Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

+11
nuttin2lose
UPCHITCREEK
truth
X
stansmad
disgustedwithgovt
requete'
RanBrow123
Kathy
unemployed2long/1208
concernedinKY
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by JaneWI Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:52 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:
JaneWI wrote:Those who remember history know that the Progressives used to be the Republicans, since then the roles have reversed. Look up Robert La Follette for a little Progressive history. His wife Belle was also involved with the Progressives.

i started threads about ....progessives , republicans and democratic history , yesterday ... and he was mentioned in it .... i have no problem with any of them , as long as they treat this country and it's people right!

My thoughts exactly and I enjoyed your the threads you started. Smile I'm especially fond of bringing up La Follette because he is a WI legend. It's good to learn about progressives coming from WI.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 Empty Re: Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:55 pm

i will not vote for OBAMA , you might as well vote for a microphone cause that's all he knows how to use oh lets not forget the camera's for the photo ops! might as well vote for a box of rocks or Mexican jumping beans , you'll at least know what your getting!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:59 pm

JaneWI wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:
JaneWI wrote:Those who remember history know that the Progressives used to be the Republicans, since then the roles have reversed. Look up Robert La Follette for a little Progressive history. His wife Belle was also involved with the Progressives.

i started threads about ....progessives , republicans and democratic history , yesterday ... and he was mentioned in it .... i have no problem with any of them , as long as they treat this country and it's people right!

My thoughts exactly and I enjoyed your the threads you started. Smile I'm especially fond of bringing up La Follette because he is a WI legend. It's good to learn about progressives coming from WI.

well a lot of people didnt see them i guess , you and elvis are the only one's to post to the threads , anyone out there feel free to add to them it's just history , we all need to learn so we dont repeat the bad parts.

Last edited by UPCHITCREEK on Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:00 pm

Sj wrote:
stansmad wrote:Get into any discussion about Obama and it becomes clear as the day. If you do not agree with him or his policies you are one of the following = Right wing wacko, FOX news fanatic, teabagger, racist, "hypnotized" by Beck, Limbaugh, Oreilly etc. Please come up with some new excuses, as these are wore out already ! Dear Tara, I find it much easier to type in caps most of the time as I have had triple bypass surgery and the feeling in my left fingers has not returned as they said it would. Wasn't aware it was a crime to type this way, SORRY ! I will try to satisfy other posters and type according to your way, it will just be slower. Very typical liberal, if people don't agree with you they must be idiots, right ?
Hi Stansmad, sorry to hear about your health issues also, apparently typing in all CAPS is considered SCREAMING, or YELLING in the online etiquette definitions....
http://www.netmanners.com/email-etiquette/caps-formatting-dont-matter/
..... since this is something you do as a result of your disability, people understand, but you could just as easily type in all lower case, right?
Geesh ! is it really that important ? We have a hell of a lot more to worry about than this trivial BS don't we ? Seems to me WHAT a person is saying is much more important than how it is typed ! As Belushi would say.............. WELL, EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME !
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

I didn't see these threads, What section are they in?
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm

stansmad wrote:
Sj wrote:
stansmad wrote:Get into any discussion about Obama and it becomes clear as the day. If you do not agree with him or his policies you are one of the following = Right wing wacko, FOX news fanatic, teabagger, racist, "hypnotized" by Beck, Limbaugh, Oreilly etc. Please come up with some new excuses, as these are wore out already ! Dear Tara, I find it much easier to type in caps most of the time as I have had triple bypass surgery and the feeling in my left fingers has not returned as they said it would. Wasn't aware it was a crime to type this way, SORRY ! I will try to satisfy other posters and type according to your way, it will just be slower. Very typical liberal, if people don't agree with you they must be idiots, right ?
Hi Stansmad, sorry to hear about your health issues also, apparently typing in all CAPS is considered SCREAMING, or YELLING in the online etiquette definitions....
..... since this is something you do as a result of your disability, people understand, but you could just as easily type in all lower case, right?
Geesh ! is it really that important ? We have a hell of a lot more to worry about than this trivial BS don't we ? Seems to me WHAT a person is saying is much more important than how it is typed ! As Belushi would say.............. WELL, EXCUUUUUUUUUSE ME !
EXACTLY

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:09 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:I didn't see these threads, What section are they in?

just search ....republican party or progressive party or democratic party..... just add ....a little history, to the end of each

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:15 pm

stansmad wrote:
Sj wrote:
Stansmad...you took this completely the wrong way...please understand, I was pointing out that while communicating via keyboard of the internet, people think that ALL CAPS MEANS SOMETHING .....and it is not important to me...at ALL

Back to top Go down

Post by new_wave_princess Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:17 pm

I found the blogs and they are very informative. I'll read them later.
new_wave_princess
new_wave_princess
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:20 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
stansmad wrote:
Sj wrote:
EXACTLY
EXACTLY what Nuttin? what a coked up dead actor would say? or what you have to say?

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:22 pm

new_wave_princess wrote:I found the blogs and they are very informative. I'll read them later.

i bumped them all up good reads on all of them

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:24 pm

Sj wrote:
stansmad wrote:
Sj wrote:
Stansmad...you took this completely the wrong way...please understand, I was pointing out that while communicating via keyboard of the internet, people think that ALL CAPS MEANS SOMETHING .....and it is not important to me...at ALL

Yeah, I agree. If you want to type in caps and insist its your disability that causes you to do it when its just as easy to type in lower case, who cares? Its the snide remarks, I don't like.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:49 pm

truth wrote:
Tara wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:
RanBrow123 wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:better yet RAN , how bout this , every election put a new face in ,vote democrat , vote republican, that way, they will all know it's one term then bye-bye!

I don't think this will achieve the ultimate goal of being able to vote on issues that matter to us. That is to say, with this idea, we have to vote people out indefinitely, whereas I would prefer it if we only had to vote people out until the special interests decided it was no longer worth "investing," and then take our country back. Not to mention this strategy is too indiscriminate in that it also punishes the rare politician who hasn't been bought, and we definitely want to keep politicians who aren't bought.

Agreed , but it requires research on each one .... if they are doing whats best for America and it's people then ok , but right now all i see from both sides is vote me back in i'm not rich enough yet, i'll promise you the moon but i have no intentions of giving it to you .

Unfortunately, I believe alot of people did exactly that in 2010. They were fed up with the economy, blamed the Democrats and voted in a bunch of Republicans who are way conservative. They're paying the price right now for their folly.

There are lots of fresh faces in the House. What have they given us? A budget that will decimate Medicaid and voucherize Medicare for everyone who is under 55, while HR 589 gathers cobwebs in a GOP-dominated committee. They are now even reviving the failed Bush plot to privatize Social Security. I think that all three of those endangered programs may be badly needed, down the road, by a whole lot of those of us who are unemployed (assuming we survive this Great Recession - anyone think that we would have received anything close to 99 weeks with McCain/Pallin and a GOP Conress?).

Besides their attempts to further tear the already inadequate safety net, the new faces in the House and Senate promised that their focus would be upon jobs, jobs, jobs. Instead, they worry about big isssues like NPR and Planned Parenthood. The faces may be new, but the ideology is the same old trickle-down, anti-safety net, pro-corporate, further enrich the already ultra rich, to He// with everyone else, extreme right-wing social engineering (thanks, Newt) agenda that dominates the current GOP. I think that Senators Snowe and Collins are the last two major GOP politicians who come close to even the center-right.

Yes, I agree with you. The worse the economy gets the more we'll need social safety nets.

I think the mantra that both parties are the same was put out there by Conservatives (because that's who says it the most)to fill people with apathy so they won't show up at the polls. Its much easier to keep us away than it is to convince us that their conservative ideologies are good for the poor, the elderly and the unemployed.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm

EXACTLY what Nuttin? what a coked up dead actor would say? or what you have to say?[/quote] Guess the way you look at it it s both the same hun poor little RICH girl with your Mercedes. (Edited out by Jane with nuttin's permission) just remember this is cyberwolrd, and people forward e mails!!

Last edited by JaneWI on Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removed a few words)

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:03 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
EXACTLY what Nuttin? what a coked up dead actor would say? or what you have to say?
Guess the way you look at it it s both the same hun poor little RICH girl with your Mercedes. You wanna throw down too, just remember this is cyberwolrd, and people forward e mails!![/quote]

Mercedes? huh? rich girl? huh? what the heck are you talking about? OMG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:04 pm

People forward emails lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:
JaneWI wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:

well a lot of people didnt see them i guess , you and elvis are the only one's to post to the threads , anyone out there feel free to add to them it's just history , we all need to learn so we dont repeat the bad parts.

I read the histories written by the man from California, but I didn't feel any need to comment. They seemed to be very fair summaries of the histories of the three parties. Yes, history is important. At the same time, I am vitally affected by the parties as they stand today. On issue after issue the differences today are stark. There is one party that clearly represents my values on virtually all these issues, aid for the unemployed and job creation being the most immediate, bread and butter, critical issues for me. Are that party and its leaders perfect? Not by a long shot, but there is no viable third party, and if I didn't vote, I would be turning my back on my values.

Last edited by truth on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 2 times in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:06 pm

Tara wrote:
truth wrote:
Tara wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:
RanBrow123 wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:better yet RAN , how bout this , every election put a new face in ,vote democrat , vote republican, that way, they will all know it's one term then bye-bye!

I don't think this will achieve the ultimate goal of being able to vote on issues that matter to us. That is to say, with this idea, we have to vote people out indefinitely, whereas I would prefer it if we only had to vote people out until the special interests decided it was no longer worth "investing," and then take our country back. Not to mention this strategy is too indiscriminate in that it also punishes the rare politician who hasn't been bought, and we definitely want to keep politicians who aren't bought.

Agreed , but it requires research on each one .... if they are doing whats best for America and it's people then ok , but right now all i see from both sides is vote me back in i'm not rich enough yet, i'll promise you the moon but i have no intentions of giving it to you .

Unfortunately, I believe alot of people did exactly that in 2010. They were fed up with the economy, blamed the Democrats and voted in a bunch of Republicans who are way conservative. They're paying the price right now for their folly.

There are lots of fresh faces in the House. What have they given us? A budget that will decimate Medicaid and voucherize Medicare for everyone who is under 55, while HR 589 gathers cobwebs in a GOP-dominated committee. They are now even reviving the failed Bush plot to privatize Social Security. I think that all three of those endangered programs may be badly needed, down the road, by a whole lot of those of us who are unemployed (assuming we survive this Great Recession - anyone think that we would have received anything close to 99 weeks with McCain/Pallin and a GOP Conress?).

Besides their attempts to further tear the already inadequate safety net, the new faces in the House and Senate promised that their focus would be upon jobs, jobs, jobs. Instead, they worry about big isssues like NPR and Planned Parenthood. The faces may be new, but the ideology is the same old trickle-down, anti-safety net, pro-corporate, further enrich the already ultra rich, to He// with everyone else, extreme right-wing social engineering (thanks, Newt) agenda that dominates the current GOP. I think that Senators Snowe and Collins are the last two major GOP politicians who come close to even the center-right.

Yes, I agree with you. The worse the economy gets the more we'll need social safety nets.

I think the mantra that both parties are the same was put out there by Conservatives (because that's who says it the most)to fill people with apathy so they won't show up at the polls. Its much easier to keep us away than it is to convince us that their conservative ideologies are good for the poor, the elderly and the unemployed.

X2

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:18 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
Guess the way you look at it it s both the same hun poor little RICH girl with your Mercedes. You wanna throw down too, just remember this is cyberwolrd, and people forward e mails!![/quote]

Ya know the more I think about this, you are threatening me, with some kind of shared information, why are you threatening me nuttin? I never threaten you
not to hurt your feelings, but these people that you claim forward emails, have made hurtful comments about you to me also. So, nothing they say will hurt me, it could hurt you

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:29 pm

They may have made comments bout me, but yours are bout others ??

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by knarf Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:36 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:They may have made comments bout me, but yours are bout others ??

Nutty, I love ya, but send your whatever through a PM please! No one needs to see or read this.

knarf
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:40 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:They may have made comments bout me, but yours are bout others ??
Nuttin, all of this email fighting ended with UFF, you may think you have some gem of a secret but everyone I communicate with even the forum founder knows what was said. So you are actually re-stirring the pot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:09 pm

knarf wrote:

Nutty, I love ya, but send your whatever through a PM please! No one needs to see or read this.

Why is this all of a sudden bothering people today? He's been attacking me for awhile now. Ever since I brought up Need2beworking. Why do all of you protect her anyway? If you got all the crazy things she's said and done out in the open, you'd be free of her. I get that some of you were pretty close to her and part of the clique, but this just keeps going on and on.

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:15 pm

Tara Ive played several selections for you and others on the music thread please join me??

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:17 pm

OK, guys, let's get back to the original discussion. All the hints and innuendos need to stop now. None of this is constructive and creates friction between the members. No two people agree on everything and good debates can start because people see things differently.

However, this thread has transformed into one about making disparaging comments about others and isn't evenly remotely on topic. While I'm not a stickler for keeping discussion threads on topic, I insist they not become a fighting match between members.

I'll say this again, we can all agree to disagree on many topics, but we are all in this together and need to work together.

Less than 50% say Obama should be re-elected.   - Page 4 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next