Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Cspan_live_play-1

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless

4 posters

Go down

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Empty Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless

Post by Quiethawk Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:43 pm

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-old-interns-20110315,0,583984.story?track=rss
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Empty Re: Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless

Post by js123 Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:56 pm

This what our future will look like. I interviewed for a job last December for sales and was told that I would work without pay for a few weeks to see how it would work out. I couldn't believe it. I didn't get the job nor would waste my time with a company that would take advantage of me either.

Is this our future?
Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless 822786
js123
js123
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless Empty Re: Unpaid internships gain popularity among the jobless

Post by Phillymg Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Just wait till the lawsuits start growing in numbers. Workplace accidents happen all the time & unpaid interns aren't covered by workers' comp.....once companies realize what they've opened themselves up to they'll scale back on the unpaid internships. It may take 5-10 years tho.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Just how long do these companies expect people to be able to afford to work for free?

EDIT: Some of these companies who have no wage internships probably complain about dead beat customers who don't pay for their goods and/or services.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down