Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Cspan_live_play-1

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

+23
Kathy
Keilowkei
TMKLBMT
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
nuttin2lose
pdsnickels
doreenb
Jen
gonzofl
trotter39
kellylee123
jj
child of the King
wowwhathappen
KeeptheFaith
MaryKayCoyne
mrmarti
Kimmymc
stilllooking
concernedinKY
mrgolf
27 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:14 am

This whole saga is getting ridiculous! Lee introduced it and knows its DOA!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:37 am

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:This whole saga is getting ridiculous! Lee introduced it and knows its DOA!

It is NOT DOA, it's still in committee and gaining support, it's up to 69 co-sponsors from 57. We need to keep at those in the House that didn't co-sponsor and the Ways and Means Committee. The only thing that 'died' is the amendment version that she attempted to attach to another bill. H.R. 589 IS NOT DOA.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 am

So Far nothing is passed without HUGE delay in the Obama Admin. Re: UE extensions........Just saying....once more
prove me wrong...

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:46 am

Senate Filibuster Temporarily Delay's Unemployment Extension

5.0000/5 rating

var vt = new ElementRating('element-rating-1', '/component/zoo/?view=element&task=callelement&format=raw&item_id=413996&element=rating');

Print Article

addthis_pub = 'ozarksfirst';
addthis_brand = 'ozarksfirst.com';
addthis_options = 'email, favorites, digg, delicious, myspace, facebook';
addthis_offset_left = -110;
addthis_newurl = location.href;
addthis_newurlprefix = (location.href.indexOf('?')) ? '&' : '?';
addthis_newurl += addthis_newurlprefix+'shr=addthis';
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 Button1-share

Tuesday, March 01 2011

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 220x165
(Jefferson City, MO) -- A Republican filibuster of a Republican sponsored bill in the Senate Tuesday delayed passage of a bill that would extend federal unemployment benefits for workers who've been out of work up to 99 weeks.

Sen. Jim Lembke, R-St. Charles, said that Missouri should send a message about fiscal responsibility to the federal government by rejecting an $81 million extension, and led an hour and a half long filibuster of the bill along with Sen. Rob Schaaf, R-St. Joseph, and Sen. Brian Nieves, R-St. Louis.

But Senate President Pro Tem, Rob Mayer, R-Dexter, challenged the Lembke's position.

Although Mayer agreed federal spending was out of hand, he said this was the wrong bill to take a stand on and that many Missourian's unable to find work could legitimately use the funds and that unused money would simply be redistributed to other states.

The unemployment benefit extension bill has already passed the House of Representatives and is expected to easily pass the Senate when it comes up for a vote, likely this week.

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:54 am

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 618340

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 am

Garbage! Nothing to do with 589
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:05 am

nuttin2lose wrote:Thank you for getting this topic back on track. It should be for ADVOCATING!!
bump

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:38 am

This guy?

He's the one we need to slam and slam and beat down and continue to slam and slam until he's so sick of hearing from us that he throws his arms up and says, 'FINE, I'LL TAKE IT TO THE FLOOR'.

http://camp.house.gov/

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 987247
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 am

concernedinKY wrote:This guy?

He's the one we need to slam and slam and beat down and continue to slam and slam until he's so sick of hearing from us that he throws his arms up and says, 'FINE, I'LL TAKE IT TO THE FLOOR'.

EXACTLY Any decision on advancing the bill sits directly with him.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:00 pm

I would recommend:

A. Don't beg.

B. Don't say please.

C. Be respectful.

D. Be respectful while you demand that the job our tax dollars paid them to do for years gets done.

E. Be short and to the point.

Dear Mr. Camp

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Bring H.R. 589 to the floor for a vote.

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:05 pm

You know how many times I have faxed, emailed, called the House Ways and Means Committee? So many that I think I am now probably on their crazy people radar list!

Is this working? I dont know. It is too quiet now. Not hearing anything about HR 589. I tend to agree with unemployed2long. I need to hear something from an important source.

There also needs to be way more people fighting for this. A few hundred people faxing, calling, emailing? They ignore us or laugh at us.

I have emailed Debbie Stabenow to co-sponser this bill several times and she is not answering. She has kind of just faded away from the unemployment issue.

So what is the answer? I am tired of feeling like I am alone with just you guys in this fight. What happened to the millions of unemployed? Where are they in this fight?

Ok, now I am back to my faxing, emailing, calling again.
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 pm

Stabenow can't co-sponsor this bill, I don't believe, because it originated in the House. She can support it if it makes it out of committee and passes through the House to the Senate.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:15 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:

To E Mail him here you need a MI Address and zip code, any way around this?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 pm

Use Grand Rapids, MI Zip codes
49501, 49502, 49503
Make up a street name and number

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:18 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/zip_codes/MI.htm

Then use something like 'Main Street'. There's always a Main Street.

OR... use one of the streets listed at the bottom of the page and just change it up or down a number.

concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:33 pm

concernedinKY wrote:

Dear Mr. Camp

I am writing you today as a long term unemployed American. In a time when unemployment is so high, when there is one job for every five job seekers, millions of Americans simply cannot be left behind. We are tax paying citizens that are responsible for each and every one of you still being employed. We deserve to be treated better than this. Bring H.R. 589 to the floor for a vote.

Respectfully,

An AMERICAN CITIZEN,

Insert name here.
Good letter. Short and to the point
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:39 pm

laramel wrote:Use Grand Rapids, MI Zip codes
49501, 49502, 49503
Make up a street name and number
There was a post yesterday with all the Congressperson's addresses. I wish I remeber where is was. You can always use the zip code from the Congressperson's home office
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:45 pm

concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:54 pm

Even if Stabenow cant sponser Hr 589 she can talk about the unemployed and she is not talking.

How many co-sponsers is enough?
Kathy
Kathy
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kman Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:01 pm

FYI - Traverse City zip with plus four 49684-2284
kman
kman
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:48 pm

Is this posted somewhere where it always available and easy to find?
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:49 pm

bump AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 618340 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 5 987247

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 pm

mrgolf wrote:

Now it is. It should be at the top of every section in the announcements.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:05 pm

concernedinKY wrote:
mrgolf wrote:

Now it is. It should be at the top of every section in the announcements.
Thanks. Important information.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:29 pm

concernedinKY wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:

http://www.mongabay.com/igapo/zip_codes/MI.htm

Then use something like 'Main Street'. There's always a Main Street.

OR... use one of the streets listed at the bottom of the page and just change it up or down a number.

BUMP

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next