Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love

+16
jj
X
Jen
Jenny
rubeNG
ThatGirlintheOC
MoInSTL
cheri
motherof3boys
JaneWI
Sovereign
elvis44102
Tresa
Sunrise
L.J.
kellylee123
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Empty Re: All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:11 pm

kellylee123 wrote:i think stewie has a ear infection.....i hate this i cant afford to take him to vet till i make my move to florida...anyone have any ideas to soothe his ears

Important to get it treated, note article:

"Dogs with ear infections are miserable. Their ears are a source of constant pain resulting in head shaking and scratching. However, that is not the only problem. Head shaking and scratching can also cause broken blood vessels in the ear flap, requiring surgery, and chronic ear infections can penetrate the ear drum and result in an internal ear infection."
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Bite Training My Pup!

Back to top Go down

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Empty Re: All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:16 pm

im pretty sure its allergies.....he started licking his paws a few months ago...i was told thats a sign of allergies..now he keeps shaking his head ears arnt red or anything but you can tell his ears r bothering him ..i cleaned them out with some ear wash earlier n he seems to be less bothered...
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:19 pm

kellylee123 wrote:i think stewie has a ear infection.....i hate this i cant afford to take him to vet till i make my move to florida...anyone have any ideas to soothe his ears

Do you note a smell from ear (yea, gotta stick your nose there & smell)
Usually, an ear infection will have odor;

Or the ear may just need cleaned, My dog itches when just cleaning needed;
You can use 50/50 white vinegar & water,
then NO Q-TIPS, cotten ball to wipe out (after dog shakes head & solution out, this looses & gets it out!)
the white vinegar also acts as a anti yeast wash.
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:23 pm

i ve been reading all morning i think its yeast...it has a bad fruity smell and kinda yellow wax....im gonna call the vet...ugh
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:25 pm

kellylee123 wrote:im pretty sure its allergies.....he started licking his paws a few months ago...i was told thats a sign of allergies..now he keeps shaking his head ears arnt red or anything but you can tell his ears r bothering him ..i cleaned them out with some ear wash earlier n he seems to be less bothered...

Also, if you have cats, they can also get ear mites.
But, after cleaning, the mite should be visible as white spec, moving, on debris.
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:26 pm

kellylee123 wrote:i ve been reading all morning i think its yeast...it has a bad fruity smell and kinda yellow wax....im gonna call the vet...ugh

yes, that is best.

Also, I called around, found farm vets that treat small animals, the cheapest,
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:32 pm

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Img_0112
This is Whiskers - she thinks that she is a dog (she chases small dogs and wolfs down her food like a dog) Smile

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Img_0113

This is Svartee - she thinks that she is human (she talks a lot) Smile
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:08 pm

kellylee123 wrote:im pretty sure its allergies.....he started licking his paws a few months ago...i was told thats a sign of allergies..now he keeps shaking his head ears arnt red or anything but you can tell his ears r bothering him ..i cleaned them out with some ear wash earlier n he seems to be less bothered...

Aww poor stewie. Did you try just cleaning them with q tips gently?

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:49 pm

Jobless_in_MA (Admin) wrote:

yeah, n he lets me touch n rub his ears but he tries to rub them with his paws hes not scratching just kinda rubbing...n they smell terrible

i really dont think its mites cause hes on advantix n vet said it prevents anything like that..u can just tell they r bothering him...i think being couped in the house doesnt help he always gets something in the winter it seems last winter he started the paw licking but when spring hits n we r outside more it seems to go away......my vet is going to call me back tommorow
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:57 pm

There are drops for that. its inexpensive. Hope he gets well soon. Poor lil bugger. That face and look of his cracks me up everytime!

Back to top Go down

Post by kellylee123 Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Jobless_in_MA (Admin) wrote:There are drops for that. its inexpensive. Hope he gets well soon. Poor lil bugger. That face and look of his cracks me up everytime!

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 20081113

this look...
kellylee123
kellylee123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:38 pm

[quote="Jobless_in_MA (Admin

Aww poor stewie. Did you try just cleaning them with q tips gently?[/quote]

Using Q-Tips on a Dog's ear, Pushes the Debris Farther into the ear =

Q-TIPS A NO NO
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm

Tresa wrote:[quote="Jobless_in_MA (Admin

Using Q-Tips on a Dog's ear, Pushes the Debris Farther into the ear =

Q-TIPS A NO NO[/quote]

Use COTTON BALLS
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:40 pm

http://www.folexcompany.com/ Someone posted a link for this stuff before. I just wanted to bring it back it works great for accidents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:44 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.folexcompany.com/ Someone posted a link for this stuff before. I just wanted to bring it back it works great for accidents.

??? Spot Remover?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tresa Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:50 pm

Sunrise wrote:

What makes you think that it is an ear infection?

If it is a bacterial infection, do you have any human amoxicillin handy?

Amoxicillin will make a Yeast infection Worse:

Please Get the Proper Meds!! From Vet!
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatGirlintheOC Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:23 am

This was the love of my life, Alexander. He got hyperthyroidism back in 2008 and I was able to get him treated for it and keep him on medication, but this past December, his health deteriorated rapidly and he past away two days after Christmas. He was two months shy of his 18th birthday. I am very lucky to have had him as part of my life that long. I miss him so much. It was just him and me and now it is just me. I feel so alone.

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Al_on_12
2/14/1993 - 12/27/2010
ThatGirlintheOC
ThatGirlintheOC
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Computers, reading, writing, cats

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 am

Sorry Crying or Very sad ThatGirl. I know the pain of losing a loved kitty. They become such a part of you, your life - definitely a Family Member.

I have 2 cats and I can't imagine life without them.

Are you financially able to adopt a cat now?
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatGirlintheOC Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:47 am

Thanks Sunrise. No, unfortunately, I can't afford one right now. When and if I do get a job, I will get one.
ThatGirlintheOC
ThatGirlintheOC
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:49 am

ThatGirlintheOC wrote:This was the love of my life, Alexander. He got hyperthyroidism back in 2008 and I was able to get him treated for it and keep him on medication, but this past December, his health deteriorated rapidly and he past away two days after Christmas. He was two months shy of his 18th birthday. I am very lucky to have had him as part of my life that long. I miss him so much. It was just him and me and now it is just me. I feel so alone.

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Al_on_12
2/14/1993 - 12/27/2010

IM sorry to hear that. I had to put down one of our cats recently and it was very emotional. She did love to be 16 years old though, and had a good life.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:53 am

ThatGirlintheOC wrote:Thanks Sunrise. No, unfortunately, I can't afford one right now. When and if I do get a job, I will get one.

Come on now - it's not a matter of if. Instead it is when you get That Job. Very Happy

When I decided to adopt, I got 2 kittens because I wanted them to have each other's company when I traveled or was not at home. They were cute as kittens - grooming and snuggling while sleeping. Not any more - independent of each other and their play fights can sometimes become a little too aggressive for my tastes. Nevertheless, they are Sweeties who keep me in good company. cat

Last edited by Sunrise on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ThatGirlintheOC Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:17 am

Thanks, Jobless. Sorry to hear about your kitty. 16 years is a good long life. Sunrise, I know, I have to stop saying "if" or nothing will ever come out of it. Have to be positive and believe it will all work out in the end.
ThatGirlintheOC
ThatGirlintheOC
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Lets see them pet pics! I know there are many members members with pets.

Lets see them furry lil beasts. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rubeNG Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:06 am

All animal lovers post your pet pics here!!! Share the Love - Page 3 Mrbrow10
rubeNG
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:56 am

Everyone can see what my cat looks like because he's in my profile information. Wink

Last edited by JaneWI on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : couldn't figure out picture hosting....)
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next