Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic. The bill is still alive, promise, CiK)

+13
js123
Jen
child of the King
Angelika
wowwhathappen
stilllooking
Feyth
Phillymg
mrgolf
unemployed2long/1208
doreenb
msanonymous222
steveninspokane
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 Empty Re: 99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic. The bill is still alive, promise, CiK)

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:27 am

steveninspokane wrote:All these familiar names, it doesn't even feel like I am on a different forum. Except for my lack of a post count.
Just about all of the active posters are back
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 Empty Re: 99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic. The bill is still alive, promise, CiK)

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:31 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:
mrgolf wrote:
unemployed2long/1208 wrote:don't understand!1 Is 589 dead now??? OR what is going on with it!
1208 was this your old avatar on U-F?

Of the 300 I have had, Grandpa was one for a long time!
I like it!
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stilllooking Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:40 am

C-Span- House still talking about amendments.
Blah, Blah, Blah
stilllooking
stilllooking
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Taking care of my dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:21 am

stilllooking wrote:C-Span- House still talking about amendments.
Blah, Blah, Blah
I'm sorry but I just can't handle seeing Congress "in action."
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by steveninspokane Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:28 pm

If you want to call that action. Razz

But yeah, I just can't watch them either, I think it was Bernie Sanders 11 hour run down on social security that ruined it for me.
steveninspokane
steveninspokane
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 pm

kemcha wrote:Thanks, mrgolf. While my posts at the old site may have been a little negative, I promise you guys that my contribution here will be a bit on the positive side here.
I'm looking forward to contributing to the new site, provided my time can be appropriately divided between managing my own website and community as well as my contributions to the Huffington Post community.

welcome, kemcha! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:39 pm

Heh, Heh!!! Thanks. I'll be around, sporadically. While I have my own website that I manage for the anime and manga online community, I've decided to start an unemployment advocacy community that will work with you guys here in helping everyone get more information regarding unemployment extensions in Congress. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:49 pm

if this bill is alive......where is it?

I do not see any movement at all.....someone have any updates on it

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:07 pm

Maybe Greg or Mike from the American 99ers Union can check in and let us know if there is anything happening
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:13 pm

mrgolf wrote:Maybe Greg or Mike from the American 99ers Union can check in and let us know if there is anything happening

i have never been this depressed in my life...........
everyday that goes by, i can not understand this country....how we all can be out of work is beyond me.

i wonder if this bill will every see the light.......

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Don't know if there's any movement with congress out this week.

Maybe the W&MC is working diligently behind the screen with Oz. Twisted Evil
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:33 pm

I checked on HR589 on congress.org. It's in the 'hot bills' category but I don't know what it takes to get there. Someone else might know more about that than I do.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:35 pm

wowwhathappen wrote:
mrgolf wrote:Maybe Greg or Mike from the American 99ers Union can check in and let us know if there is anything happening

everyday that goes by, i can not understand this country....how we all can be out of work is beyond me.

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 443306
I know exactly how you feel.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:36 pm

Jen wrote:
wowwhathappen wrote:

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 443306

I am feeling the same today also.

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Jen wrote:
wowwhathappen wrote:

The thing that bothers me is that the media doesnt even know we exist, and all the white house keeps saying is how great the economy is doing. How do we make our voices heard???

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:07 pm

Guess until next week we MAY find out a little more! But I am not too optimistic with G or Lee and their silence after the big press conference and now silence. even though its in committee if it is at all! They could at least keep folks apprised to their plans and moves as to how they are going to counter any opposition and also their plans to gather more steam and rep. supporters. If they do not continue to communicate then I grow very concerned and doubtful. After this is the exact path Stabenow took! So I do not want history repeating itself. And hope also no one is offended with my view.. If others have different views then state them and if they are more positive then post them and I may have something new to alter my less than positive feelings. But this is how I feel...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:11 pm

I think they know all about us. They just choose to ignore us.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:28 pm

doreenb wrote:[
The thing that bothers me is that the media doesnt even know we exist, and all the white house keeps saying is how great the economy is doing. How do we make our voices heard???
You just have to keep getting your story out there. Send your story to your local media. Call talk radio.

pdsnickels has an excellent media packet. He has gotten the unemployed/99ers worldwide media coverage. The demo on Wall Street even got mentioned on the Glenn Beck Show. (Believe it or not, it wasn't that positive. Very Happy )

Send pdsnickels (co-founder of UWAG & American 99ers Union) your story.

99ers HR 589 Unemployment Legislation Shot Down In Flames (only not really so much, so make sure you read before you panic.  The bill is still alive, promise, CiK) - Page 2 99er%20logo.jpg2
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:54 pm

laramel wrote:I think they know all about us. They just choose to ignore us.

X2

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:21 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:

X2
X3
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:17 am

In every email and fax I send I remind them that we are watching closely and that we will remember who helps move HR589 forward and who hinders it. Then I point out that we still have our vote and voices to speak out ,though very little else.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:21 am

mrgolf wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:

X2
X3

No question they know who we are just we are not a threat to them, so you are correct, they ignore us. Easier to do that than try to pass an unpopular bill right now. No easy answer but we should keep fighting nonetheless!

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:08 am

The republicans want to crush the poor and middle class, I don't think H.R. 589 has a chance. Republicans see the unemployed, 99ers, as a wad of gum under their shoes. They want to ignore us but they can't get rid of us. We will be growing in the numbers as time goes by. Without monetary and strong leaders to stand up for us, we are doomed. Mad
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:17 am

js123 wrote:The republicans want to crush the poor and middle class, I don't think H.R. 589 has a chance. Republicans see the unemployed, 99ers, as a wad of gum under their shoes. They want to ignore us but they can't get rid of us. We will be growing in the numbers as time goes by. Without monetary and strong leaders to stand up for us, we are doomed. Mad

Perfect, the gum campaign, enough tossed out and keeps sticking on their shoes, they will want to get rid of the problem. I like it!

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:41 am

Phillymg wrote:
kemcha wrote:I think the problem everyone is facing is that while the bill is in committee that it may be nearly impossible to get it out of committee because the Republican in charge of the committee is said to be against any and all unemployment extensions.
In his own words.....the Chairman of the House Ways & Means Committee Rep. Dave Camp has expressed full support for federal unemployment benefits so long as they are paid for.

http://camp.house.gov/News/DocumentSingle.aspx?DocumentID=192748

I am puzzled by this statement on the part of Rep. Camp: " I urge my colleagues to oppose this deficit extending bill today, so we can bring up a real bill that allows us to pass and actually pay for these benefits for the long-term unemployed."

What stopped him and the rest of the Republican Representatives from bringing up their own paid-for bill for exhaustees? The Republicans are now are in the clear majority. Their bill could have been out of Committee and passed in a day I would think.

Yes. Id' like to see a "real bill", one that ties extensions to the unemployment rate. A 14 week extension is barely "real", although better than nothing for people on the verge of ruin.

Something doesn't add up. Rep. Camp's excuse might have sounded sincere when he was in the minority, but I think he's forgetting that he and his fellow Republicans are now running the House. Am I wrong? Where is THEIR bill?

Of course, he had no problem approving the budget-busting tax extensions. Why weren't they offset if he is so concerned with the deficit?

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next