Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:15 pm

kemcha wrote:And they want to cut back on Social Security benefits despite the fact that they neglect to tell everyone that they were the ones who raided the Social Security funds in the first place.

My question is, when are they going to repay that money they originally took out of the fund?
probably as soon as they kill us off
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:16 pm

kjps12 wrote:
kemcha wrote:And they want to cut back on Social Security benefits despite the fact that they neglect to tell everyone that they were the ones who raided the Social Security funds in the first place.

My question is, when are they going to repay that money they originally took out of the fund?
probably as soon as they kill us off
Somebody can start a Social Security thread. There was one on the old UFF site that discussed the Social Security topic in depth.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:17 pm

kemcha wrote:Well, the strike has officially expanded into two other states: Ohio and Indiana. The media is describing this as an Egypt-styled protest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/17/dnc-expands-mobilization-protests-ohio-indiana_n_824743.html
cheers cheers cheers cheers
I might just have to go to Indianapolis job searching and check out downtown.
Our governor is another one that wants us all to die. He must be stopped!!

WASHINGTON -- Building on the momentum in Wisconsin, where tens of thousands of protesters
have turned out to oppose Republican Gov. Scott Walker's effort to
strip collective-bargaining rights from the state's public-employee
unions, President Barack Obama's campaign organization is mobilizing its
followers in Ohio and Indiana
, where similar measures are being
considered.

Here we go. Don't trust them. They are obviously there to co-opt the movement. The movements of the people ALWAYS get co-opted. I haven't heard Obama speaking out against these cuts or the busting of the unions. He's one of the biggest union busting president's ever. He is in on the whole plan with these Republicans!

Last edited by Jen on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:19 pm

That's their dream goal. Soon? The retirement age will be pushed back so far that nobody will be able to collect.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 pm

How do unemployed people go on strike?

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Strike, Protest ... it's all the same. It leads to same result.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:25 pm

kemcha wrote:That's their dream goal. Soon? The retirement age will be pushed back so far that nobody will be able to collect.
Please start a Social Security thread is my 2 cents worth. If you do I will post there the specific info on the planned changes to SS that will *not* push the age back so far that nobody will be able to collect. It's a reasonable plan & it's been in the works since 1986.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:27 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 6 204917 I agree, protesting is the only answer.
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:28 pm

Man, Phillymg, you are on it tonight. lol.

The same that gets me about this whole things is that even if the state of Wisconsin is broke, which is a temporary problem, why stop state workers bargaining powers forever? Why not freeze their pay or whatever or make some kind of temporary adjustments and then let them negotiate again when the state is in a better financial situation. But Walker wants to make sure they can never negotiate again. This is how you know that he is lying and just wants to break a union that didn't support him in his bid for election. The cops and firemen supported him and left them alone surprisingly.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:29 pm

For what its worth, I agree on protesting!

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:31 pm

Thanx LMF. I wish the Admins would merge the *Ohio* & *Wisconsin* threads. They're covering the exact same territory & it's unnecessarily duplicative.
No

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Phillymg wrote:Thanx LMF. I wish the Admins would merge the *Ohio* & *Wisconsin* threads. They're covering the exact same territory & it's unnecessarily duplicative.
No
I was just saying to my husband that we have been talking about OH on the WI and WI on the OH one. LOL! I'll merge.

Last edited by Jen on Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:39 pm

merged
If you think of a better title, tell me and I will change it. Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:42 pm

I would simply rename it as "Wisconsin/Ohio/Indiana Protest & Labor Strike"

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

kemcha wrote:I would simply rename it as "Wisconsin/Ohio/Indiana Labor Strike"
I thought that I had heard about NJ doing it too. I'm not sure.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:44 pm

You could simply just name it as ""The Wisconsin Protest & Labor Strike."" Or, what I originally said. Maybe "The Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana Labor Strike of 2011"

Back to top Go down

Post by zeke Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:47 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
zeke wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:
JaneWI wrote:
zeke wrote:Yeah! And when WI goes bankrupt , and all the paychecks bounce, kids are taught in lecture halls or home schooled with computer classes, those teachers can live right there in the streets where they protested! These are some of the same smug bastards who said 99 ers are lazy, go to McDonalds, etc. I find it amusing when it happens to me, tough Doo Doo, when it happens to them, I SHOULD CARE!?!?! After two years of unemployment, they will be happy if they can find a job...

Please read the following editorial. Some people are saying the budget crisis is being staged to take away the collective bargaining from public workers. If this passes in WI, then it could snowball to other states. If collective bargaining is taken away from public workers I don't see much of a future for collective bargaining in the private sector.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/editorial/article_61064e9a-27b0-5f28-b6d1-a57c8b2aaaf6.html

I agree Jane. This is obviously an attempt to break unions. The state of Wisconsin is not going broke, paychecks won't bounce. The governor is trying to tell state workers that if they don't leave their unions they could be laid off. It's a scare tactic to keep the working class in line. There is always some company man living by the company book who says "we should take the little that they offer or they might not give us anything".
The truth is that they can't run anything without us. What is the governor gonna do? Fire all the garbage men and pick up trash himself? Can he find enough scabs to cover all the people he would have to fire? I doubt it and if he did what would the quality be like? We have all the control we just have to remember how to take it. We need to forget 50 years of brainwashing from the company man. "The company has your best interest at heart", yeah right.
I don't know who the "we" you refer to is but I would love to take a state job in driving distance of my home. I would do it for 75% pay, 75% benefits. But I was laid off, its a "work at will " state, and I was out. My taxes went up 3% each year. My bills are the same.I have to leave my home and move 200 miles for work, trying to pay for 2 households until I retire or sell one. My schooling was horrible, I abhor teachers. Most of the state DNR people I deal with are self righteous douche bags. These are MY PERSONAL FEELINGS, I would love to see some firings. If these state people call in sick, protest in the street, and take sick pay, that is stealing and should be punished.

The "we" I was referring is anyone standing in solidarity with working class people.

That doesn't seem to be you so I guess I wasn't talking about you.

You abhor teachers? Who says something like that? I hate the fact that your education was so obviously terrible. I am from NC and I didn't have the greatest teachers either. However, I educated myself, went to college and I have a lot of knowledge now. Standing up for your rights is not stealing. Why should we let government run over us?

As you said these are your personal feelings. It also seems to be a personal problem. But the fact is there are a lot of teachers who do a lot of good work all over the country and now your governor is basically saying that they make too much and should not have the right to stand up to him.
"
"As you said these are your personal feelings. It also seems to be a personal problem."
Why, because you disagree? You have a lot of knowledge, I have a job offer and a better job offer in the pipeline. I really don't need to explain my education to you, I sure as hell don't want to hear about yours.
zeke
zeke
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:06 pm

Zeke, please respect the other members. There's no need to be vulgar or offensive. If you have a dissenting comment to make, please state it in a respectful way. There's no reason to be disrespectful to the other members.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:14 pm

kemcha wrote:You could simply just name it as ""The Wisconsin Protest & Labor Strike."" Or, what I originally said. Maybe "The Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana Labor Strike of 2011"

Great idea, both threads were covering the same information.

cheers
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:33 pm

zeke wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:
zeke wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:
JaneWI wrote:

Please read the following editorial. Some people are saying the budget crisis is being staged to take away the collective bargaining from public workers. If this passes in WI, then it could snowball to other states. If collective bargaining is taken away from public workers I don't see much of a future for collective bargaining in the private sector.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/editorial/article_61064e9a-27b0-5f28-b6d1-a57c8b2aaaf6.html

I agree Jane. This is obviously an attempt to break unions. The state of Wisconsin is not going broke, paychecks won't bounce. The governor is trying to tell state workers that if they don't leave their unions they could be laid off. It's a scare tactic to keep the working class in line. There is always some company man living by the company book who says "we should take the little that they offer or they might not give us anything".
The truth is that they can't run anything without us. What is the governor gonna do? Fire all the garbage men and pick up trash himself? Can he find enough scabs to cover all the people he would have to fire? I doubt it and if he did what would the quality be like? We have all the control we just have to remember how to take it. We need to forget 50 years of brainwashing from the company man. "The company has your best interest at heart", yeah right.
I don't know who the "we" you refer to is but I would love to take a state job in driving distance of my home. I would do it for 75% pay, 75% benefits. But I was laid off, its a "work at will " state, and I was out. My taxes went up 3% each year. My bills are the same.I have to leave my home and move 200 miles for work, trying to pay for 2 households until I retire or sell one. My schooling was horrible, I abhor teachers. Most of the state DNR people I deal with are self righteous douche bags. These are MY PERSONAL FEELINGS, I would love to see some firings. If these state people call in sick, protest in the street, and take sick pay, that is stealing and should be punished.

The "we" I was referring is anyone standing in solidarity with working class people.

You abhor teachers? Who says something like that? I hate the fact that your education was so obviously terrible. I am from NC and I didn't have the greatest teachers either. However, I educated myself, went to college and I have a lot of knowledge now. Standing up for your rights is not stealing. Why should we let government run over us?

As you said these are your personal feelings. It also seems to be a personal problem. But the fact is there are a lot of teachers who do a lot of good work all over the country and now your governor is basically saying that they make too much and should not have the right to stand up to him.
"
"As you said these are your personal feelings. It also seems to be a personal problem."
Why, because you disagree? You have a lot of knowledge, I have a job offer and a better job offer in the pipeline. I really don't need to explain my education to you, I sure as hell don't want to hear about yours.

Zeke, I really don't know what your issue is but I won't tolerate your behavior. I just said in my previous post that I clearly wasn't talking about you. However, now I am talking about you. I didn't ask you about your education. You volunteered that it was bad. I took that to mean that you didn't like your teachers much. All I said was that I educated myself and you flew off the handle. I am glad you have a job offer and a better job offer in the pipeline. All I am commenting on is you saying that you "abhor" teachers just seems like a silly thing to say. Basically what you mean is that you don't like teachers so they shouldn't have the right to stand up for themselves? That is the only sense I can make out of your rant.
So, I have not disrespected you in anyway. I offered a different perspective and you flew off the handle about whatever you are talking about.

It's not a personal problem because you disagree it's a personal problem because you said something so stupid. If YOU hate teachers it is a personal problem with YOU. That would be like me saying I hate Germans. That would be a personal problem because it has to do with me and not Germans. Because there is nothing wrong with Germans as a race of people. There is nothing wrong with teachers in general so the fact that you "abhor teachers" means that problem is yours, making it personal.

Is that simple enough for you to understand jack?

Last edited by lendmeflight2 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm

JaneWI wrote:
kemcha wrote:You could simply just name it as ""The Wisconsin Protest & Labor Strike."" Or, what I originally said. Maybe "The Wisconsin, Ohio, Indiana Labor Strike of 2011"

Great idea, both threads were covering the same information.

cheers
Thanks. I'm quite good at shortening topic titles, since I run my own website. It's almost a required skill. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:40 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Is that simple enough for you to understand jack?
That's why I posted a response asking him to respect the other members. When the Moderators see that post, he'll probably get a warning of some sort. It's okay to post an opposing view but he didn't need to be so disrespectful in how he posted.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:42 pm

kemcha wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:Is that simple enough for you to understand jack?
That's why I posted a response asking him to respect the other members. When the Moderators see that post, he'll probably get a warning of some sort. It's okay to post an opposing view but he didn't need to be so disrespectful in how he posted.

That's cool and I thank for you sticking up for me. I was raised to stand up for myself and I never back down from bullies.

Thanks again
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:44 pm

No problem. I did report the post because it really was disrespectful.

Back to top Go down

Post by zeke Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:48 pm

[quote="lendmeflight2"]
zeke wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:
zeke wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:

"

Zeke, I really don't know what your issue is but I won't tolerate your behavior. I just said in my previous post that I clearly wasn't talking about you. However, now I am talking about you. I didn't ask you about your education. You volunteered that it was bad. I took that to mean that you didn't like your teachers much. All I said was that I educated myself and you flew off the handle. I am glad you have a job offer and a better job offer in the pipeline. All I am commenting on is you saying that you "abhor" teachers just seems like a silly thing to say. Basically what you mean is that you don't like teachers so they shouldn't have the right to stand up for themselves? That is the only sense I can make out of your rant.
So, I have not disrespected you in anyway. I offered a different perspective and you flew off the handle about whatever you are talking about.

It's not a personal problem because you disagree it's a personal problem because you said something so stupid. If YOU hate teachers it is a personal problem with YOU. That would be like me saying I hate Germans. That would be a personal problem because it has to do with me and not Germans. Because there is nothing wrong with Germans as a race of people. There is nothing wrong with teachers in general so the fact that you "abhor teachers" means that problem is yours, making it personal.

Is that simple enough for you to understand jack?[/quote
Now, how was this NOT disrespectful, but my post was? I'm just a simple man, apparently I'm not smart like you guys.
zeke
zeke
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 36 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 21 ... 36  Next