Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 19 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 19 Cspan_live_play-1

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 19 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

+39
Mags
concernedinKY
Tresa
sportsnut
mrmarti
flowergirl
springflowers
Patriot
mj
dmbishop
Angelika
pc
kellylee123
KeeptheFaith
TR11005
Jeff
jj
L.J.
aloneinpa
dnky7070
Sad American
Feyth
kalst13
js123
MoInSTL
Phillymg
kjps12
lendmeflight2
JaneWI
Corinne
Sunrise
Kat
ET
Riled American
stilllooking
zeke
mrgolf
Quiethawk
Jen
43 posters

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 19 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:38 am

Interesting, I just read their 4 page letter on "Swift and Certain Sanctions Act". Sounds more like BIG BROTHER and "Do as I say not as I do". These are scary times and the door was open for THEM on 11/3/2010 plus the Supreme Court and their political decision to open the floodgates of $$$$$ into these groups and campaigns. After 8 yrs of the Bush tenure, the RIGHT has amass the wealth hands down IMO.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights! - Page 19 Empty Re: Wisconsin, Ohio, and other states having protests against governor bills to get rid of collective bargaining rights!

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 am

mj wrote:Hi Jane & friends ~ we did see the "legal observer signs" & we asked one of them & they said they are volunteers who monitor protests & they were doing some explaining when we had to keep moving with the crowd so we didn't get to hear the whole picture. But it certainly sounded interesting I'm going to read your article when I'm done ~ we are going to leave shortly for madison & stay as long as the weather will permit us ~ fortunately we have a 4 wheel drive vehicle in the group & I volunteered to drive it as I'm not afraid of the snow but when it gets icy we will be on our way home even if we only get a few hours it will be worth it! Will update when we return ~ you said you are 2 hours away to the north or south ~ we're in Oostburg

Someone from Oostburg was mentioned on Huffington Post. Maybe that was you. I'm from north of Madison.

Best of luck with the snow and rally today. Smile I so wish I could be there, but I'm concerned my little car wouldn't handle the roads on the way back from Madison. Depending on the weather I'm going to try and make it tomorrow.

Last edited by JaneWI on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaning up the quote)
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:41 am

where are you Jane
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Human Resources

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:42 am

Oh I agree WI is just the beginning BUT there's a mass movement that has started and I hope it continues into all the states mine included because I will be out there. HR 589 and the Budget CUTS against those that desperately need them, is not going to stop unless they see the masses of people as what is NOW taking place. Its has to stop because THAT train is gaining speed since the November elections and they are feeling their oats big time!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:42 am

mj wrote:where are you Jane

I'm in the beautiful Fox River Valley. Smile It's about 30 miles south of Green Bay.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

Check Out "Latest Topics" mins ago and the article I posted about the Koch Brothers.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:44 am

oops I missed your location ~ yes that could have been us ~ I think Sara & some of the others were interviewed by the Huffington Post
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:54 am

http://www.alec.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=History&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=13643

Interesting history...started reading here and who pops up as a kind of ALEC founding father

At that meeting in 1973 -snip-

John Kasich of Ohio, all of whom moved on to become governors or members of Congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:55 am

Patriot wrote:Check Out "Latest Topics" mins ago and the article I posted about the Koch Brothers.

I saw the article and now can't seem to find my way back.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:03 am

I found an article at Mother Jones that states a lot of Walker's campaign money came from the Koch brothers.

http://motherjones.com/mojo/2011/02/wisconsin-scott-walker-koch-brothers
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:09 am

Here's an article written in the New Yorker entitled "Covert Operation" The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama. It was published August 2010. Little history is always informative.
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/08/30/100830fa_fact_mayer

Good to read all the news on the new site...thank you admin for creating a new place for us to network, share, and support!!

flowergirl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jj Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

Jane & mj:

God bless you both for doing what you are doing.

I had a bad experience years ago, and you two are much braver than I, for sure.

What you are doing for your state of WI is wonderful. Keep up the good work! sunny
jj
jj
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:13 am

flowergirl, thank you for posting the link. It looks like a worthwhile read that I'm going to have to print. Wink

I second your thanks to the admins of this site. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mj Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:15 am

getting ready to take off again today ~ will try to post during the day from my phone ~ will try to stay as long as we can as long as the snow comes down that's fine but when the ice hits we are outta there!
mj
mj
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:16 am

jj, it's too bad you had a negative experience years ago. That was in Chicago, right? I think I remember someone mentioning this. If I remember correctly, Chicago was pretty hostile in 1968, but my memories are only from reading a little on the topic.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:19 am

mj wrote:getting ready to take off again today ~ will try to post during the day from my phone ~ will try to stay as long as we can as long as the snow comes down that's fine but when the ice hits we are outta there!

Good luck! It looks like the bad weather has hit Madison. Stay warm, dry and safe.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:54 am

I think this guy makes great videos.

Revolt spreads, outcomes uncertain. Budget cuts; End military action save billions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVhFqnNcPH4

Wisconsin and Ohio strikes! Don't buy the lies on unions, they are a psy-op
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D2yXAVnkgA

Last edited by Jen on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/19/madison-protests_n_825616.html Huffpost article on the protest.

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Jen wrote:I think this guy makes great videos.

Revolt spreads, outcomes uncertain. Budget cuts; End military action save billions

That's a great video. The cat is cute. Smile He has a lot of good points and I hope he gets a lot of supportive followers.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Merged with WI OH CO IN thread.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:14 pm

Has anybody read up on this guy Walker--he opposes abortion even in cases of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life--& says pharmacists should be able to refuse to fill prescriptions for the Pill & Diaphragms. Let me get this right.....women can't have birth control (which makes them more likely to have unplanned pregnancies) & they can't have legal abortions (which will result when he prevents them from getting birth control). WOMAN HATER WALKER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_(politician)#2010_Wisconsin_gubernatorial_campaign

No wonder he's attacking collective bargaining for teachers many of whom are women.

In case anybody's wondering why I care about the abortion issue.....we have close friends who had a severely deformed baby a few years back. The baby was doomed to have a horribly painful existence & to die at age of 3 mos. After that tragedy our friends were fortunate to have another child who was healthy. Last year they got pregnant again but tests showed the same tragic defects as their first child. They made the agonizing decision to have an abortion. If it were up to Governor Walker our friends would've had to seek a back-alley abortion which could even kill the mother & leave her husband a widower & their child without a mother. Walker is so backward.....wants us to go back to the 1800s.

Last edited by Phillymg on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:18 pm

Jen wrote:I think this guy makes great videos.

That was a good video everyone should watch. I will share it as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:25 pm

Phillymg wrote:Has anybody read up on this guy Walker--he opposes abortion even in cases of rape, incest, or to save the mother's life--& says pharmacists should be able to refuse to fill prescriptions for the Pill & Diaphragms. Let me get this right.....women can't have birth control (which makes them more likely to have unplanned pregnancies) & they can't have legal abortions (which will result when he prevents them from getting birth control). WOMAN HATER WALKER.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scott_Walker_(politician)#2010_Wisconsin_gubernatorial_campaign

No wonder he's attacking collective bargaining for teachers many of whom are women.

He's just the "poster-child" of the moment representing an entire movement on a mission to crush the rights and protections of women, children, elderly, sick and disabled, the jobless, the working poor, and the middle class - all in the name of "American's for Proserity", of course.

Kat
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Walker gave an interview where he said that he asked to negotiate with a few of the unions in the fall of 2010 before he took office but they refused to meet with him. *OF COURSE THEY REFUSED*--he didn't have any legal authority to negotiate with them on behalf of the Governor's office at that time because he hadn't yet been sworn in. Such meetings would even have been against Wisconsin state law. Since taking office he's refused to meet with union leaders.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Phillymg wrote:Walker gave an interview where he said that he asked to negotiate with a few of the unions in the fall of 2010 before he took office but they refused to meet with him. *OF COURSE THEY REFUSED*--he didn't have any legal authority to negotiate with them on behalf of the Governor's office at that time because he hadn't yet been sworn in. Such meetings would even have been against Wisconsin state law. Since taking office he's refused to meet with union leaders.

Not enough people know the laws to know that Walker's proposed meeting would have been illegal. To them it just looks like the unions are not cooperating.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 36 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next