Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

+23
Kathy
Keilowkei
TMKLBMT
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
nuttin2lose
pdsnickels
doreenb
Jen
gonzofl
trotter39
kellylee123
jj
child of the King
wowwhathappen
KeeptheFaith
MaryKayCoyne
mrmarti
Kimmymc
stilllooking
concernedinKY
mrgolf
27 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Keilowkei Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:56 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:All the hoopla, and I think its another dud! Big show again!

I really hope you are wrong(no offense)..But after that stenbow bill that seemed like it was something fishy to me anyway..Waiting until they were almost on break for elections to bring it up..I hope this gets passed..Because if they can't get us 14 weeks anything else like a tier 5 ETC..Seems far fetched...14 weeks isnt much since most have been w/o a job years and no income for months a pon months..I doubt the job market will be any better in 14 weeks..If it was to pass soon...But IMO this is a stepping stone Im hoping..Maybe if this gets passed they start to work on a tier 5 and something to give businesses an incentive to hire the long term U.E..Also they really need to work on something for job creation...But if H.R589 does get passed we all know it can take for ever to get anything passed for the U.E with them taking vacations every time you turn around..Plus the games they play with it being in a committee let alone when it finally makes it to the floor...BUt its not time to give up if anything its time to kick our efforts into overdrive..I hope they came back today to there E-Mails being flooded and the fax machines being jammed..We need to keep the pressure on still..When i sent my reps senators and the ways and means committe..I said if you dont like the HR589 bill..Then why dont you come up with a tier 5 bill that is funded..You would be helping the people that vote for you a lot more with that than 14 weeks since I doubt the job market will be any better any time soon..Far fetched I know but I figure why not put it in there heads..Cant hurt...Any way thanks to every one who has been sending e-mails and faxes AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 220713
But we are far from done keep on contacting them and getting your stories out as much as possible AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247

Keilowkei
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er...Sports,technology

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:39 pm

I sent Gregg Rosen an email and asked if he has anything new to report to us. Latest update on his site is Feb. 25th. I let you all know if he replies. (He always has in the past)
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Not sure of the date on this but I wanted to see what Barbara Lee's track record was

Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship

Barbara Lee has sponsored 140 bills since Jan 7, 1997 of which 134 haven't made it out of committee and 1 were successfully enacted. Lee has co-sponsored 3,407 bills during the same time period. (The count of enacted bills considers only bills actually sponsored by Lee and companion bills identified by CRS that were themselves enacted, but not if they were incorporated into other bills, as that information is not readily available.)

From Govtrack.us
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400237
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:55 pm

WOW! That's encouraging! Lets see. For once we have an advocate for the 99 er's and finally. and she is so tough and when she speaks people listen

then its: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 630201

I do not have ANY confidence now! Another ego trip.. Unless I see positive affirmative action!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:00 pm

We need to be heard and call, fax and e-mail until our voices are heard! Like what the he** do you think we have been doing! Sorry but I am back into my world of reality and not getting anymore hope up for a joke! How many times have we done this! Also I said recently when the states are fighting tooth and nail cutting budgets and laying off , and Duh! Oh! BTW! here's another extension! Better get a touch of reality... But I am not giving up hope! How's that??
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Personally I have to stay positive until I have a reason not to. It ain't over yet Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Hey! I agree with you! But its my glass isn't half full or half empty! I just need a new glass!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:38 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote: But I am not giving up hope! How's that??
1208, you are the eternal optimist. Very Happy
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Zen-optimist-Smile
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:05 pm

mrgolf wrote:
unemployed2long/1208 wrote: But I am not giving up hope! How's that??
1208, you are the eternal optimist. Very Happy
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 Zen-optimist-Smile

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 630201 Ok 1208 heres the new glass AND its full!

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 585661

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:32 am

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 48797 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 204917
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:42 am

mrgolf wrote:I sent Gregg Rosen an email and asked if he has anything new to report to us. Latest update on his site is Feb. 25th. I let you all know if he replies. (He always has in the past)
Did you get a reply?

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:55 am

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 618340 [quote="Need2Bworking"]
Need2Bworking wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

Hope we are all making a big push today.
Bump

This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.
These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte
bump
bump

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 618340

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:01 am

Thank you for getting this topic back on track. It should be for ADVOCATING!!

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 829996

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:22 am

Need2Bworking wrote:Personally I have to stay positive until I have a reason not to. It ain't over yet Very Happy
I totally agree!! It definitely ain't over yet. We have to keep on keeping on as long as it takes. What choice do we have?
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

Guest wrote:

Start the contacting tomorrow! Flood them!

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:59 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
mrgolf wrote:I sent Gregg Rosen an email and asked if he has anything new to report to us. Latest update on his site is Feb. 25th. I let you all know if he replies. (He always has in the past)
Did you get a reply?

Not yet. He hasn't updated his website since Feb 25th.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:09 pm

mrgolf wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
Did you get a reply?

Not yet. He hasn't updated his website since Feb 25th.
Thanks for trying.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wowwhathappen Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:58 pm

contacting them .........is something we do every day
tell them to call us and hear how we suffer everyday

I just took another dead end job that was a total lie
told me 40 hours...lucky if i see 20 hours per week

i guess they do not want to hear that....................
just pass the )_*)&)%($$( bill!

how much more do they want us to suffer.......................

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:17 am

http://www.opencongress.org/person/show/400237_Barbara_Lee

Her bill rankings also down in the middle of page it says 589 emergency unemployment extension... click on the bills :589 and read comments! Not looking good in my opinion! She introduces a bill and remains silent after that.. Hello, Is there a next step! Gather co sponsor after co sponsor but if no one takes a step to get it out of committee then it dies! So with the 70 co sponsors shouldn't that be happening! No good IMO!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:23 am

IMO! Its dead in the water! Disagree with me: Show me the positive news then!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 am

[quote="Need2Bworking"]AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 618340
Need2Bworking wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

Hope we are all making a big push today.
Bump

These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte
bump
bump

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 618340
Bump AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247

Back to top Go down

Post by Keilowkei Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:15 am

I know most of us have been calling e-mailing faxing and tweeting..The politicians for longer than I'd like to remember..But what else is there besides H.R.589???If they cant get us 14 weeks..What will they ever get us??Did you ever think any of the U.E bills would pass when they were in there early stages???The bills that took forever to pass because the politicians seemed to go on a vaca every time a bill was close to coming to a vote..Also how many times did some one filibuster block ETC a bill..They were not exactly exuding confidence from many people either..Plus any time a Bill for unemployment was at this point..I really do not remember hearing much news about them..Let alone good news..They will always pump out the bad news for pretty much everything..Not to many feel good stories on my local news..I am not saying that any one should be exuding confidence that this bill will pass..We have all had our hopes crushed before..Surely we remember getting our teeth kicked in with Stenbows bill...But I feel that at least something/some one is trying to do something for 99ers..The more that we are brought to the light and the more U.E bills that they try to get us(even if shot down).The more publicity the 99ers will get from this and the better off the 99ers are..Having H.R.589 is better than no one doing nothing..Im tired of all these games to but we have got to try..It is like banging your head against the wall but we must be heard and have to keep trying as long as some one will draft the bills for us....So as long as e-mailing calling faxing and tweeting is the best we can do..Keep on doing it..Until some one can think of some thing better like maybe get the unemployed,,employed,,99ers,,public&private unions,lower&middle class to unite and stand up for a common goal..Since the government is screwing us all and anything the government does effects us all..

So again keep bugging your reps ever day until its passed or officially dead
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 4 987247

Keilowkei
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : 99er...Sports,technology

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:16 am

So Far nothing is passed without HUGE delay in the Obama Admin. Just saying....

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:13 am

I am encouraged by the fact that HR589 is considered a hot bill. Or is that insignificant? Someone fill me in. It also seems to be getting more attention than most other hot bills. However,it should be getting more votes of support considering how many of us there are! Everyone go to opencongress.org and support it.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next