Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

+23
Kathy
Keilowkei
TMKLBMT
unemployed2long/1208
elvis44102
Hunterforjobs
nuttin2lose
pdsnickels
doreenb
Jen
gonzofl
trotter39
kellylee123
jj
child of the King
wowwhathappen
KeeptheFaith
MaryKayCoyne
mrmarti
Kimmymc
stilllooking
concernedinKY
mrgolf
27 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:40 am

nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

http://www.american99ersunion.com/

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 618340
Hope we are all making a big push today.
Bump
BUMP
bump

Back to top Go down

AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 Empty Re: AMERICAN 99ERS UNION Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY!

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:13 am

Do they show how this Bill is being paid for?

Hunterforjobs
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:21 am

Are there any more new Co-sponsors???

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

[quote="Need2Bworking"]
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:I know we had a thread for this before and haven't seen it here yet...sorry if its duplicate.

"Please contact your own Congressperson by fax, phone or email and ask him or her to support Representative Barbara Lee's bill (California representative) which is forthcoming and would add a 14 week extension of UI compensation to Tier 1 for all 99ers."

Go the site and click on the links provided for contact info for your state reps.

Bump

This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.
These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte
bump

Back to top Go down

Post by child of the King Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:37 pm

Everybody keep contacting them!! They need to know how many of us are watching whether they help or hinder this legislation.
child of the King
child of the King
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Reading . Can't afford anything else!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Hunterforjobs wrote:Do they show how this Bill is being paid for?
Unfortunately the bill is not paid for. Here is a statement from Lee's office
Given Republican hostility to additional deficit spending -- Lee's office said the cost of the extra benefits would not be offset -- the effort will likely amount to little more than a reminder that long-term unemployment persists even though much of the nation's political discourse is focused on signs of economic recovery.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:43 pm

Why is this posted as though it is news???

the folowing paragraph is from an article in the Huff-Post from Three weeks ago...check the included link....??????

''Unfortunately the bill is not paid for. Here is a statement from Lee's office
Given Republican hostility to additional deficit spending -- Lee's office said the cost of the extra benefits would not be offset -- the effort will likely amount to little more than a reminder that long-term unemployment persists even though much of the nation's political discourse is focused on signs of economic recovery.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/07/99ers-bill-barbara-lee-bobby-scott_n_819767.html
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:46 pm

B
U
M
P
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Then since its not paid for, there is no hope of it being passed.

Hunterforjobs
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm

elvis44102 wrote:Why is this posted as though it is news???

the folowing paragraph is from an article in the Huff-Post from Three weeks ago...check the included link....??????

''Unfortunately the bill is not paid for. Here is a statement from Lee's office
Given Republican hostility to additional deficit spending -- Lee's office said the cost of the extra benefits would not be offset -- the effort will likely amount to little more than a reminder that long-term unemployment persists even though much of the nation's political discourse is focused on signs of economic recovery.""

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/07/99ers-bill-barbara-lee-bobby-scott_n_819767.html
It is "old news" but nothing has changed re funding.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:02 pm

[quote="Need2Bworking"]
Need2Bworking wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:

Bump

This is an alert. It is imperative that every 99er work to flood the
Ways and Means Committee with emails demanding that the legislation
expediently be moved through the committee and onto the House floor.
These are the individuals who sit on the Subcommittee on Human
Resources of the Ways and Means Committee. Also call the Capitol
switchboard at 1-866-220-0044 and ask to speak to these members. Don’t ask, demand, that HR 589 be put through.

Start the contacting NOW! Flood them!

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/

For the "tweeters" out there, Ways & Means Committee - @WaysMeansCmte
bump
bump

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:11 pm

doreenb wrote:Are there any more new Co-sponsors???

There were 2 more during the break...I think that brings it to 69 co sponsors now.

Also, there was an article out recently that stated they have a way to pay for the bill if they cant get the support they need...I will try to locate the article and post it when I find it.

Contact members of the House Ways & Means committee

Helpthe99ers.com made a spreadsheet on their site to help us follow the progress of HR 589.
It lists each member of the ways & means committee and which ones co sponsored the bill along with some other helpful information.
http://helpthe99ers.blogspot.com/p/hr-589.html

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:16 pm

Let me guess, so far its : Zero, zip, nada???
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:21 pm

by mrgolf

""It is "old news" but nothing has changed re funding""
Nothing has changed because they haven't been in session for a week...

We have pretty much been through debating all the possible tactics that may or maynot be employed in the passage of this legislation..

and because it was posted today, my first re-action was that this was released TODAY from Ms. Les's press office...My first reaction was Oh No...then I seached to find the quotation and found that the Author of the Huff-post article is also putting his two-cents in...Big difference.

Just wanted to calify the fact that this was /is not a recent official statement as someone other than myself might also be mislead..

Other than that I see you have taken on the additional task of Admin..Thank you for that..and keep up the good work.
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:25 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Let me guess, so far its : Zero, zip, nada???

4 members of House W&M have co sponsored so far

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:33 pm

its just so difficult not knowing anything at all! Co sponsor this and that and know nothing more is crazy! If they have co-sponsors in ways and means then vote it the heck out of committee. Its the wait and not knowing anything at all!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:35 pm

elvis44102 wrote:by mrgolf

""It is "old news" but nothing has changed re funding""
Nothing has changed because they haven't been in session for a week...

We have pretty much been through debating all the possible tactics that may or maynot be employed in the passage of this legislation..

and because it was posted today, my first re-action was that this was released TODAY from Ms. Les's press office...My first reaction was Oh No...then I seached to find the quotation and found that the Author of the Huff-post article is also putting his two-cents in...Big difference.

Just wanted to calify the fact that this was /is not a recent official statement as someone other than myself might also be mislead..

Other than that I see you have taken on the additional task of Admin..Thank you for that..and keep up the good work.

I hope to goodness they are at least in for three weeks before they are out again! And get something done!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:37 pm

why is it I see a post count and it reads a number but when I make three or four more post the count stays the same.. makes one wonder Hum!But yet others jump to over a 1000 in 24 hrs. AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 431770 lol!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:48 pm

try and refresh the page 1208...that happens to me sometimes too and when I refresh the new post count shows up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:50 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:its just so difficult not knowing anything at all! Co sponsor this and that and know nothing more is crazy! If they have co-sponsors in ways and means then vote it the heck out of committee. Its the wait and not knowing anything at all!

I know, the anticipation of it all is enough to give a heart attack. More co sponsors is a good thing though. Hang in there! All we can do is keep pushing and hopefully we will hear some more positive news soon.
AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 618340 AMERICAN 99ERS UNION  Contact Ways and Means Committee TODAY! - Page 3 443306

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:36 pm

If Lee has such a great plan then why the heck so much silence!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:40 pm

seems to me she would be staging her next steps and making waves. Yes the more co-sponsors is GREAT but it doesn't have to have very many to move out of committee.. IT takes votes, and just needs a few sponsors to introduce a BILL. So hello! Nuff sponsors so now how about the next step! Debates and votes! Or are we going to wait til we hit magic number of sponsors then what!!!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TMKLBMT Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:07 pm

I googled her name and I guess shes been in on some new bill - to stop a war- has republican involvement too. Maybe she has moved on to something else....or maybe she is trying to get in good enough to get some support? I don't know at this point. But things are way to quiet and I don't think thats a good thing.

Co-sponsoring a bill would keep your voters happy back home....looks like your trying to do something- but ever really doing something might be another story.

TMKLBMT
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

All the hoopla, and I think its another dud! Big show again!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:40 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:All the hoopla, and I think its another dud! Big show again!

I sure hope not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next