Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Bachmann asked if she's a flake

+10
gigichicago
RanBrow123
UPCHITCREEK
knarf
stansmad
truth
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Phillymg
requete'
14 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachmann asked if she's a flake

Post by Phillymg Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 am

Stan--Admire your passion even if I'm not sure what your positions are on issues. You're an American citizen too so you have your right to speak your mind.

stansmad wrote:Every thing goes back to Obama because he is the PRESIDENT, isn't he ?
That's 100% true as compared to someone saying Prez GWBush was responsible for 'everything' that happened 1/2001-1/2009 even tho technically Congress passes laws & therefore Congress was responsible for all laws passed then--that GWBush signed. My gut feeling is that when people in the future look back on these years they'll agree Congress was responsible for all laws passed while Obama was Prez--that he signed.

stansmad wrote:A Nobel Prize winning economist said the stimulus wasn't enough ? Need I remind you that Barrack Obama also won a Nobel for PEACE ? That statement is laughable to say the least. Next will they will give him the Heisman trophy for watching a football game !
Somebody posted that 2 NP economists said the Stim wasn't enuf.....however as I recall those 2 economists didn't speak up very loudly when the Stim was before Congress. Many average Americans agree the ARRA wasn't enuf.....most of the Stim only paid for tax cuts & unemployment benefits.....no significant longterm jobs program at all. Nada.

stansmad wrote:EVERY TIME a conservative tries to make a point about politics the left claims we are " brainwashed", "hypnotized ", etc. That assessment is really old and worn out. Please try something new.
Well I like to think of myself in the center but if you think I'm on the left okay we have to agree to disagree on that one. I haven't accused anyone posting on DAWU of being brainwashed etc. I for one would like to hear from moderate conservatives what specific issues they think that they can agree on with the majority of other Americans.

stansmad wrote:Explain to me just what Obama has accomplished that is the reason he will get your vote.
Prez Obama may or may not get my vote. Nov. 2012 is a long ways away. I was & still am all for the passage of the Healthcare law and the ARRA law.....even tho imo neither went far enuf. Obama only signed them into law after Congress passed them so in my book he doesn't get full credit or full criticism for either. You posed an interesting question.....why so many Americans voted for Obama in Nov. 2008.....& why a majority of Americans might re-elect him in 2012. Setting aside the voters who'll never like him no matter what he does or doesn't do.....most Americans seem to just plain like him as a person despite whatever disagreements they may have with positions he takes or doesn't take. The majority of Americans seem to *identify* with him in one way or another.

Returning to the thread topic.....Representative Bachmann.....the majority of Americans might not know exactly what we want in a leader.....but we sure do know what we *don't* want.....Bachmann offers only negatives.....she wants to kill the Healthcare law.....she wants to prevent gays from marrying.....she wants to keep women from using birth control.....she wants to kill Medicaid (while her husband rakes in the Medicaid bucks).....Bachmann says she's for fiscal responsibility but she fights to keep the fake farm subsidies (which have benefitted her & her family).....

History shows that no country can 'cut spending' to recover from a Recession.....no country can 'increase taxes' to recover from a Recession.....& no country can do both to get out of a Recession--although doing both moderately is necessary to a successful recovery but only in conjunction with *GROWTH*.....

But growth takes investment.....& the US corporations are *still* sitting on $2 trillion refusing to invest it in production.....for a full year since last summer. Do they really despise the Healthcare law & unions that much that they would sit on that $$ to the detriment of our nation & eventually themselves?? Or are they biding their time to invest the $$ in China & India because they worry about 'overheating' those economies right now??

But I'm no expert on politics.....just an average Joe trying to keep an open mind to what can *bring back jobs* as opposed to the political tricks of Congress dressed up as 'jobs-creation' that actually send even more millions of American jobs overseas. I'd like to hear your ideas & 1208's ideas as conservatives on how the US can reduce (or at least compensate for in other ways) the massive outsourcing/offshoring of jobs. I think the majority of Americans are tired of hearing politicians & the media spout off about 'cutting spending'.....Americans want to experience 1st-hand in their own lives Improving Growth.....

It's not good enuf imo to say 'throw the bums out' if all we wind up with are new bums who want to make Condoms illegal in the bargain.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4