Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

+10
njcookies
gigichicago
truth
concernedinKY
nuttin2lose
Kimmymc
Phillymg
Mags
Sunrise
JaneWI
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by Phillymg Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 pm

President Obama & the US military handled this whole matter in a highly tactical, extremely civilized way. I'm proud to be an American. Like a Star @ heaven

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Empty Re: Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown

Post by truth Mon May 02, 2011 7:58 pm

This will unquestionably be in the history books. I'm still getting goosebumps about it.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by njcookies Mon May 02, 2011 9:02 pm

On the news in NY a reporter was asking Muslims leaving a Mosque what they thought of the killing, one man said "I wish we could bring him back to life and kill him again".

njcookies
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : Cat Lady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon May 02, 2011 9:31 pm

I don't know how to explain my feelings but I have sense of sadness. I was telling my sister yesterday that killing is just wrong - humans are just not intelligent beings. Maybe in 1000 years we will reach our potential.

Suspect
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Sunrise wrote:I don't know how to explain my feelings but I have sense of sadness. I was telling my sister yesterday that killing is just wrong - humans are just not intelligent beings. Maybe in 1000 years we will reach our potential.

Suspect

I was very happy when I heard the news but now it's making me very nervous. I'm very scared of what will happen next, more killings or peace. We won't know for a while.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon May 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Perhaps this article helps me to understand what I am feeling. Worth a read and thought. Smile

Is it morally right to celebrate bin Laden's death?

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/02/is-it-morally-right-to-celebrate-bin-ladens-death/?hpt=C2
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Mon May 02, 2011 11:37 pm

njcookies wrote:
Phillymg wrote:
gigichicago wrote:Here we go! Now the muslim scholars are saying Osama bin Laden's burial at sea is a disgrace. Whatever we do would be a disgrace even killing him. This may lead to more trouble and violence around the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-sea-burial-muslim-scholars_n_856315.html

Here we go, many leaders' reaction.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-world-leaders-react_n_856226.html#s272538&title=Egypts_Muslim_Brotherhood

Lol I wonder *which* national government wanted to be the one to allow Bin Laden's body to be buried within its borders.....NONE.

Those extremists who are complaining are a small stupid minority. They should KEEP TALKING so everybody who lives near them will know what jerks they are.

The vast majority of the world's 1 billion Muslims are extremely relieved that Bin Laden is dead. He & his band of lunatics murdered alot of Muslims.
Were all of the victims of 9/11 afforded a proper burial? NO! Some families do not even have a tiny bit of bone from the loved ones. Let the shark that eats him turn toward Mecca and spit him out when it gets there.

YOU GO GIRL - AGREED!!!!
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 11:43 pm

((((sunrise))))

Just a hug. Thanks for posting the article so I can better understand.
You're a gentle soul.

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue May 03, 2011 12:18 am

Potentially more good news: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54151.html

A whole lot of terrorist leaders may be wondering if some SEALS will soon be "dropping in" on them.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Tue May 03, 2011 1:43 am

Didn't Clinton want us to give millions of dollars to Pakistan in foreign aid recently? Now, Pakistan needs to explain. There's a small picture on the left hand side of the web site and copied below, it's a Pakistan army soldier on the roof of bin Laden's compound. What the heck?

"Sen. Carl Levin, the chairman of the Senate Armed Services Committee, said bin Laden's location meant Pakistan had "a lot of explaining to do."

"I think this tells us once again that unfortunately Pakistan at times is playing a double game," said Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine, a member of the Armed Services Committee.

A senior Pakistan intelligence official dismissed speculation that bin Laden was being protected."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_bi_ge/as_pakistan_bin_laden

Obama to make statment tonight; subject unknown - Page 4 Capt.d88ac2971a874865a52d9ca3545499e1-d88ac2971a874865a52d9ca3545499e1-0
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Tue May 03, 2011 3:08 pm

Osama Bin Laden's corpse should have been ground up as Chum; would have been eaten quickly. Now the fish have to work hard for their meal! Very Happy
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Tue May 03, 2011 4:18 pm

gigichicago wrote:There's a small picture on the left hand side of the web site and copied below, it's a Pakistan army soldier on the roof of bin Laden's compound. What the heck?
The article explains that the picture was taken several hours after the US military had completed its mission. Once the US forces left.....the Pakistanis took control of the compound. They're also holding people in custody including Bin Laden's 4th wife & their kids.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Tue May 03, 2011 4:30 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110503/wl_nm/us_pakistan_has_bin_laden_wife_children_in_c;_ylt=AixfVMw1PqK7kzQwUbzb73lv24cA;_ylu=X3oDMTN1NWpucmdvBGFzc2V0A25tLzIwMTEwNTAzL3VzX3Bha2lzdGFuX2hhc19iaW5fbGFkZW5fd2lmZV9jaGlsZHJlbl9pbl9jBGNjb2RlA29mZnB6ZjMwBGNwb3MDMwRwb3MDMwRzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA3Bha2lzdGFuaGFzYg--
"It looks bad," he said. "It makes us look like a fool or an idiot. It's pretty embarrassing." --Pakistani intelligence official

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4