Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Bachmann asked if she's a flake

+10
gigichicago
RanBrow123
UPCHITCREEK
knarf
stansmad
truth
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Phillymg
requete'
14 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachmann asked if she's a flake

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:30 pm

truth wrote:
stansmad wrote:NEWSFLASH : Sarah Palin does not hold public office ! Therefore she cannot vote on bills or determine your fate. Why the obsession ?

See Philly's post. Ms. Palin has deliberatey, perhaps obsessively, chosen to be a continual (and self-promoting?) mouthpiece for the extreme right-wing. She is hardly the sole focus of those of us who oppose the Tea Party and other extremists. I, for one, can list plenty of males in the spotlight whose policies I firmly reject. It has nothing to do with Ms. Palin's gender.
Got an idea, If she is so EXTREME,a monster ,a teabagger,an idiot, then DON'T have her on national news everyday? What if she held a presser and no one showed ? For once lets discuss what's going on RIGHT NOW with our horrible economy and what is being done about it with the people who hold office currently.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Radiator Mechanic / Sports

Back to top Go down

Bachmann asked if she's a flake - Page 3 Empty Re: Bachmann asked if she's a flake

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:37 pm

We have a free press. I think, though, that if she wished to disappear into anonymity, it wouldn't be very difficult. Don't hold pressers. Don't go on bus tours. No more speeches, books, etc. Step out of the spotlight, and very quickly it moves away to shine on someone else. That doesn't seem to be an option she wishes to exercise (self-promotion perhaps?).

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:41 pm

Well, here she is for today, stansmad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamal-simmons/michele-bachmann-might-ju_b_886267.html

The title is "Michele Bachmann might just smoke Sarah Palin in the GOP primaries"

And the two fight it out for Queen of the Tea Party

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 pm

I almost posted that other one from today where she is whining about how the movie makers are so mean to her. Ever notice how she does the victim thing really well? That's one of the many stances she takes that have hurt her popularity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I for one never mentioned the 'P' word.....I said that it's untrue that Dems attack all Repub women politicians (that includes ex-politicians). There are reasonable & intelligent moderate Repub women lawmakers like Collins, Snowe, Murkowski, & others who aren't Tea-Monsters out to destroy America.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm

stansmad wrote:" Natural gas is clearly a better alternative than fossil fuels " Nancy Pelosi. ( Natural gas is a fossil fuel. ). " I have been to 57 states on the campaign trail " Barrack Obama. " I can see Russia from my house ". No, it was not Palin, it was Tina Fey. And on and on......... Why are these quotes buried in the media ? Why are people so scared of Republican women ? If they were Democrats, NOW (National org. of Women) would raise 40 kinds of hell about this. What about the media rifling through Palin e-mails ? Heard anything lately ? Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ? DOUBLE STANDARD !!!!!!!!!

Stansmad! Were you the one that brought up the P word first???

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:13 pm

So, how about Letterman calling her " slutty". Bill Maher calling her a " dumb tw*t ". Madonna hollering " Sarah effing Palin ." Letterman saying Bristol was sleeping with A-Rod. Would you personally allow anyone to talk about your children this way ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:18 pm

Tara wrote:
stansmad wrote:" Natural gas is clearly a better alternative than fossil fuels " Nancy Pelosi. ( Natural gas is a fossil fuel. ). " I have been to 57 states on the campaign trail " Barrack Obama. " I can see Russia from my house ". No, it was not Palin, it was Tina Fey. And on and on......... Why are these quotes buried in the media ? Why are people so scared of Republican women ? If they were Democrats, NOW (National org. of Women) would raise 40 kinds of hell about this. What about the media rifling through Palin e-mails ? Heard anything lately ? Probably pissed off they could not find anything juicy you think ? DOUBLE STANDARD !!!!!!!!!

Yes I did, I was clearly bringing up a quote that was hung on her and I brought up the fact that she never said it. It's obvious you are grasping at straws on this one.Why not reply to what I posted, because you have no answer ? Yep, that's what I thought.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:20 pm

Why is she such a threat to liberals ?
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 pm

It's her policies. Not her gender. Of course, the comedians' comments were tastless and sexist, but those are isolated instances IMHO. Such things do occur on the other side as well. Do you remember when Barbara Bush said that Hillary Clinton is "something that rhymes with 'witch'?

It is Palin's policies that liberals and a whole lot of moderates find so threatening. They are extreme right-wing policies, and they are perceived to be a threat whether they come males like Beck, Limbaugh, Ryan, Coburn, Paul, Paul, Gingrich, Boehner, DeMint, etc. or females like Palin and Bachmann.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Of course, I imagine that most liberals would want either Palin or Bachmann to run since it would almost certainly guarantee Pres. Obama's re-election.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:35 pm

Just out of curiosity, Stan, how would you vote in such an election? It's pretty clear how I would vote. In fact, do you think any of the announced or potential GOP candidates would be better for us unemployed than the current President (imperfect though he has been)?

How about on a couple of other big issues? I'm getting a bit up in years, so the future of Social Security and Medicare are becoming increasingly important to me. Your priorities may differ, but I'll bet my future on Obama and the Democrats as things currently stand. The alternative indeed frightens me, and that alternative is clearly (to me) presented by Bachmann, Palin, and a whole lot of other reactionary extremists, both female and male.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Continuing the Palin/Russia tangent, of course she didn't say that she can see Russia. That was Tina Fey (and it was comedy). Ms. Palin said that "you" can see Russia from Alaska. The problem is that Ms. Palin's little fifth or sixth grade level geography lesson was a rock stupid answer to the profound question posed regarding the role of the United States in the then current conflict between Russia and Georgia. It was a potentially explosive issue at the time. Telling us that Russia is "next-door" to Alaska was a totally off-the-wall response.

Last edited by truth on Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:48 am

stansmad wrote:Got an idea, If she is so EXTREME,a monster ,a teabagger,an idiot, then DON'T have her on national news everyday? What if she held a presser and no one showed ? For once lets discuss what's going on RIGHT NOW with our horrible economy and what is being done about it with the people who hold office currently.

People watch idiots. Some people like idiots or are incorrect in assuming they aren't idiots, some watch it for comic relief. Either way, that is why idiots get put on national news. You are defending an idiot, and if your opinion won't be swayed no matter what anyone says, why do you even bother asking for people to comment?

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:17 am

stan,

I think that there are plenty of threads discussing things that are being done and things that are being left undone by the people currently in office, one of whom is the topic of this thread.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:15 am

stansmad wrote:
Tara wrote:

Yes I did, I was clearly bringing up a quote that was hung on her and I brought up the fact that she never said it. It's obvious you are grasping at straws on this one.Why not reply to what I posted, because you have no answer ? Yep, that's what I thought.

For me, Sarah Palin epitomizes the worst of what the Republican party has become. That's why I will speak out against her every chance I get. Until 2008, I was a Republican, stansmad. I

I watched Sarah Palin manipulate, tell half truths and lies about our President being a Muslim and questioning his nationality. It caused a firestorm in our country by lighting a match to racism. Many followed and believed her outrageous claims. It sickened me.

Sarah Palin is a caricature of what a politician should be. I also feel very afraid of her and afraid of those like her because there are far too many folks who follow her lies blindly. We already fought and won the war for Civil Rights. Now, Republicans like Sarah Paley and Ron Paul cheapen our values, tarnish what so many have fought so hard for. I hate what she represents.

During healthcare reform debates, she was right there stoking the public fears. She claimed that new legislature that provided an end of life care option meeting for the elderly that is paid for by Medicare was a death panel for grandma and grandpa! She relies on half truths and overheated rhetoric to stir up people's emotions and I find her disgusting.

It sickens me that the GOP backs her ignorance and has promoted her as a serious pubic figure; she is the exact opposite of that. It sickens me that Republicans believe women are so stupid; so maleable that we would ever accept Sarah Palin as a serious woman who could represent women's rights.

So you asked me a serious question and I gave you a serious answer.

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 am

Right, and your opinions and support of your party has everything solved for us! Or is it possible they can take us to the road to hell! Nah!! They have no flaws!! They are the perfect party and its mind boggling how we cannot see that!! Hum!! Maybe its because some of us have intelligence !
Oh! That goes for both sides of the isle! Good and bad on every side...
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Palin aside, Bachman claims headlines again today as the Tea Party Darling. They are calling her Goldilocks - Santorum, Cain and Paul being too hot, Romney and Huntsman cold and Bachman just right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/29/bachmann-supporters-bullish_n_887529.html

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:46 pm

RanBrow123 wrote:
stansmad wrote:Got an idea, If she is so EXTREME,a monster ,a teabagger,an idiot, then DON'T have her on national news everyday? What if she held a presser and no one showed ? For once lets discuss what's going on RIGHT NOW with our horrible economy and what is being done about it with the people who hold office currently.

People watch idiots. Some people like idiots or are incorrect in assuming they aren't idiots, some watch it for comic relief. Either way, that is why idiots get put on national news. You are defending an idiot, and if your opinion won't be swayed no matter what anyone says, w hy do you even bother asking for people to comment?
OK, fine you feel she is an idiot. No problem, however this idiot had more political experience than Obama ever had period. How many bills did he sponsor when in the Senate ? He is a community organizer that's all and it is sure showing. People wanted a fresh face and they got it. I now hear that Geitner is going to resign soon. That is 5 people from his economic council to leave since he has taken office. He exhibits ZERO leadership skills. After spending over 800 BILLION in stimulus he claimed there would be more shovel ready jobs and the unemployment rate would be under 8 %. It stands at 9.1% and we all know it excludes millions of us. The press is carrying his water for him. If W were in office right now with a 14 trillion dollar debt and 9.1% unemployment rate there would be scathing reviews every single day . Over 40 million on food stamps, the highest ever. Tara- my pick for President is ABO ! ANYBODY BUT OWEBAMA !
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:07 pm

stansmad wrote:OK, fine you feel she is an idiot. No problem, however this idiot had more political experience than Obama ever had period. How many bills did he sponsor when in the Senate ? He is a community organizer that's all and it is sure showing. People wanted a fresh face and they got it. I now hear that Geitner is going to resign soon. That is 5 people from his economic council to leave since he has taken office. He exhibits ZERO leadership skills. After spending over 800 BILLION in stimulus he claimed there would be more shovel ready jobs and the unemployment rate would be under 8 %. It stands at 9.1% and we all know it excludes millions of us. The press is carrying his water for him. If W were in office right now with a 14 trillion dollar debt and 9.1% unemployment rate there would be scathing reviews every single day . Over 40 million on food stamps, the highest ever. Tara- my pick for President is ABO ! ANYBODY BUT OWEBAMA !

Why does everything go back to Obama with you? I think Sarah Palin is an idiot and Obama is a marshmallow. If you're in part addressing Tara, fine, address Tara, but why are you arguing about how weak Obama has been with me? I'm well aware and in complete agreement. Doesn't change the fact that I'm going to vote for him because I'll take him over a republican president any day.

Whether you want to believe it or not, voting for a republican president is basically voting against your own financial interests. You might agree with some of the issues they stand for (pro-life, pro-gun, etc) but as far as the financial interests of yourself and the country, you're voting against that when you vote republican. Voting against your own interests because you're angry at how the government is screwing you is exactly what the people who would see you rot and die want. They want you to lay the blame SOLELY on Obama's shoulders, when clearly there are a lot of people on both sides to blame.

Regarding the stimulus thing, are you aware that a Nobel Prize winning economist suggested back in late 2008-2009 that the stimulus wouldn't work because it wasn't enough. His having to compromise with republicans made it so it was doomed to fail because it didn't go far enough. But they've manipulated you, they've orchestrated it that way and now they want to pin the blame on Obama. They realize that it's intuitive to think that if it didn't work it was a waste of money, unfortunately economics can be extremely counter-intuitive.

In short: They're working you and you're falling for it. It's not your fault, though, it's theirs. They're taking advantage of your fear and anxiety. You're angry because they're screwing you, but they're lying to you and making you think it's someone else's fault. You're a victim, here, and I feel every bit as bad for you as I do for all the other victims. I can only hope someday you'll wake up and realize that they're manipulating you.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:19 pm

Every thing goes back to Obama because he is the PRESIDENT, isn't he ? A Nobel Prize winning economist said the stimulus wasn't enough ? Need I remind you that Barrack Obama also won a Nobel for PEACE ? That statement is laughable to say the least. Next will they will give him the Heisman trophy for watching a football game ! EVERY TIME a conservative tries to make a point about politics the left claims we are " brainwashed", "hypnotized ", etc. That assessment is really old and worn out. Please try something new. Explain to me just what Obama has accomplished that is the reason he will get your vote.
stansmad
stansmad
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:15 pm

stansmad wrote:Every thing goes back to Obama because he is the PRESIDENT, isn't he ?

The president is not a dictator. His word is not anybody's command, things have to go through a process to get done. He's guilty of some things, but to blame him for everything is ridiculous. Just like when democrats say everything was GWB's fault, they're wrong too. Everyone has some blame, but nobody has ALL the blame.

stansmad wrote:A Nobel Prize winning economist said the stimulus wasn't enough ? Need I remind you that Barrack Obama also won a Nobel for PEACE ? That statement is laughable to say the least. Next will they will give him the Heisman trophy for watching a football game !

I thought it would go without saying, but the twp guys I am talking about (Paul Krugman and Joseph Stiglitz) both won Nobel Prizes in Economics, not the Peace Prize. Krugman in 2008, and Stiglitz in 2001. Even if you don't think that means anything, the fact that economists were coming out saying it wouldn't be enough should be worth something to you.

stansmad wrote:EVERY TIME a conservative tries to make a point about politics the left claims we are " brainwashed", "hypnotized ", etc. That assessment is really old and worn out. Please try something new.

How else do you explain a bunch of middle class and lower class americans blatantly voting against their own interests time and time again? You've been lied to and you believe it. It's not your fault, it's the liars fault. If they hadn't told these lies to begin with, you'd have no lies to fall for. When a con-man runs a scam on an elderly couple, do you blame the couple for "being dumb enough to fall for it" or do you blame the con-man for being a no-good con. They weren't dumb, the con was just good at what he does: being a dirty con.

stansmad wrote:Explain to me just what Obama has accomplished that is the reason he will get your vote.

I've stated numerous times, the reason Obama gets my vote has less to do with what he has (or hasn't) accomplished and more to do with what I fear a republican president WILL accomplish.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:50 pm

stansmad wrote:A Nobel Prize winning economist said the stimulus wasn't enough ? Need I remind you that Barrack Obama also won a Nobel for PEACE ? That statement is laughable to say the least. Next will they will give him the Heisman trophy for watching a football game !

I believe Henry Kissinger also won a Nobel Peace Prize.....
LBJ was close to reaching an agreement with the Vietnam War in 1968
However people acting on Nixons behalf persuaded the North Vietnamese to sabotage those peace talks, untill Nixon got elected...

When the Peace was finally signed (1973? or was it 75??) it was essentially the SAME agreement proposed in 1968...So that Peace Prize
winner was escentily responsible for about at least a million needless deaths...

So much for Nobel Peace Prizes...

Incidentally its highly ILLEGAL for such agents to negotiate with foreign powers in such a manner....

But then maybe we should discuss soon to be Vice-President Geo Bushs trips to Paris during the Iran hostage crisis, as well as bill Caseys...

Whoops TWO big R presidents caught in illegal dealling with foreign powers...I detect a pattern...

To get back to the question ""IS Bachman a Flake?"" I have always been partial to Tony the Tiger myself....There GRRrreat!
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:57 pm

She's an idiot and its been confirmed by many sources sorry.
She doesn't believe in the min wage, she thinks we should get rid of it.
Stop watching TV news and go out and read.

Mitt never created a job one in his home state, and also ran a company ,that bought up and closed american companys and ship them off to China, also confirmed.

Unless you hear someone talking about how to get the Jobs back from China with a plan to do so,they are blowing smoke.

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by theend Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm

"wouldn't be enough should be worth something to you." China spent 5 times what the US did !

theend
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next