Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Cspan_live_play-1

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED

+7
Jen
doreenb
concernedinKY
kman
Patriot
JaneWI
Carol in CA
11 posters

Go down

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Empty ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED

Post by Carol in CA Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:17 am

For Immediate Release:
Unemployed Workers Action Group (UWAG)

RE: H.R. 589

[b]
[size=16]
Monday, March 7, 2011
[size=16]
ATTENTION ALL 99ers! URGENT ACTION NEEDED
THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION EXPANSION ACT
[/size]
[size=21]
Call For Co-Sponsors

This bill now has 73 Co-Sponsors, all Democrats so far.
The Republicans are in the majority in the House.
Therefore it is essential that we get Republicans to also Co-Sponsor and support this bill.

We need 99ers to phone, fax, email or visit your representative in person and urge them to support this bill. (Find your Representative's Contact info by clicking here.)

This bill must pass in the House before it goes to the Senate.
Also it is very important that we all contact Speaker Boehner and encourage him to pass this bill:
[/size]
[b]Email Speaker of the House John Boehner
Phone 202-225-0600
Fax 202-225-5117

All the info you need is posted at the American 99ers Union web site. When writing, calling, or faxing, please tell them you are a member of the American 99ers Union!
[/b]
[b][/b]
[b]This helps show that we are organized behind One organization.
[/b]

Also, please support H.R. 589 by going to POPVOX and clicking on ENDORSE.

Thank you for taking the time to support this bill to help 99ers while at the same time stimulating the economy back to health!

[b][/b][/size]
[/b]

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Empty Re: ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED

Post by Carol in CA Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:35 am

Something is wrong with the editing capabilities here.
Everytime I try to post this ATTENTION ALL 99ers! URGENT ACTION NEEDED, message it comes out in HTLM code.
I can't seem to remove the code.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED Empty Re: ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED

Post by JaneWI Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:34 am

For Immediate Release:

RE: H. R. 589

Monday, March 7, 2011
THE EMERGENCY UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION EXPANSION ACTCall For Co-Sponsors
Therefore it is essential that we get Republicans to also Co-Sponsor and support this bill.

We need 99ers to phone, fax, email or visit your representative in person and urge them to support this bill. (Find your Representative's Contact info by clicking

Also it is very important that we all contact Speaker Boehner and encourage him to pass this bill:

Email Speaker of the House John Boehner
Phone 202-225-0600
Fax 202-225-5117

All the info you need is posted at the American 99ers Union web site.
When writing, calling, or faxing, please tell them you are a member of the American 99ers Union!

This helps show that we are organized behind One organization.

Thank you for taking the time to support this bill to help 99ers while at the same time stimulating the economy back to health!

BUMP
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:37 am

""By trying to destroy us corporate America has given birth to a movement -- a movement that is becoming a massive, nonviolent revolt across the country" STRONG ARTICLE allnet - - http://tinyurl.com/4e9enf5
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 am

JaneWI: I saw this generic letter posted a couple of days ago and its been on various website to use regarding HR 589 and HR 870: I have used it several times so far.

Dear ----- -------

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Your colleague Representative Conyers recently introduced H.R. 870, the Humphrey-Hawkins 21st Century Full Employment & Training Act. Combined with H.R. 589 to provide temporary financial relief for those who have exhausted benefits until H.R. 870 can be implemented it is simply the right thing to do, both for the economy and for millions of Americans unable to find work in it.

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 am

Patriot wrote:JaneWI: I saw this generic letter posted a couple of days ago and its been on various website to use regarding HR 589 and HR 870: I have used it several times so far.

Dear ----- -------

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Your colleague Representative Conyers recently introduced H.R. 870, the Humphrey-Hawkins 21st Century Full Employment & Training Act. Combined with H.R. 589 to provide temporary financial relief for those who have exhausted benefits until H.R. 870 can be implemented it is simply the right thing to do, both for the economy and for millions of Americans unable to find work in it.

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here

FYI - I believe our admin, CIK, drafted this letter, right?
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:08 am

kman wrote:
Patriot wrote:JaneWI: I saw this generic letter posted a couple of days ago and its been on various website to use regarding HR 589 and HR 870: I have used it several times so far.

Dear ----- -------

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here

FYI - I believe our admin, CIK, drafted this letter, right?

I believe cik drafted the letter. It's a good one! cik really does have a way with wording.

Last edited by JaneWI on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : putting my comment in the correct spot.)
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 am

That is my letter. Only not my letter, it's ours! Smile Use it and abuse it, edit as you see fit.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:26 am

Great Letter! Ive been emailing this all morning!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 pm

bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:22 pm

https://dawu.forumotion.com/t851-advocacy-letter-contacts#18579 (It's now a global announcement so it's easy to find.)

Dear ----- -------

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Your colleague, Representative Conyers, recently introduced H.R.870, the Humphrey-Hawkins 21st Century Full Employment & Training Act for consideration. Combining H.R.589, The Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2011, with H.R.870 to provide temporary financial relief for those who have exhausted benefits until H.R.870 can be implemented it is simply the right thing to do, both for the economy and for millions of Americans unable to find work in it.

Respectfully,

Insert Name Here
An AMERICAN CITIZEN
American 99ers Union

Send to:

Ways and Means Committee

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

David Camp

http://camp.house.gov/ (Use the following address: 121 E FRONT ST STE 202, TRAVERSE CITY MI 49684-2500)

Oregon House Republicans (Because their state is working on extending benefits on a state level with bi-partisan support. Ask them to sign on at a national level as well.)

http://www.oregonhouserepublicans.org/members

John Boehner

SpeakerBoehner@mail.house.gov

Eric Cantor

http://cantor.house.gov/contact/ (Use the following address: 4201 DOMINION BLVD STE 10, GLEN ALLEN VA 23060-6743 )

Nancy Pelosi

https://pelosi.house.gov/contact/email-me.shtml (use the following address: 90 7TH ST STE 2800, SAN FRANCISCO CA 94103-6723)

Also be sure to contact your own representatives.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:26 pm

Yes!!! Im sending, please everyone help out!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Carol in CA Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 pm

JaneWI,

Thank you so much for reposting my announcement to the 99ers.
Now everyone can read it without the HTLM code messing it up.
I don't know what happened, but no matter what I tried last night everytime I tried to post my announcement I could not edit it to look right, it just kept going in the the code language.

Carol in CA
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:34 am

Carol in CA wrote:JaneWI,

Thank you so much for reposting my announcement to the 99ers.
Now everyone can read it without the HTLM code messing it up.
I don't know what happened, but no matter what I tried last night everytime I tried to post my announcement I could not edit it to look right, it just kept going in the the code language.

Thank you for the original post. Smile You should be the one to receive acknowledgement for finding the information. I only cleaned it up a little.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:57 pm

I really wish there was something we could do to force this to come out of committee and be brought to the House floor!

(I'm really in a bad way today and not sure if I should really be posting in this mood.)
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:01 pm

Im not getting any response from these Republicans!!!! We need to vote them all out of office in 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:03 pm

JaneWI wrote:For Immediate Release:

Monday, March 7, 2011

We need 99ers to phone, fax, email or visit your representative in person and urge them to support this bill. (Find your Representative's Contact info by clicking

Phone 202-225-0600
Fax 202-225-5117

When writing, calling, or faxing, please tell them you are a member of the American 99ers Union!

BUMP
ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED 987247
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Jen wrote:I really wish there was something we could do to force this to come out of committee and be brought to the House floor!

(I'm really in a bad way today and not sure if I should really be posting in this mood.)
Right there with ya Jen. Wish there was more I could say. ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED 91263

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:15 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
Jen wrote:I really wish there was something we could do to force this to come out of committee and be brought to the House floor!

Right there with ya Jen. Wish there was more I could say. ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED 91263

....and remember, easter break is coming.
Kenny Rogers said: know when to hold them...know when to fold them.......
we need to find work...this bill will never see day light to help us.

do what I did.....go work in a pizza shop, part time with a masters degree in biz and years of background running companies........
i do not lose hope.....get very ''down'' but never hope that i can turn my life around.
i have started a internet biz that needs some help with traffic
product is no problem
traffic is
but maybe i will meet some one here or hire some one to help drive traffic to my site while making pizzas part time for $8.00 an hour for 20 hours per week.

i gave up hope of help from our country
i paid plenty of taxes per year
for many years
worked since i was young
always worked.....had pride.......now, i have heart ache everyday because of limited money

i say to the senators and reps.......あなたの上院議員ねじ (Japanese)
lol......lol......lol......

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:17 pm

It's not hard to imagine what you are saying in your Japanese statement!

LOL
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:30 pm

Jen wrote:
JaneWI wrote:For Immediate Release:

Monday, March 7, 2011

Phone 202-225-0600
Fax 202-225-5117

BUMP
ATTENTION ALL 99ers URGENT ACTION NEEDED 987247
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pdsnickels Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:38 am

This is good news from Rep. Lee re HR 589. She is asking for a meeting with Boehner to discuss how to offset the cost and get this passed into law. I feel a little hope, here.
http://lee.house.gov/index.cfm?sectionid=57§iontree=35,57&itemid=2307
pdsnickels
pdsnickels
Valued Poster

http://uwag.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:28 pm

From Donalee
NEW PLAN: 99ers must implore HELP and bombard Speaker Boehner & media non-stop now - continuing until such a time as the 99ers bill (HR589) passes the House.

With the shenanigans in Wisconsin last night, it is easy for Americans to feel their wants and needs are insignificant in the wake of the greedy, corrupt politicians - but never fear: WE MUST FIGHT ON & FIGHT HARDER.

mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down