Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by JaneWI Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:26 pm

knarf wrote:TSK, TSK No UI for him I hope!

The thing is, he probably will have loads of job offers starting today. *sigh*
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:28 pm

What an idiot!
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 pm

I know there is a thread for this news story, but thought it would be good to have it here, as well.

The Internet is burning up with the news that Governor Scott Walker may have been pranked by a caller claiming to be David Koch, and a spokesman for the Governor, Cullen Werwie, emails a statement confirming the call is legit:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2011/02/governor_walkers_office_confir.html
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:33 pm

JaneWI wrote:I know there is a thread for this news story, but thought it would be good to have it here, as well.

The Internet is burning up with the news that Governor Scott Walker may have been pranked by a caller claiming to be David Koch, and a spokesman for the Governor, Cullen Werwie, emails a statement confirming the call is legit:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/plum-line/2011/02/governor_walkers_office_confir.html

It's in the "Debate it" forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:34 pm

knarf wrote:
JaneWI wrote:I know there is a thread for this news story, but thought it would be good to have it here, as well.

It's in the "Debate it" forum.

Right, but I thought it would be good to have it here, as well, in case someone missed it in Debate It. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:42 pm

You're the kind of person an old man like myself enjoys having around!

Now where did I put my darn hat?

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:43 pm

knarf wrote:You're the kind of person an old man like myself enjoys having around!

Now where did I put my darn hat?

lol! Thanks! I lose stuff like that all the time. Wink
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:13 am

Wisconsin Assembly Reaches Deal To End Debate, Vote On Anti-Union Bill

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/24/wisconsin-assembly-deal-vote_n_827530.html

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 pm

TITLE: Marching in Madison: Are Union Workers Welfare Queens or Friends and Neighbors.

Are the unemployed (99ers) labeled as welfare queens also? We too are found in the protests supporting two important issues; unions and extension for unemployment benefits. I think this bothers some people very much. I wonder who?

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2011/02/18/marching-in-madison-are-union-workers-welfare-queens-or-friend/
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 618340
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rubeNG Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:17 am

rubeNG
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:18 am

How can the vote be opened and closed before everyone had a chance to vote???

"Debate had gone on for 60 hours and 15 Democrats were still waiting to speak when the vote started around 1 a.m. Friday. Speaker Pro Tem Bill Kramer, R-Waukesha, opened the roll and closed it within seconds.

Democrats looked around, bewildered. Only 13 of the 38 Democratic members managed to vote in time."
http://www.npr.org/2011/02/25/134047623/wis-assembly-passes-bill-taking-away-union-rights
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:20 am

Another quote from the same story:

"Frustrated by the delay, Senate Republican Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, Jeff Fitzgerald's brother, ordered state troopers to find the missing Democrats, but they came up empty. Wisconsin law doesn't allow police to arrest the lawmakers, but Fitzgerald said he hoped the show of authority would have pressured them to return."

Is it just me or does that sound a little like bullying?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ET Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 am

Bad news....Walker got the vote to get rid of collective bargaining..this am. Today, is Friday..w/o the Democrats present.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110225/ap_on_bi_ge/us_wisconsin_budget_unions
ET
ET
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er, Graphic Designer, Fine Artist, Scuba Diver, Swimmer, Tennis

http://ellenturner.coolpage.biz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:56 am

That is only in the Assembly. The state senate has the final say, which ain't gonna happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 am

knarf wrote:That is only in the Assembly. The state senate has the final say, which ain't gonna happen.

What I think is interesting is not all of the democrats in the assembly were given the opportunity to vote on this bill.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 am

JaneWI wrote:
knarf wrote:That is only in the Assembly. The state senate has the final say, which ain't gonna happen.

What I think is interesting is not all of the democrats in the assembly were given the opportunity to vote on this bill.

I don't believe it would have mattered. They had enough votes to pass it.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:05 am

knarf wrote:
JaneWI wrote:

I don't believe it would have mattered. They had enough votes to pass it.

That's the real kicker. They knew they had the votes to pass it in the assembly. Why wouldn't they let the democrats throw in their vote? I suppose when elections come up the republicans can say the democrats that couldn't get their votes in at time didn't vote and don't care about their constituents.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:16 am

That might have worked in the past, but the citizens are now waking up. This idiot, Walker just poked a sleeping lion. It might very well be written in latter history, that he single handily took down the republican party.

Hey a man can dream, can't he!

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am

knarf wrote:That might have worked in the past, but the citizens are now waking up. This idiot, Walker just poked a sleeping lion. It might very well be written in latter history, that he single handily took down the republican party.

Hey a man can dream, can't he!

Dreaming can be good. Smile

A friend of mine told me there are TV commercials saying there is an APB out for the senate democrats. My understanding is the Koch brothers behind Americans for Prosperity are paying for these ads and state troopers cannot arrest them. There is no APB. It's just hype.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/02/19/billionaire-oil-tycoons-financed-wisconsins-anti-union-governor-election-campaign/

http://www.npr.org/2011/02/25/134040226/in-wis-union-battle-focus-on-billionaire-twins
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:37 am

Yeah Jane, I read of this yesterday. BUT again, the people *are* starting to pull their collective heads out of the sand. As the weather begins to turn in a better direction, so shall we with our voice of protest. It was easy for them to pick on us, as we had no means to form massive protests, but the table is now turning in our favor. Been working for school districts for close to twenty years, and one thing I've learned is, Don't mess with the teachers unions.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:44 am

Thank you knarf,

I sign up for that webcast, this Tuesday at 8PM for that free Webcast. Senator Sherrod Brown from Ohio is one of my Senators. Everybody needs a Senator like him, he is the greatest. He tells it like it is and don't play games. I hope more people will sign up and be informed about what is happening with the Republicans and Social Security.

"Sign up now for the DFA Live on March 1 at 8PM EST with Sen. Sherrod Brown and Nancy Altman."
http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/512?akid=500.1369189.WFRtUS&t=2

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by js123 Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:58 pm

Republicans believe in democracy? Watch how the republicans run out of the capitol after the vote. Are they afraid of something?

TITLE: WI State Assemblymen: Republicans Ran Out of Capital Last Night After Voting

http://news.firedoglake.com/2011/02/25/wi-state-assemblyman-republicans-ran-out-of-capitol-last-night-after-voting/
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 91263
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:07 pm

TR11005 wrote:Thank you knarf,

I sign up for that webcast, this Tuesday at 8PM for that free Webcast. Senator Sherrod Brown from Ohio is one of my Senators. Everybody needs a Senator like him, he is the greatest. He tells it like it is and don't play games. I hope more people will sign up and be informed about what is happening with the Republicans and Social Security.

"Sign up now for the DFA Live on March 1 at 8PM EST with Sen. Sherrod Brown and Nancy Altman."
http://act.democracyforamerica.com/go/512?akid=500.1369189.WFRtUS&t=2

Signed up too....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:54 pm

police in madison joining protestors
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:03 pm

kjps12 wrote:police in madison joining protestors

That doesn't surprise me one bit. The police were very cordial the two time I was there to protest.
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 27 618340
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next