Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Middle East Revolutions

+12
Sovereign
L.J.
kman
Riled American
Patriot
MaryKayCoyne
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Jen
mrgolf
concernedinKY
Phillymg
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 Empty Re: Middle East Revolutions

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Right MaryKayCoyne: None of us know the ins and outs, we only know what is being fed to us by the media and sometimes thats a dangerous precedent as we found out leading up to the invasion in Iraq. I just want OUR govt to do the right thing by her OWN people here, Egypt will not disappear or be devoured by some green-headed monster. It just pisses me off to see the TRILLIONS of dollars the USA sends to these country especially at this given time of year #3 of this recession and sky-high joblessness AND homelessness! I wonder how those living in cardboard boxes underneath a viaduct in somewhere USA feel about the $$$$ sent and spent. President Obama walked in a minefield and he hasn't a clue to this day which way to turn, sad to say that buts it true IMO!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:I had to reveal my idenity with my new log on name because many guessed anyway! I did that to avoid the "Oh no! Here's 1208 again! I'll do my best to control the rants and negitivity but yet reserve the right to post what I feel are honest evaluations and also my realities that I try to keep to keep my hopes and expectations from going too far in either direction!
We wouldn't expect anything less Very Happy
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:59 pm

Yes it is hypocritical but nobody wants to go on LIVE tv and say that. Last week's Sunday morning talkfest was a joke because its as if everything is going "swimmingly well" in America with LOW unemployment and a JOB available for anyone who needs one and the sky is blue w/o a cloud in the sky. Its a friggin fairy tale!!!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:13 pm

elvis44102 wrote:The revolution will not be televised (at least completly)

But will be covered by Facebook and twitter.

Incidently it takes money to finance software develoment, and there are several Annonymous web browsers that are freely available to the public.
Rumor has it that those software developers are at least recieving some money from OUR CIA/NSA?Central banking spy fraternity.....Interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGaRtqrlGy8&feature=player_embedded

I caught the tail end of a report that the Pres is going to have control over the i-net and could possibly shut it down as it's been done in other countries. Has anyone heard anything about this?
Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 618340
Riled American
Riled American
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:48 pm

Mycountrytisofthee wrote:
Don't believe there's a conspiracy to hide 'the unemployment ##s'.....at least not a *new* one.....since the BLS has been using the same methods for decades. Still think that whatever 'hiding' methods they're using for U3/U6 & the Nonfarm Payrolls is basically the same methods as the govt has always used.

Can you hang on for a few minutes while I get my boxing gloves? Smile
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm

mrgolf wrote:
Don't believe there's a conspiracy to hide 'the unemployment ##s'.....at least not a *new* one.....since the BLS has been using the same methods for decades. Still think that whatever 'hiding' methods they're using for U3/U6 & the Nonfarm Payrolls is basically the same methods as the govt has always used.
Middle East Revolutions - Page 2 630201

But seriously are people saying that Obama suddenly started doing something that the other Presidents hadn't done before as well??

In any case the *big* problem is the lack of a ## of the exhaustees/99ers when the fed govt could *easily* provide that ##.....will let everybody know what NELP says in reply to my email requesting them to post their report.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:56 pm

mrgolf wrote:

lol!
We're probably going to need to make a thread about the HP article about the NELP report or something like that since we keep talking about this on this thread. I know it was my fault for bringing it up on this thread. jocolor lol!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:57 pm

DONE--IT'S UNDER THE 'NEWS' SECTION.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm

Back to the thread topic--

If anyone remembers the protesters chanting 'the Army & the People are One.'

Aljazeera reported earlier today.....about 300 police & their supporters tried to come into Tahrir square chanting 'the Police & the People are One'.....but thousands of Egyptians booed them forcing them to retreat from the square.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:21 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:My son and I were talking about that today and I told him I thought we would see that kind of protest here this year. My son who is a veteran of afghanistan told me we will not be allowed to do that here-the military would be sent in to clear the area and people would be arrested.
I told him that people who have not had jobs for 2 years have little else to lose and just might be willing to go to jail...............................at least jail has free food

Can I set up my laptop in my cell? LOL
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Phillymg wrote:Back to the thread topic--

If anyone remembers the protesters chanting 'the Army & the People are One.'

Aljazeera reported earlier today.....about 300 police & their supporters tried to come into Tahrir square chanting 'the Police & the People are One'.....but thousands of Egyptians booed them forcing them to retreat from the square.....

The 300 police should have chanted.....

'The Secret Police & the Torture Devices Are One'!!

affraid

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:24 pm

The constitution (for what it was worth) and the Parliment have been suspended for 6 months.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Interesting to see how it all plays out in the coming weeks but my concern is HR 589 and this country's economic crisis. I also sure could use some of that $2 BILLION that our country sends to Egypt every year, just imagine the thousands & thousands of mouths and housing that could be given to the 99ers and the unemployed in general.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:57 pm

I think like the Iraqis the Egyptians will be remembering an American saying "Be careful what you wish for". I do wish them the best but its a country without a country. Now back to sending those faxes to OUR leadership (aggghhh) in Congress.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:43 am

Patriot wrote:Interesting to see how it all plays out in the coming weeks but my concern is HR 589 and this country's economic crisis. I also sure could use some of that $2 BILLION that our country sends to Egypt every year, just imagine the thousands & thousands of mouths and housing that could be given to the 99ers and the unemployed in general.
Heard on several different TV channels that the $1.3 billion Egypt gets a year is approved a couple of years in advance.....so the $$ is already in the pipeline & even if Congress passed a bill today stopping the aid it wouldn't take effect for 2 years. On top of that Egypt uses almost all of the $$ to buy military equipment from factories in the US so basically we give them the $$ & then we get it back from them. Cutting off the aid would mean losing more American jobs.

How about ending the tax breaks corporations get when they outsource/offshore US jobs to China & India?? Since 2004 that's amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars.

Just sayin.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:30 am

From what I have read it has been going on for 30 years with billions sent for their military in Egypt including weaponry, reminds me of the USA relationship with Iraq during that time with the same BILLIONS of dollars sent and spent on weaponry,military, etc etc etc. Whether the price-tag is $1.5 Billion or sent in advance whatever, its can be better spent here in America especially at this time of economic strife. Just look at the social service programs that they are proposing to cut i.e. Food Stamps, WIC, LIHEAP, Social Security, etc. Here is a good article that puts it in perspective about these $$$$$ going to countries for heaven knows what!

http://www.businessinsider.com/everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2-billion-that-america-gives-to-egypt-each-year-2011-2

Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:54 am

Totally see what you're saying Patriot.

Tho it seems to me if we're gonna cut something it should be something that doesn't create *JOBS* since that would be imo counterproductive.

Also why especially cutting off aid to Egypt?? Of all the places that really need our continued help as they make their way to Democracy (as opposed for example to an Iran-style govt there) it's Egypt.

For example the US has been giving Israel $3 billion/year since 1985.

http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/mideast/RL33222.pdf

Like Egypt's aid alot of Israel's aid comes right back to us in the form of American jobs in military manufacturing plants.

Therefore the foreign aid question is quite complex. Here's data for foreign aid 2001-2006 where it went & for what.....

http://www.vaughns-1-pagers.com/politics/us-foreign-aid.htm

Rand Paul's idea is to completely eradicate every dollar of foreign aid.....but among the 100 senators & the 400+ house members he's *the only one* with that agenda. Unfortunately Rand Paul also opposes unemployment benefits, food stamps, TANF, & medicare. He & his Dad worship at the altar of the Free Market.....let corporations keep all the money & run everything.....that's their motto.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 am

I agree its complicated but the bottom-line IMO is to take care of the major problems at home because ALL those countries will be able to survive readily and better than those Americans displaced here at home. There is NO logic sending BILLIONS of dollars to pay off other countries to be our so-called allies and yet do what is being done to the millions of unemployed and disenfranchised people who want to be employed and contributing.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:21 am

Yup how about we cut this--

http://costofwar.com/en/

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:18 pm

Phillymg wrote:

How about ending the tax breaks corporations get when they outsource/offshore US jobs to China & India?? Since 2004 that's amounted to hundreds of billions of dollars.

Just sayin.....
Off topic but I agree
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by L.J. Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:39 pm

CBS Female Reporter was beaten and brutally raped. That's it, these degenerates can burn in hell. I do not care to read anymore about their new government, leader or their struggle for a free and independent society. They knew the reporter and her American crew were televising Mubarak's step down from power. Instead of embracing their moment to highlight their struggle with the reporter, they thought that beating the sh*&%t out of her and her news crew and gang raping her was a good way to call attention to their plight. They are scum.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/15/AR2011021505870.html

http://www.examiner.com/blogosphere-buzz-in-national/cbs-reporter-lara-logan-sexually-assaulted-and-brutally-raped-egypt-pics
L.J.
L.J.
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er-Trust No One...Completely.

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:48 pm

L.J. wrote:CBS Female Reporter was beaten and brutally raped. That's it, these degenerates can burn in hell. I do not care to read anymore about their new government, leader or their struggle for a free and independent society. They knew the reporter and her American crew were televising Mubarak's step down from power. Instead of embracing their moment to highlight their struggle with the reporter, they thought that beating the sh*&%t out of her and her news crew and gang raping her was a good way to call attention to their plight. They are scum.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/15/AR2011021505870.html

[url=http://www.examiner.com/blogosphere-buzz-in-national/cbs-reporter-lara-logan-sexually-assaulted-and-brutally-raped-egypt-pics
http://www.examiner.com/blogosphere-buzz-in-national/cbs-reporter-lara-logan-sexually-assaulted-and-brutally-raped-egypt-pics[/quote[/url]]

I think so too - I heard that story on the new at 6 EST.
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:09 pm

Clashes Rock Bahraini Capital--

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2011/02/201121714223324820.html

It seems to be a replay of the early days of the Revolution in Egypt. The govt attacked sleeping protesters in the night. Soldiers beat up doctors helping the injured.

Govt crackdown underway in Libya as well--

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/africa/2011/02/201121755057219793.html

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:08 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/02/16/501364/main20032183.shtml

Navy's 5th Fleet in Bahrain Eyes Unrest Warily

Their presence is central to a longstanding U.S. commitment to ensuring the free flow of oil through the Gulf, while keeping an eye on a hostile Iran and seeking to deter piracy in the region.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:50 am

Huge demo in Egypt. Army asked that the people not to come but they came anyway. All peaceful
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next