Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Cspan_live_play-1

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!!

+5
JaneWI
unemployed2long/1208
nuttin2lose
Quiethawk
GabrielBerg
9 posters

Go down

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Empty Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!!

Post by GabrielBerg Thu May 05, 2011 8:42 am

affraid pale affraid Crying or Very sad affraid Evil or Very Mad affraid Shocked affraid
DJ DATA SNAP: US Jobless Claims +43K To 474K In Apr 30 Week

By Jeff Bater and Luca Di Leo
Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

WASHINGTON (Dow Jones)--New claims for jobless benefits unexpectedly surged
last week to their highest level since last summer, according to data giving
another sign of the economy's struggle in creating jobs.

Initial unemployment claims increased by 43,000 to a seasonally adjusted
474,000 in the week ended April 30, the Labor Department said Thursday in its
weekly report.

The prior week's figure was revised to 431,000 from an originally reported

Economists surveyed by Dow Jones Newswires had forecast claims would fall by
19,000 in the latest week. The level of 474,000 was the highest since the week
ending Aug. 14, 2010.

A Labor Department analyst attributed the surprising increase to one-time
administrative factors, including additional layoffs in New York state due to
spring break, which doubled the number of claims in the state. Other reasons
cited were a new emergency benefit program in Oregon, and additional automobile
industry claims.

"I don't think it's economic factors," the analyst said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-05/jobless-claims-in-u-s-unexpectedly-jump-due-to-special-factors.html
http://www.reuters.com/assets/print?aid=USTRE73D8GJ20110505

GabrielBerg
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Empty Re: Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!!

Post by Quiethawk Thu May 05, 2011 8:56 am

HAHAHAHA how did adding additional weeks to existing claims, become new claims???? Something doesn't seem right with that statement.... Spring Break layoffs??? So isn't Spring break like a week to 2 weeks???? How can you claim UI for a 1-2 weeks break???? Okay I get they have to come up with different reasons for "The UNEXPECTED rise in new claims". The last statement is proof that they can't tell the truth.... It IS ECONOMIC FACTORS.....
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Empty Re: Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!!

Post by nuttin2lose Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 am

I think the first 4 letters in ANALyst best describe his statement!!

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 10:11 am

I'll do it on this forum too.... I told you, I told you!! Watch the unemployment new claims cycle now hat gas prices has risen to out of control prices. The drivers have cut back driving and spending and Obama better wake up and smell the roses. As I said Bin Ladens death was a temp. victory and will not save his presidency, its time to control gas prices with something more than saying stop driving those SUV'S! As I said that doesn't fix gas prices and its another Obama quick fix that does nothing. But it allowed him to make another speech.. He is so egotistical he honestly thinks his speeches create magic and fixes things! American's are patient but not stupid Mr. President. Things .. Its time for congress and the president to turn things around and fast! Or they'll all be fired.. And 12 yr. olds may become president, maybe they can do a better job!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 10:13 am

I do not apologize for my harshness.... After I and many more are suffering from failures, no reason to say I am sorry! Its a Over promise and under deliver president... Its suppose to be under promise and over deliver!!!!! Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 713236 Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 915568
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

I think Friday they reveal the new unemployment rate??? Watch it will go down among the 4 weeks of higher new jobless claims..
When new claims went down to 379,000 a few weeks ago, the unemployment rate went from 9.6% down to the 8.8%.. Now that we have had 4 weeks in a row with new claims to see the new unemployment rate will be interesting. They will figure out how to make it go down. But add all of the statistics new jobs created are out paced X2 and yet new job creations 179,000 in April is nothing when new jobless claims were over 200K. More losing jobs than finding them.
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Thu May 05, 2011 10:47 am

nuttin2lose wrote:I think the first 4 letters in ANALyst best describe his statement!!

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 630201
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 11:37 am

lol! Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 630201
Heads up their butts!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 11:38 am

Quiet, Did i read that you found employment... If so that is great!!!! Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 921652
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu May 05, 2011 11:40 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote: lol! Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! 630201
Heads up their butts!

AKA Cranial rectum inversion. Wink
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KeeptheFaith Thu May 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Really.....like we all did not see this coming....I mean......gas prices are rising......did they really think that this would not affect the economy......I am sick of them spinning these numbers as always being surprising or unexpected......Surprising or unexpected for whom.....The economy is going down the drain and there is no way that they are going to be able to keep sugar coating it.......
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Jobless Claims Explode To Highs Not Seen Since Last August!!! Empty JOBLESS CLAIMS EXPLODE TO HIGHS NOT SEEN SINCE LAST AUGUST

Post by KSCHIEF522 Thu May 05, 2011 12:30 pm

They went up because people are losing the only jobs that they could get which were temporary. Noone sees the thousands that have run out of unemployment still looking for jobs. What a shame that the public doesn't see the real job situation. No
KSCHIEF522
KSCHIEF522
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : GARDENING

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 2:35 pm

they'll see it soon enough!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 pm

KSCHIEF522 wrote:They went up because people are losing the only jobs that they could get which were temporary. Noone sees the thousands that have run out of unemployment still looking for jobs. What a shame that the public doesn't see the real job situation. No

More people need to speak up!!!! We need to be heard!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu May 05, 2011 9:40 pm

" UNEXPECTED " and " SURGED ". Who reports this crap, Biden ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down