Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month

+4
UPCHITCREEK
nuttin2lose
Exhausted99er
GabrielBerg
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month

Post by doreenb Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:35 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:No Doreenb , it's a question of direct doubt, aimed at people ,if it was just a post saying .....WE NEED TO COUNTINUE TO CONTACT CAMPS OFFICE , it would be received differently ! Not telling you how to post but thats the way it's being taken .

No, its a request to continue to contact Camps office, and please do not refer to me as a newbie, I have been with this site alot longer then you.

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 Empty Re: Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month

Post by UPCHITCREEK Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:41 pm

doreenb wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:No Doreenb , it's a question of direct doubt, aimed at people ,if it was just a post saying .....WE NEED TO COUNTINUE TO CONTACT CAMPS OFFICE , it would be received differently ! Not telling you how to post but thats the way it's being taken .

No, its a request to continue to contact Camps office, and please do not refer to me as a newbie, I have been with this site alot longer then you.

lol! ..... 2 whole days ...... lol!..... i been here longer .... lol!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:56 pm

I addressed this on the other forum! I said something along with the poster about contacting!! I said this and I still say this!!!! Yes we keep hearing or reading to keep contacting and call and contact da dada da da... But I also said we need to keep contacting Lee and Scott to keep the fire going. We can only do so much! If they give up or slow down then 589 will come to a rapid close! They are the one's who can do something about it! After all they are the members of congress and brought up the bill... So they need to work the co-sponsors and keep the fire lit, otherwise its over!!! After all, they say they are dedicated to help us and get the job done! Stabenow put us through this before and let us down!!! Hello!!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:12 pm

I agree 1208 , even after 3 years + of hearing and seeing the same ole same ole it gets really old ! but i still keep on keepin on !!!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:29 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:I agree 1208 , even after 3 years + of hearing and seeing the same ole same ole it gets really old ! but i still keep on keepin on !!!
I agree, and I know that when members post to keep calling they are keeping the pressure on the effort to get HR589 and/or the bill to help all the UE/LTUE. But, it does seem sometimes like Chit said, it is a direct doubt that no effort has been made.
I make calls and continue to make calls, and it's not anyone here's fault that the legislation is not moving.
We are all adults and we know what we have done/have not done, we don't need to be questioned about it.
Makes me feel like I am being supervised personally

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm

If I have to I will continue to fight alone!!!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:36 pm

UPCHITCREEK wrote:
doreenb wrote:

We need serious people who want to continue the cause not immature games!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

doreenb wrote:
UPCHITCREEK wrote:
doreenb wrote:

We need serious people who want to continue the cause not immature games!

AGREED

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:40 pm

At least we are getting good media coverage today!

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:45 am

doreenb wrote:If I have to I will continue to fight alone!!!

You won't be alone, Doreen. I also needed this bill to pass YESTERDAY, and I have been at it for two years now and out of work for 3. Yes, we did get some decent news coverage after the new ue rate came out on Friday, but it won't last long. Something else will come up in the next few days and we will take a backseat again.

The time frame here is crucial. I just realized that they only have 5 working weeks until their month long August break. The coming 5 weeks are going to be consumed with political games over the budget, debt ceiling, program cuts, etc. When they come back on Sept. 6, IF they decide to focus on unemployment and jobs again, it won't be for the 99ers. At that point, the arguments will start again about extending the deadlines for the existing program, which ends on 12/24 (last day to start a new tier under EUC08). We've been through this too many times and can't allow this to happen again.

If nothing gets done for the 99ers in the next five weeks, we are going to be pushed aside again. There are hundreds of thousands who are not ready to let this happen again. Something has to be done very fast and we need to get this moving. The window of opportunity is closing for us and we need an all out effort by everyone to ensure we are not living in the streets next winter.

Maybe the calling, faxing, emailing, etc. campaigns haven't been successful to date, so what are we going to do in the coming weeks to get attention?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not ready to give up, and I'm not willing to sit back and watch us get thrown under the bus again.

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:08 am

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 618340
Exhausted99er wrote:
doreenb wrote:If I have to I will continue to fight alone!!!

You won't be alone, Doreen. I also needed this bill to pass YESTERDAY, and I have been at it for two years now and out of work for 3. Yes, we did get some decent news coverage after the new ue rate came out on Friday, but it won't last long. Something else will come up in the next few days and we will take a backseat again.

The time frame here is crucial. I just realized that they only have 5 working weeks until their month long August break. The coming 5 weeks are going to be consumed with political games over the budget, debt ceiling, program cuts, etc. When they come back on Sept. 6, IF they decide to focus on unemployment and jobs again, it won't be for the 99ers. At that point, the arguments will start again about extending the deadlines for the existing program, which ends on 12/24 (last day to start a new tier under EUC08). We've been through this too many times and can't allow this to happen again.

If nothing gets done for the 99ers in the next five weeks, we are going to be pushed aside again. There are hundreds of thousands who are not ready to let this happen again. Something has to be done very fast and we need to get this moving. The window of opportunity is closing for us and we need an all out effort by everyone to ensure we are not living in the streets next winter.

Maybe the calling, faxing, emailing, etc. campaigns haven't been successful to date, so what are we going to do in the coming weeks to get attention?

Anyone have any ideas? I'm not ready to give up, and I'm not willing to sit back and watch us get thrown under the bus again.

Catastrophic May Jobs Report Shows Only 54,000 Jobs Gained Last Month - Page 2 618340

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:51 pm

I dont think all our calls/faxes/emails mean anything anymore. The politicians have gotten used to this for 3 years now. I dont think it even bothers them.

The press needs to be hounding them on this issue for them to finally do something for us and we all know the press has been mum on unemployment for a long time.

I have contacted my reps here in Michigan so many times that they dont even answer me back anymore and you know why? Because they are not up for re-election.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2