Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 pm

All they have to do is stay out their houses and the Democratic senators will be fine. Obviously they will eventually have to go eventually. I know that in the federal congress if they don't show up to a quorum call they will send the national guard or the police to find them and bring them to the capitol.

If the democrats can't win back Wisconsin after this mess there is a problem in the party in general. No one in that state will forget this.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:25 pm

JaneWI wrote:Rep. Paul Ryan compares Wisconsin protests to Cairo

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/02/paul-ryan-wisconsin-protests-egypt/1[/quote]so wasnt paul ryan backing the protestors in egypt or did he flip now
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:27 pm

kjps12 wrote:
JaneWI wrote:Rep. Paul Ryan compares Wisconsin protests to Cairo

so]http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2011/02/paul-ryan-wisconsin-protests-egypt/1
so wasnt paul ryan backing the protestors in egypt or did he flip now

I have no idea what he was getting at.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 pm

wow haryy reid wants to fight
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:34 pm

they have not cut 100 billion in 50 years now they want to do it in 1 day. this is comical
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:55 pm

stilllooking wrote:Ha Ha
Just reported none of the Dems showed up so they can't vote now.
Just heard on the radio that Wisconsin's Dem State Senators went to Illinois to prevent a quorum!!

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I know that in the federal congress if they don't show up to a quorum call they will send the national guard or the police to find them and bring them to the capitol.
Think that's why they went across state lines into Illinois!! Cool

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:06 pm

Phillymg wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:I know that in the federal congress if they don't show up to a quorum call they will send the national guard or the police to find them and bring them to the capitol.

Oh right, sometimes I miss the obvious.

I didn't consider that neither the national guard or the state police would have jurisdiction in Illinois.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:13 pm

The truly sad thing is there are many people incredibly happy that the governor wants to take away the right to collective bargaining.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by zeke Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah! And when WI goes bankrupt , and all the paychecks bounce, kids are taught in lecture halls or home schooled with computer classes, those teachers can live right there in the streets where they protested! These are some of the same smug bastards who said 99 ers are lazy, go to McDonalds, etc. I find it amusing when it happens to me, tough Doo Doo, when it happens to them, I SHOULD CARE!?!?! After two years of unemployment, they will be happy if they can find a job...
zeke
zeke
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:19 pm

This reminds of a snowball that runs downhill. It starts out small but with nothing to stand in the way it will grow bigger. Some folks mocked people who said what happened in Egypt could not happen here. NOT HERE people said? American workers don't have the balls they said. Well look what is happening now??

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:
Phillymg wrote:
Oh right, sometimes I miss the obvious.

I didn't consider that neither the national guard or the state police would have jurisdiction in Illinois.
Something like this hasn't happened since 2003 when Dems in the Texas state house took off for Oklahoma & Dems in the Texas state senate hid out in New Mexico!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quorum

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:22 pm

zeke wrote:Yeah! And when WI goes bankrupt , and all the paychecks bounce, kids are taught in lecture halls or home schooled with computer classes, those teachers can live right there in the streets where they protested! These are some of the same smug bastards who said 99 ers are lazy, go to McDonalds, etc. I find it amusing when it happens to me, tough Doo Doo, when it happens to them, I SHOULD CARE!?!?! After two years of unemployment, they will be happy if they can find a job...

Please read the following editorial. Some people are saying the budget crisis is being staged to take away the collective bargaining from public workers. If this passes in WI, then it could snowball to other states. If collective bargaining is taken away from public workers I don't see much of a future for collective bargaining in the private sector.

http://host.madison.com/ct/news/opinion/editorial/article_61064e9a-27b0-5f28-b6d1-a57c8b2aaaf6.html
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:25 pm

I heard Ohio is next--there's a bill coming up just like Wisconsin's to remove state workers' bargaining rights. Maybe their Dems will hide out in Pennsylvania!!

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I do kind of wonder where they are hiding out and when they will be located. IL would be an obvious choice, but from IL, either Indiana or Iowa wouldn't be too far away.

The thing is, Upper Michigan could be a good choice. Wink Not too many people would think to look there. lol!
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm

Phillymg wrote:I heard Ohio is next--there's a bill coming up just like Wisconsin's to remove state workers' bargaining rights. Maybe their Dems will hide out in Pennsylvania!!

The way they run they will be in NY in no time. Then its boats to CHINA. affraid They better leave there tails at home or they will wind up on the menu.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:02 pm

The topic for the next two hours on WPR is going to be the protests in Madison and everything involved with that. The host is excellent and is worth a listen. You can listen online, just make sure to click under "ideas network".

http://www.wpr.org/webcasting/live.cfm
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:12 pm

It's getting worse. State Police have been called in to round up Democrats and return them to the state capitol so that Republicans can vote on the measure. Without a single Democrat in the chamber, the Republicans cannot vote on the measure.

Didn't something similar to this happen a few years ago, in another state?

Also, the vote has been postponed due to this strike by Wisconsin Democrats:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41644074/ns/us_news-life/

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 3 Empty About 1,800 descend on Ohio Statehouse to protest changes to collective bargaining

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:33 pm

People in Ohio are protesting changes to collective bargaining.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2011/02/hundreds_descend_on_ohio_state.html
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:35 pm

Does anyone from Ohio know more about this?
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 pm

I'm right next to Ohio. I'll listen to the local news and find out.

This is going to happen in every state soon.
I think I'm going to look up an article about this going on in NJ also and make a thread for that one too.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:38 pm

@Jen, good idea! Labor causes are important to me, especially after reading about the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire and the history around that as well as learning about Francis Perkins.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:40 pm

JaneWI wrote:Does anyone from Ohio know more about this?

Abbie would know

I am going to email Boehner SO BE IT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Well, it seems that all of the predictions of mass protests happening in the US by summer 2011 are coming true! Imagine what all of the protesters are going to do when they go ahead and pass all of this stuff. Get ready for the second American Revolution.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:46 pm

JaneWI wrote:@Jen, good idea! Labor causes are important to me, especially after reading about the Triangle Shirtwaist Fire and the history around that as well as learning about Francis Perkins.
I can't find any articles on it.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next