Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama Cspan_live_play-1

Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama

4 posters

Go down

Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama Empty Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama

Post by gigichicago Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:52 pm

"Senior Senate Democrats are growing frustrated by what they see as President Obama’s passivity on the economy, and are beginning to discuss a large infrastructure package funded by tax increases.

Some Democrats, such as Iowa Sen. Tom Harkin, who serves as chairman of the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, think such a package could lower the unemployment rate by as much as two percentage points."

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/165731-do-more-on-jobs-dems-tell-obama
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama Empty Re: Do More on Jobs, Dems Tell Obama

Post by requete' Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes, he needs to do more. But, is He listening ? And, at some point in time we will have to raise taxes, like it or not! We have a Revenue problem, not a Spending problem. Congress has everything bassackwards, Give to the rich and rob from the poor. Tax breaks for the Rich and Businesses, while taking entitlements away from the poor and senior citizens. Do as I say, not as I do! If you "bless' the Rich, benefits will trickle down to the Poor. Were did we go wrong? The answer lies in one word-Greed!
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Obama is aware and has been the Repulicans in the House of reps are the ones that stop everything.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 am

It's true that it's the fault of Americans who didn't vote in Nov. 2010. Along with the ones who went but voted for the Tea-Monsters. There were even teachers in WI who voted for Walker. Boy are they sorry now.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:04 am

yea its sick I watched CSPAN for about 3 weeks and I was like WTF are they doing. But then I saw what, the news said something totally different than what I saw happen in the House of Reps.

They were arguing about US OIL production and it was low and thats why gas prices were so high. A Democrat got up and showed them a graph, showing US oil production is way higher than anytime Bush was in Office . After seeing the Graph the republican started the same argument again like he didn't even see it . He screamed about how they were hurting jobs and bla bla. When the jobs report came the same republican asked about the US OIL industry JOBs numbers, LMAO THey are the lowest they have been in 20 years at 3%.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down