Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

+10
njcookies
gigichicago
truth
concernedinKY
nuttin2lose
Kimmymc
Phillymg
Mags
Sunrise
JaneWI
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 3 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 3:11 am

Osama Bin Laden's body is headed for burial at sea.....

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/osama-bin-laden-body-headed-for-burial-at-sea-officials-say.html

His body will be washed by Muslims in accordance with Muslim religious tradition & will be buried at sea to prevent extremists from using any burial place as a martyrdom site.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 3 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by njcookies Mon May 02, 2011 8:48 am

The most evil person on earth is gone Thank God, may he rot in Hell, no 20 or 40 virgins for him. God Bless our Troops.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by pugsrit Mon May 02, 2011 10:48 am

Brings back the awful memory of 9/11. As I was going through the pain of checking luggage and going through security at Regan International Airport in DC, I thought how that day changed our lives forever. So glad the evil little man is dead. God Bless the men that when in and finally took that him out.
pugsrit
pugsrit
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : family time, pets and arts and crafts.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 02, 2011 11:32 am

The man who liveblogged Osama Bin Laden's death on Twitter

http://storify.com/suntimes/the-man-who-liveblogged-osama-bin-ladens-death-on-
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Newscaster oops! This broadcaster stated that President Obama announced that President Obama was dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMP7Ys57ha4&feature=player_embedded
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 02, 2011 1:35 pm

Pakistan government has a lot of explaining to do. Yeah, I would like to hear their story, now.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/levin-pakistan-govt-has-a-lot-of-explaining-to-do.html
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon May 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Guess the best way to view Ben Laden's death is"He'll never plan another death of innocent lives" again!

Last edited by unemployed2long/1208 on Mon May 02, 2011 1:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon May 02, 2011 1:37 pm

gigichicago wrote:Pakistan government has a lot of explaining to do. Yeah, I would like to hear their story, now.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/05/levin-pakistan-govt-has-a-lot-of-explaining-to-do.html

As a lot of middle eastern countries do is walk the middle of the fence!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 02, 2011 1:42 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Guess the best way to view Ben Laden's death is"He'll never plan another death of innocent lives" again!

Correct.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Mon May 02, 2011 1:54 pm

white house live
Now Streaming...
May 02, 2011 1:45 PM EDTShare
Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney and members of the President’s national security team
You can watch online here.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/live
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 02, 2011 4:03 pm

Here we go! Now the muslim scholars are saying Osama bin Laden's burial at sea is a disgrace. Whatever we do would be a disgrace even killing him. This may lead to more trouble and violence around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-sea-burial-muslim-scholars_n_856315.html

Here we go, many leaders' reaction.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-world-leaders-react_n_856226.html#s272538&title=Egypts_Muslim_Brotherhood
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 4:23 pm

I just saw Boehner and Cantor praising Bush & President Obama. That really burns me them trying to give Bush praise. And before anyone steps in and says different, let's remember if the mission to kill Bin Laden would have gone badly, they would have dumped ALL the blame on President Obama.

Remember last week when the President released his birth certificate to shut up the birthers? He said, "we have better things to do." More important things. Like the meetings and decisions our President had to make to get Obama. While the birthers launch stupid attacks on our President, the President of the United States, including Cantor and Boehner - the President indeed did have bigger and better things to attend to.

Here's to our President. Here's to the US!

Last edited by Tara on Mon May 02, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Tara wrote:I just saw Boehner and Cantor praising Bush & President Obama. That really burns me them trying to give Bush praise. And before anyone steps in and says different, let's remember if the mission to kill Obama would have gone badly, they would have dumped ALL the blame on President Obama.

Remember last week when the President released his birth certificate to shut up the birthers? He said, "we have better things to do." More important things. Like the meetings and decisions our President had to make to get Obama. While the birthers launch stupid attacks on our President, the President of the United States, including Cantor and Boehner - the President indeed did have bigger and better things to attend to.

Here's to our President. Here's to the US!

You mean the mission to kill Osama? not Obama? right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:28 pm

ooops! I'll change it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Tara wrote:ooops! I'll change it.
no biggee

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Deleted after a bit of reflection.

Last edited by truth on Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Truth--sorry not sure how that June 2010 article about the BP spill & Katrina relates to the death of Osama Bin Laden.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 6:21 pm

gigichicago wrote:Here we go! Now the muslim scholars are saying Osama bin Laden's burial at sea is a disgrace. Whatever we do would be a disgrace even killing him. This may lead to more trouble and violence around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-sea-burial-muslim-scholars_n_856315.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-world-leaders-react_n_856226.html#s272538&title=Egypts_Muslim_Brotherhood

Lol I wonder *which* national government wanted to be the one to allow Bin Laden's body to be buried within its borders.....NONE.

Those extremists who are complaining are a small stupid minority. They should KEEP TALKING so everybody who lives near them will know what jerks they are.

The vast majority of the world's 1 billion Muslims are extremely relieved that Bin Laden is dead. He & his band of lunatics murdered alot of Muslims.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Phillymg wrote:Truth--sorry not sure how that June 2010 article about the BP spill & Katrina relates to the death of Osama Bin Laden.....

I've decided to delete my post. I'd like to keep this great development free from partisanship.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 6:38 pm

Lol Truth ..... jocolor

I was gonna say that Boehner & Cantor were up all nite trying to figure out how to overcome the surge in Obama's popularity.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Mon May 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Phillymg wrote:
gigichicago wrote:Here we go! Now the muslim scholars are saying Osama bin Laden's burial at sea is a disgrace. Whatever we do would be a disgrace even killing him. This may lead to more trouble and violence around the world.

Lol I wonder *which* national government wanted to be the one to allow Bin Laden's body to be buried within its borders.....NONE.

Those extremists who are complaining are a small stupid minority. They should KEEP TALKING so everybody who lives near them will know what jerks they are.

The vast majority of the world's 1 billion Muslims are extremely relieved that Bin Laden is dead. He & his band of lunatics murdered alot of Muslims.
Were all of the victims of 9/11 afforded a proper burial? NO! Some families do not even have a tiny bit of bone from the loved ones. Let the shark that eats him turn toward Mecca and spit him out when it gets there.

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

The reason Bin Laden's body was given a proper Muslim burial at sea wasn't for him. Besides giving respect to one of the world's largest religions.....this action showed that Americans are a civilized people. Unlike him & his crazed cohorts.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mags Mon May 02, 2011 7:41 pm

Phillymg wrote:The reason Bin Laden's body was given a proper Muslim burial at sea wasn't for him. Besides giving respect to one of the world's largest religions.....this action showed that Americans are a civilized people. Unlike him & his crazed cohorts.

Phillymg, I want so much to agree with you, but this is all too PC for my taste. I'm not the best person to respond to what happens to terrorists since I believe taggers and car-jackers should be executed on site. I would rather have his head on a stick for all the families and our brave military that lost so many lives.
Mags
Mags
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 7:43 pm

Phillymg wrote:Lol Truth ..... jocolor

I was gonna say that Boehner & Cantor were up all nite trying to figure out how to overcome the surge in Obama's popularity.....

I'm going to wait at least few days, and then I think I'll have a bit to say about how various Republicans have reacted to this wonderful news. I don't want it to get in the way of justifiably basking in our nation's great trimuph.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 pm

njcookies wrote:The most evil person on earth is gone Thank God, may he rot in Hell, no 20 or 40 virgins for him. God Bless our Troops.

I doubt that bin Laden ever believed all that 20 or 40 virgins b.s. That was a fairy tale used to motivate his cannon fodder. He sure wasn't in a hurry to be ushered into the afterlife. He used a human shield to try to avoid it. Interesting, too, that his followers were living in caves while he lived in a custom-built mansion.

I have a feeling that any replacement for bin Laden likewise will be much more interested in the highlife here below. Now, that replacement can see his sure and certain ultimate future, and it won't be pretty. Bullets, not virgins, are waiting for him.

Last edited by truth on Mon May 02, 2011 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next