Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 2 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 2 Cspan_live_play-1

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 2 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Bachmann asked if she's a flake

+10
gigichicago
RanBrow123
UPCHITCREEK
knarf
stansmad
truth
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Phillymg
requete'
14 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachmann asked if she's a flake

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:21 pm

He shouldn't take her as a threat!!!! He hasn't done anything to feel threatened! He's a do nothing! Failure!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachmann asked if she's a flake

Post by stansmad Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:50 pm

" Natural gas is clearly a better alternative than fossil fuels " Nancy Pelosi. ( Natural gas is a fossil fuel. ). " I have been to 57 states on the campaign trail " Barrack Obama. " I can see Russia from my house ". No, it was not Palin, it was Tina Fey. And on and on......... Why are these quotes buried in the media ? Why are people so scared of Republican women ? If they were Democrats, NOW (National org. of Women) would raise 40 kinds of hell about this. What about the media rifling through Palin e-mails ? Heard anything lately ? Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ? DOUBLE STANDARD !!!!!!!!!
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:02 pm

stansmad wrote:" Natural gas is clearly a better alternative than fossil fuels " Nancy Pelosi. ( Natural gas is a fossil fuel. ). " I have been to 57 states on the campaign trail " Barrack Obama. " I can see Russia from my house ". No, it was not Palin, it was Tina Fey. And on and on......... Why are these quotes buried in the media ? Why are people so scared of Republican women ? If they were Democrats, NOW (National org. of Women) would raise 40 kinds of hell about this. What about the media rifling through Palin e-mails ? Heard anything lately ? Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ? DOUBLE STANDARD !!!!!!!!!

24 k in pages and nothing to talk about or it would be every where count on it ! and yes double double standard!

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 pm

stansmad wrote:Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ?

She's such an air-head I would be shocked if they could find anything interesting that that woman has to say.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:37 pm

RanBrow123 wrote:
stansmad wrote:Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ?

She's such an air-head I would be shocked if they could find anything interesting that that woman has to say.
Then why is she followed around 24/7 ? Because they make a ton of money off her in ratings ? Why do the left never concentrate on the job Obama is doing ? Every show on MSNBC and the like is totally about nailing any Republican to the wall on any subject. They spew pure hatred while accusing "right wing fanatics ", "teabaggers", of racism if you are against Obama and his policies. Olbermann , Matthews, Maddow. There shows seem to be dedicated to this subject. If Obamas record were worth reporting on , then why don't they ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:07 pm

There was a time when I would have voted for either party that put up a woman for President. Or at least, I thought I would until Sarah Palin ran on the McCain ticket. The 2008 election was the first time I voted Democratic.

I could see the Republican strategy was to float Sarah Palin to capture the female voters. I also couldn't get past the fact that she wasn't qualified to be Vice President. She was so far right and her affiliations with the Tea Party left me cold. I have the same issue with Michelle Bachman.

These woman aren't strong female role models that we can look up to.
They are caricatures of what a strong female role model is IMO.

I can't speak to MSNBC as I don't watch any of those programs that you mentioned. I try to get my news from reliable news sources, I don't chase youtube or blogs like some posters here do.

As far as President Obama's record, he came into his term when a recession was already under way. I know you are going to disregard that, stansmad, so I'm not going to spend much time there.

I am going to address what the Tea Party and Republicans want:

1. Lower taxes for the rich.
2. Few regulations for the rich and on corporations.
3. Stop spending money on the poor and helping them become productive.
4. They want to make the rest of us believe in their religious beliefs.
5. They want to make medical decisions for women.
6. They want to put homosexuals back in the closet.

Now, you may call that spewing hatred, but I call it articulating what Republicans want. No hate intended, but their agenda doesn't reflect what my views are right now. Parties are known to change so that may change in the future, but not right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:13 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Seems there are enough "Flakes" to go around! That is unless one thinks their particular party is the greatest party! Then I would say they may be a little "Flaky".

Am I "Flaky"? I don't think my party is the greatest, but I do think that given a choice between the ideologies and agendas of the two parties, I find such sharp differences that I definitely favor one over the other. Obviously, people with values and priorities different from mine might tend to favor the other party.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Bachmann has said that she wants to get rid of the minimum wage. Yeah, I think she is a flake. She has also said that "founding fathers fought to end slavery". I have no idea where she studied history but I don't think it was here in the U.S. She's a flake and should be running for dog catcher in her town. A course in college of American History would suit her than running for president.

http://djdrizzdrewsviews.blogspot.com/2011/06/first-freakshow-62811.html

Last edited by gigichicago on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:32 pm

gigichicago wrote: She's a flake and should be running for dog catcher in her town.

What gigi said. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by disgustedwithgovt Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:45 pm

That teaparty rebuttal to Obama's State of the Union, where she was so off camera was just plain goofy looking, not professional at all. She's got along way to go before she is taken seriously for the GOP nomination. They won't give it to her.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by disgustedwithgovt Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:48 pm

Of course, I thought Hillary was our nominee as well, so who knows maybe she will fire up all the Repubs, and they will have to let it happen for the ticket.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:44 pm

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is acknowledging "misspeaking" occasionally, including wrongly claiming that actor John Wayne was from her Waterloo, Iowa hometown, but says she's "a substantive, serious person" who would be a good president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/john-wayne-gacy-michele-bachmann_n_885840.html

Way to much "mispoken".....Needs more cowbell
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm

It is OK to have your own opinions, but not the facts.

At least use the internet to verify your facts.

If she is every President, , mispoken can get you into wars. It is better not to say anything. Pretending that your smart by saying something that is of the opposite truth for which her and Palin constantly doing leads to being an airhead woman. That a great injustice to all woman.

Last edited by TR11005 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:06 pm

elvis44102 wrote:WASHINGTON (AP) -- Republican presidential candidate Michele Bachmann is acknowledging "misspeaking" occasionally, including wrongly claiming that actor John Wayne was from her Waterloo, Iowa hometown, but says she's "a substantive, serious person" who would be a good president.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/28/john-wayne-gacy-michele-bachmann_n_885840.html

Way to much "mispoken".....Needs more cowbell

Yeah, I saw that, elvis. How do you mix up John Wayne Gacy, mass serial killer with John Wayne. That is just plain dumb.

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:36 pm

stansmad wrote:
RanBrow123 wrote:

Then why is she followed around 24/7 ? Because they make a ton of money off her in ratings ?

The Jersey Shore gets followed around a lot, and make a ton off of ratings, too, and they're air-headed as all hell. Thanks for reinforcing my argument.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:44 am

For the record.....Susan Collins & Olympia Snowe are Repub women who get a good amount of praise from Dems. It's just not true that Dems criticize all Repub women lawmakers. Lisa Murkowski's pretty good too tho she's an Indie now.....

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:49 am

Michele Bachmann's Husband Got $137,000 in Medicaid Funds--

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43570552/ns/politics-decision_2012/

At least.....his clinic has also gotten other Medicaid funding that hasn't been verified yet. Yet she rails against Medicaid & Medicare any chance she gets.

Suspect

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:15 am

Phillymg wrote: Lisa Murkowski's pretty good too tho she's an Indie now.....

Senator Murkowski is still a Republican. She ran as a "write-in" candidate in the Alaska Senatorial election last fall and won. I'm sure she still holds a grudge against her party for not endorsing her, but she never left the GOP.

Murkowski, Lisa

- (R - AK)
Class III

http://murkowski.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?p=Contact

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:56 am

phillymg,

Your point is well taken though. Collins, Snowe and Murkowski are moderates.

Palin and Bachman are Tea Party extremists and that's precisely what I have against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Tara wrote:phillymg,

Your point is well taken though. Collins, Snowe and Murkowski are moderates.

Palin and Bachman are Tea Party extremists and that's precisely what I have against them.
Yeah that was my point--Dems do not automatically discount all Repub women. It's the Tea-Monster nutcases m & f who should scare the dickens out of every American.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:58 pm

NEWSFLASH : Sarah Palin does not hold public office ! Therefore she cannot vote on bills or determine your fate. Why the obsession ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 pm

As of yesterday, it was still being speculated in the news that the spectacle that is Sarah Palin might still be running for President. Has it indeed been determined and admitted by her that there is no chance of that happening in 2012?

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:20 pm

stansmad wrote:NEWSFLASH : Sarah Palin does not hold public office ! Therefore she cannot vote on bills or determine your fate. Why the obsession ?

See Philly's post. Ms. Palin has deliberatey, perhaps obsessively, chosen to be a continual (and self-promoting?) mouthpiece for the extreme right-wing. She is hardly the sole focus of those of us who oppose the Tea Party and other extremists. I, for one, can list plenty of males in the spotlight whose policies I firmly reject. It has nothing to do with Ms. Palin's gender.

Last edited by truth on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:23 pm

She has not stated she will or she will not. If she runs, then discuss it. Are people mad at her now because the press rifled through thousands of her e-mails and can't find any dirt ? If she were Democrat, the press would raise forty kinds of hell about this. By the way, where is NOW (National Organization of Women) on the way these " TEA MONSTERS" are treated? DOUBLE STANDARD IS VERY OBVIOUS.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:27 pm

Obvious to you, but not to me, since, unlike you, I don't see a single criticism of Ms. Palin as being based upon her gender. Perhaps you can supply a reference to a gender-based criticism.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next