silly things like "I don't like you" or "you're not objective".

Sometimes, I just ignore posts altogether that are personal attacks.Some of them are so stupid, I don't have a reply. I don't engage in sarcasm as I believe it to be easily misunderstood and a low form of communication. Please feel free to continue typing in caps if it is easier for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:10 pm

I think blaming just one party is stupid because BOTH did this to us. Don't say that one party is great because they are both out to screw us over. The only difference is the Republicans are honest about this and the Democrats pretend they won't do it (and to be fair some of them are truly out to help). Think that politicians across the aisle hate each other? Guess again. Many are friends and just play at certain things.

I will say though that one thing making me mad about Obama is how they keep going on vacations overseas. That reminds me so much of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette. That I find disgraceful.

However the tea party isn't the answer either. The answer is to elect third party candidates. I know this is hard to do, but we need a viable third party not in cahoots with big business as both parties are.

Btw, I do agree with cutting programs like welfare. The reason? Because we have a system where many people would rather freeload than work. Also, if we decrease the incentive to come here illegally, then many of the illegals that come here will not.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:35 pm

stansmad wrote:Get into any discussion about Obama and it becomes clear as the day. If you do not agree with him or his policies you are one of the following = Right wing wacko, FOX news fanatic, teabagger, racist, "hypnotized" by Beck, Limbaugh, Oreilly etc. Please come up with some new excuses, as these are wore out already ! Dear Tara, I find it much easier to type in caps most of the time as I have had triple bypass surgery and the feeling in my left fingers has not returned as they said it would. Wasn't aware it was a crime to type this way, SORRY ! I will try to satisfy other posters and type according to your way, it will just be slower. Very typical liberal, if people don't agree with you they must be idiots, right ?
Hi Stansmad, sorry to hear about your health issues also, apparently typing in all CAPS is considered SCREAMING, or YELLING in the online etiquette definitions....
http://www.netmanners.com/email-etiquette/caps-formatting-dont-matter/
..... since this is something you do as a result of your disability, people understand, but you could just as easily type in all lower case, right?

Last edited by Sj on Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:55 pm

Tara wrote:I know from heart, stansmad as I have about 17% function. I'm sorry to hear about your problems and hope you feel better since your surgery. Some posters (including you)feel the need to make snide personal remarks to me. It seems silly to me, but I just take it in stride.

I don't believe I've ever called you an idiot. I may question some of your beliefs politically, but I don't call you names; nor do I say silly things like "I don't like you" or "you're not objective".

Sometimes, I just ignore posts altogether that are personal attacks.Some of them are so stupid, I don't have a reply. I don't engage in sarcasm as I believe it to be easily misunderstood and a low form of communication. Please feel free to continue typing in caps if it is easier for you.
K You just can t let it go can ya???? SAD

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Funny you would show up right then, nuttin. You of course are one that consistently makes snide remarks to and about me. You are also the one who said, "I don't like you." People should feel free to post on these boards without posters ganging up enmasse and making nasty remarks to and about them. Your clique is gone. There's only a few of you left. Trying to bully people on the net is silly.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Why should n t I show up then. You used a post I sent to you. I m tryin to move on but ain t gonna put up with your bull

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:28 pm

It looks like this topic is getting a little heated. Please keep it civil with no personal attacks. We are all under a great deal of stress and have differing view points. Great debate can result from these differences, but please remember to keep the tone respectful.

Remember, at the end of the day, we are all in this together.

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 3 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:31 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Why should n t I show up then. You used a post I sent to you. I m tryin to move on but ain t gonna put up with your bull

The way you move on is to stop your inappropriate behavior towards me. Until that happens, I'll keep talking about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

concernedinKY wrote:
It shows a sharp spike in concern about unemployment. Overall, 86 percent call it extremely or very important, the highest level since just before the 2010 elections. Nearly four in 10 expect there to be an increase in the number of people unemployed in the country over the next year, while just 23 percent say they expect unemployment to drop. In previous AP-GfK polling, those figures had been about even.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/APPoll-Obama-Economy/2011/06/23/id/401092

All I gotta say is, I voted for the man, but he really needs to find a way to stand up and shove the focus in the direction of the issues that really matter to the American people.

Alright guys, this thread has moved completely away from the original topic. Let's get back to the original discussion.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:02 pm

Right...this is not the Sand Box in the playground....or I can swing higher than you competition on the swing set is it?
Cause you all know I have the highest swing set swinging record to date..... lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Tara wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:Why should n t I show up then. You used a post I sent to you. I m tryin to move on but ain t gonna put up with your bull

The way you move on is to stop your inappropriate behavior towards me. Until that happens, I'll keep talking about it.
X2

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:20 pm

Sj wrote:Right...this is not the Sand Box in the playground....or I can swing higher than you competition on the swing set is it?
Cause you all know I have the highest swing set swinging record to date..... lol!

I once swung so high that I almost hit the top of the swing set and when I got off I threw up. Not very much fun and I learned my lesson.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:28 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:
Sj wrote:Right...this is not the Sand Box in the playground....or I can swing higher than you competition on the swing set is it?

I once swung so high that I almost hit the top of the swing set and when I got off I threw up. Not very much fun and I learned my lesson.
I swung all the way around, then when I did my lift off, I flew out of the sandbox..haven't landed yet...jk lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:31 pm

Knight's in shining armour, or should we say , white covers! but they always are for the people! Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Movement:
A little known fact of history involves the heavy opposition to the civil
rights movement by several prominent Democrats. Similar historical neglect is
given to the important role Republicans played in supporting the civil rights
movement.
A calculation of 26 major civil rights votes from 1933 through the
1960's civil rights era shows that Republicans favored civil rights in
approximately 96% of the votes, whereas the Democrats opposed them in 80% of the
votes! These facts are often intentionally overlooked by the left wing Democrats
for obvious reasons. In some cases, the Democrats have told flat out lies about
their shameful record during the civil rights movement.
Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known
liberal Democrat standard bearers including:
- Robert Byrd, current
senator from West Virginia
- J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator
and political mentor of Bill Clinton
- Albert Gore Sr.,
Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore. Gore Jr. has
been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
-
Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame
-
Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro Tempore
The complete list of the 21 Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act of
1964 includes Senators:
- Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
- Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas

- Holland and Smathers of Florida
- Russell and Talmadge of Georgia

- Ellender and Long of Louisiana
- Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi

- Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
- Johnston and Thurmond of South
Carolina
- Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
- H. Byrd and Robertson of
Virginia
- R. Byrd of West Virginia
Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to
literally split the party in two. A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED
AGAINST the Civil Rights Act, while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it. Republican
support in the Senate was even higher. Similar trends occurred with the Voting
Rights Act of 1965, which was supported by 82% of House Republicans and 94% of
Senate Republicans. The same Democrat standard bearers took their normal racists
stances, this time with Senator Fulbright leading the opposition effort.
It took the hard work of Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett
Dirksen
and Republican Whip Thomas Kuchel to pass the Civil Rights
Act (Dirksen was presented a civil rights accomplishment award for the year by
the head of the NAACP in recognition of his efforts). Upon breaking the Democrat
filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republican Dirksen took to the Senate
floor and exclaimed "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in
government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It
is here!" (Full text of
speech). Sadly, Democrats and revisionist historians have all but forgotten
(and intentionally so) that it was Republican Dirksen, not the divided
Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the
Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican
President Eisenhower.

Last edited by UPCHITCREEK on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:32 pm

SJ, but did you throw up? lol.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:38 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:Knight's in shining armour, or should we say , white covers! but they always are for the people! Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Movement:
A little known fact of history involves the heavy opposition to the civil
rights movement by several prominent Democrats. Similar historical neglect is
given to the important role Republicans played in supporting the civil rights
movement.
A calculation of 26 major civil rights votes from 1933 through the
1960's civil rights era shows that Republicans favored civil rights in
approximately 96% of the votes, whereas the Democrats opposed them in 80% of the
votes! These facts are often intentionally overlooked by the left wing Democrats
for obvious reasons. In some cases, the Democrats have told flat out lies about
their shameful record during the civil rights movement.
Democrat Senators organized the record Senate filibuster of the Civil Rights
Act of 1964. Included among the organizers were several prominent and well known
liberal Democrat standard bearers including:
- Robert Byrd, current
senator from West Virginia
- J. William Fulbright, Arkansas senator
and political mentor of Bill Clinton
- Albert Gore Sr.,
Tennessee senator, father and political mentor of Al Gore. Gore Jr. has
been known to lie about his father's opposition to the Civil Rights Act.
-
Sam Ervin, North Carolina senator of Watergate hearings fame
-
Richard Russell, famed Georgia senator and later President Pro Tempore
The complete list of the 21 Democrats who opposed the Civil Rights Act of
1964 includes Senators:
- Hill and Sparkman of Alabama
- Fulbright and McClellan of Arkansas

- Holland and Smathers of Florida
- Russell and Talmadge of Georgia

- Ellender and Long of Louisiana
- Eastland and Stennis of Mississippi

- Ervin and Jordan of North Carolina
- Johnston and Thurmond of South
Carolina
- Gore Sr. and Walters of Tennessee
- H. Byrd and Robertson of
Virginia
- R. Byrd of West Virginia
Democrat opposition to the Civil Rights Act was substantial enough to
literally split the party in two. A whopping 40% of the House Democrats VOTED
AGAINST the Civil Rights Act, while 80% of Republicans SUPPORTED it. Republican
support in the Senate was even higher. Similar trends occurred with the Voting
Rights Act of 1965, which was supported by 82% of House Republicans and 94% of
Senate Republicans. The same Democrat standard bearers took their normal racists
stances, this time with Senator Fulbright leading the opposition effort.
It took the hard work of Republican Senate Minority Leader Everett
Dirksen
and Republican Whip Thomas Kuchel to pass the Civil Rights
Act (Dirksen was presented a civil rights accomplishment award for the year by
the head of the NAACP in recognition of his efforts). Upon breaking the Democrat
filibuster of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Republican Dirksen took to the Senate
floor and exclaimed "The time has come for equality of opportunity in sharing in
government, in education, and in employment. It will not be stayed or denied. It
is here!" (Full text of
speech). Sadly, Democrats and revisionist historians have all but forgotten
(and intentionally so) that it was Republican Dirksen, not the divided
Democrats, who made the Civil Rights Act a reality. Dirksen also broke the
Democrat filibuster of the 1957 Civil Rights Act that was signed by Republican
President Eisenhower.

And to go farther the Republican Party was formed in some respect to abolish slavery, while Democrats supported slavery. The KKK was formed by Democratic senators. The Republicans were the ones who supported women's voting rights, not Democrats.

Speaking of Dirksen, I am too young to remember him, but several family members (Both Dem and Rep)speak very highly of him.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm

The next time Democrats take to the national airwaves to dishonestly accuse
Republicans of racial hatred, remember who the historical record up until this
very day points to as the real bigots: The Democrat Party. In all possible ways,
the Democrat Party is built around the pillars of ultra leftists, many of whom
are known participants in racism and/or affiliates of racist hate groups.
Consider the Democrat Party of today's heroes and leaders:
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Democrat icon and orchestrator of
Japanese Internment
- Ex-House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, former
affiliate of a St. Louis area racist group
- Ex-Senate President Pro
Tempore Robert Byrd
, former Ku Klux Klansman known for making bigoted slurs
on national television
- Rev. Jesse Jackson,Democrat keynote
speaker and race hustler known for making anti-Semitic slurs
- Rev. Al
Sharpten,
Democrat activist and perennial candidate and race hustler known
inciting anti-Semitic violence in New York City
- Sen. Ernest
Hollings,
leading Democrat Senator known for use of racial slurs against
several minority groups
- Lee P. Brown, former Clinton cabinet
official and Democrat mayor of Houston who won reelection using racial
intimidation against Hispanic voters
- Andrew Cuomo, former Clinton
cabinet official and Democrat candidate for NY Governor who made racist
statements about a black opponent.
- Dan Rather, Democrat CBS news
anchor and editorialist known for using anti-black racial epithets on a national
radio broadcast
- Donna Brazile,former Gore campaign manager
known for making anti-white racial attacks. Brazile has also worked for Jackson,
Gephardt, and Michael Dukakis
The simple truth is that the Democrat Party's history during this century is
one closely aligned to bigotry in a record stemming largely out of the liberal
New Deal era up until the modern day. Bigots are at the center of the Democrat
party's current leadership and role models. And in a striking display of
hypocrisy, many of the same Democrats who dishonestly shout accusations of
"bigotry" at conservatives are practicing bigots of the most disgusting and
disreputable kind themselves

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:44 pm

Those who remember history know that the Progressives used to be the Republicans, since then the roles have reversed. Look up Robert La Follette for a little Progressive history. His wife Belle was also involved with the Progressives.

EDIT to add: Also look up what the Democrats did in New York state after the Triangle Shirtwaist fire. Because of this fire many new workers' safety laws were introduced. These same laws later became federal laws under FDR.

Last edited by JaneWI on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:SJ, but did you throw up? lol.
nope...I never did, thank goodness

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:45 pm

k i'm done..... Suspect Very Happy

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:46 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:k i'm done..... Suspect Very Happy
Y?

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:49 pm

JaneWI wrote:Those who remember history know that the Progressives used to be the Republicans, since then the roles have reversed. Look up Robert La Follette for a little Progressive history. His wife Belle was also involved with the Progressives.

i started threads about ....progessives , republicans and democratic history , yesterday ... and he was mentioned in it .... i have no problem with any of them , as long as they treat this country and it's people right!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next