Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Cspan_live_play-1

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011

4 posters

Go down

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Empty UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011

Post by JaneWI Thu May 26, 2011 8:59 am

SEASONALLY ADJUSTED DATA

"In the week ending May 21, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 424,000, an increase of 10,000 from the previous week's revised figure of 414,000. The 4-week moving average was 438,500, a decrease of 1,750 from the previous week's revised average of 440,250."

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/eta/ui/eta20110766.htm
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Empty Re: UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 26, 2011 10:01 am

when are they going to be convinced that the job market is not improving. over 400,000+ new claims each with increasing new claims out pacing the job creation.. Lee, you need to deliver our message stronger! This lull is hurting many!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 Empty Re: UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011

Post by jan99 Thu May 26, 2011 10:13 am

Yeah! That sure looks like "recovery" to me! ::sarcasm::

So when are people going to put two and two together and see the economy is going nowhere except towards our third Great Depression?

I consider the recession that stared over 3 years ago the second Great Depression. Why is everyone so convinced that it ended in June 2009 when we are still seeing First Time Claims numbers like this each week?

jan99
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Thu May 26, 2011 11:08 am

Anyone notice how hard it is to find someone actually speaking about this huge problem? (unemployment)You have to really dig to find any real info, and when you do its never a big news source its alway a small paper.

Do we all understand how this all happened? This crap has been happening 30 years. Each time people lost jobs the people that still had jobs uneffected by the change, blamed the unemployed.They blamed the people getting government checks, ect. Each step along the way this happened.People didnt even see a problem till it smacked them upside the head.Its still happening right now people dont see the life changing events coming right at them, head on.Because the problem is us, get it. Its not the system or the governement or the corperations.
People do not see the end of their job coming because they dont get everything depends on something else,and their job depends on another company that does something, and that company on another ect.The link between things is totally lost.I have a friend thats a botanist when I got layed off he says things are great at my company.He didnt see how my company laying off would eventually effect him. They were buying up other company's he didnt see that as a problem,He didnt understand that ment there was less work in his industry over all.He didnt understand everytime they bought a company someone lost jobs,and it didnt matter to him because his company was doing great.The people that lost jobs owned house and bought houses.He tests some kind of samples from houses, when they are bought and sold.everytime his company bought a company they made less customers, but in the short term huge profits.
Anyway I thought telling him I got laid off should be a warning to him, but again he didnt get it, like most people in this country they have been put to sleep.Im starting to think we have drugs in the water with the passive nature of the american people, over the things going on!
I worked for the largest maker of fittings in the US. Like natural gas water, air everything.brass and steel we made them all. If you bought a fitting at ace hardware ,menards home depo it once came from my old work place.Not counting the huge industrial supply places we made stuff for that supplied the housing market.They owned like 6 factories across the US,including Cerro metal products(closed) the largest maker of brass in the world at one time.When I worked there, they already had boxes coming in the door that said made in China being dumped into the company boxes and being shipped out.Everyone asumed the stuff was made in America.(buyer)There were 600 people on 3 shifts in that factory.Then there were 2 shifts and at the end one shift. And threw all this the workers were forcing the company to work over time anyway they could.People got laid of and the ones left still worked 60-80 hours.The other 5 factorys are closed.The main one I worked at is still there and has 12 cars in the parking lot as of last time I went by, might be gone now.Our biggest supplyer of brass was Cerro metal Products that we owned.Cerro was sold and then close one year after the sale.By a British company.The people there agreed to a pay cut and all kinds of things not having a clue that there job would soon be over.The point is they no longer make anything, they would not have sold the material making part of the company if they planned to in the future.Now you think about all the things fittings are used in most of those company are gone or China gutted what ever you call it Way before working there, I worked for R ,B &W Corp the largest manufacturer of fastners in the world at one time, nuts bolts washers rivets, screws.They had 13 factories I think in the US but that another story.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Thu May 26, 2011 11:09 am

jan99 wrote:Yeah! That sure looks like "recovery" to me! ::sarcasm::

So when are people going to put two and two together and see the economy is going nowhere except towards our third Great Depression?

I consider the recession that stared over 3 years ago the second Great Depression. Why is everyone so convinced that it ended in June 2009 when we are still seeing First Time Claims numbers like this each week?

Simple answer because the stock market is booming!
Micheal Moore did an interview a while back and said something is real sick in this country, because when they talk about JOBs the stock market drops, he was awake enough to notice this.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu May 26, 2011 12:08 pm

Hello!!! Anyone remember 589 and the 99 er's??????????????? UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 431770 UI WEEKLY CLAIMS REPORT week ending 5/21/2011 183394
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by jan99 Thu May 26, 2011 12:11 pm

Yes sir, I do! The GOP is expected to announce their JOBS plan today. It will be interesting to see what they come up with. Shocked

jan99
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down