Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

What to do if You Become Homeless Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
What to do if You Become Homeless Cspan_live_play-1

What to do if You Become Homeless Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

What to do if You Become Homeless

+6
dmbishop
Judi58
Sunrise
Jen
Tresa
Quiethawk
10 posters

Go down

What to do if You Become Homeless Empty What to do if You Become Homeless

Post by Quiethawk Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:43 am

http://www.survivalinsight.com/what-to-do-if-become-homeless.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Live-in-Your-Car

http://guide2homelessness.blogspot.com/

Love this quote: To begin surviving, you need to change your head. Abandon anger, desperation, depression, melancholy. Embrace confidence, strength, abilities, resources. Be positive, by all means.

Last edited by Quiethawk on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

What to do if You Become Homeless Empty Re: What to do if You Become Homeless

Post by Tresa Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:48 am

I agree on a sticky. Or main menu box of resources.

Been researching the above topic myself today.
Tresa
Tresa
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Bite Training My Pup!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:21 pm

Tresa wrote:I agree on a sticky. Or main menu box of resources.

Been researching the above topic myself today.
It's there now. Very Happy
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:29 pm

I don't even want to think about that for me or anyone else here. Crying or Very sad
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Quiethawk Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:03 pm

Well it's my reality at the end of April if nothing comes up. I have no other options so for me I am really trying hard to follow the Quote:

To begin surviving, you need to change your head. Abandon anger, desperation, depression, melancholy. Embrace confidence, strength, abilities, resources. Be positive, by all means.

It is not easy and I find myself challenged by it on a minute by minute basis but I have to try. I am pretty overwhelmed with the unknown but I have to do something to move forward otherwise I will sink where I stand. What little money I have left I have to make it count so I am getting things ready to move into my car. Finding people who have been there and are giving suggestions really helps me to feel a little more in control, just a bit less fearful. I hope it helps others as well. I wish we didn't have to think about this but this is my reality and I am sure many others...
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:36 pm

mine too ... But I wont do it... That is when I really sit down and take control of my life or lack of... at the end of April I will decide I have already have made sure that my son knows where everything is and what to do... 52 I wont be homeless.. thats is where I draw the line. I have 6 weeks to figure something out and I will fight until I have no roof left...

Judi58
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dmbishop Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:55 pm

It has been a year this month that we haven't been able to afford our mortgage. Still have the roof over our heads for the time being.
dmbishop
dmbishop
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Quiethawk wrote:Well it's my reality at the end of April if nothing comes up. I have no other options so for me I am really trying hard to follow the Quote:

To begin surviving, you need to change your head. Abandon anger, desperation, depression, melancholy. Embrace confidence, strength, abilities, resources. Be positive, by all means.

It is not easy and I find myself challenged by it on a minute by minute basis but I have to try. I am pretty overwhelmed with the unknown but I have to do something to move forward otherwise I will sink where I stand. What little money I have left I have to make it count so I am getting things ready to move into my car. Finding people who have been there and are giving suggestions really helps me to feel a little more in control, just a bit less fearful. I hope it helps others as well. I wish we didn't have to think about this but this is my reality and I am sure many others...
Prayers for you QH, looks like we are on the same time table.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sovereign Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:47 pm

Been there briefly, and it's survivable. And hey, technically we're homeless now since we live in our vehicle. Wink
Sovereign
Sovereign
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Ne'er-do-well

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 am

It saddens me that so many of our members are facing this.

Today I started researching for as much info as I can find regarding resources and assistance for those that are facing homeless.

Please keep checking the Homeless section I will add new info as I find it.

Already posted a lot of resources for Veterans who are facing homelessness.

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am

__I don't want any tent cities in my area. I have seen videos of tent cities. They are nasty places. There is no security, just a dog-eat-dog existence where the strong prey on the weak. For food and clothes the inhabitants rely on handouts. The better ones have portable toilets, otherwise you just use the bushes. If you must stay in a tent city, find or establish one in one of the "blue" states, in rural areas. Stay away from schools , churches, malls and other public gathering places so that the general population can maintain a level of safety and security.

__ If the people are homeless due to disaster such as fire or flood, or no fault of their own, then one option would be to house them in one of the newly closed hotels in Atlantic City. There they could be efficiently managed.

__Otherwise, local governments should buy old abandoned factory buildings or other large facilities, and relocate the homeless to them. Social services will actually coordinate all activities. New arrivals will immediately be enrolled in a 100% subsidized Obamacare plan and have their old subsidized plans cancelled. The new plan will cover all medical and dental needs.

__Once the homeless are established in their new surroundings, that is, the day after their arrival, organize them into work gangs of 5-10 each. These gangs will be sent out on weekdays into the community where they will sweep streets, rake leaves and clean storm drains. In winter, after each snowfall,  they can be sent out into neighborhoods before dawn, to shovel out cars parked at private residences.  Its a win-win situation. The homeless can build their self-esteem, pride, and work ethic, and the employed homeowners  can get to work on time.

__Each workday will begin at 5.00 am. Breakfast, as with all other meals, will be served by other homeless and volunteer 99ers.  It will consist of date-expired food donated by food banks and grocers who were left with the choice of either donating it or throwing it away. Powdered eggs and milk, with desiccated fruit and freeze dried meat. All work crews will have to finish eating by 6.30. They will then be taken by open bed truck to  their work assignment areas.

__They will be paid in fiat scrip that is only monetized in their facility. The day rate will be 20 dollars a day, but paid in scrip. Automatically their will be a reduction of 10 dollars, to pay for their housing and other services they get.   They will work at least 8 hours a day, and more if needed, with no compensation for the overtime. The scrip can only be used in the facility, and at the facility store, which is stocked with generic hygiene products and donated clothing.

__There will some that cannot work due to old/young age, illness or disability, or just plain laziness. Their needs will be met by confiscating the pay of the workers.  You know, just like in real life. Children and the elderly will be watched by volunteer homeless people that may or may not be sexual or violent predators.

__There are some homeless that have cars. These will be parked at lot outside the compound. There will be no security or surveillance cameras to watch the vehicles.

__After their day at work, the inhabitants who have vehicles are free to pursue odd jobs outside the facility. They must wear their shirt that says "HOMELESS PERSON",  in big block letters.  This privilege is given to vehicle owners so that they can pay their state/local property taxes and insurance. The homeless without vehicles will be allowed to leave only after being authorized by the watch chief.

__Order will be enforced in the facility by sadistic guards who are in training for FEMA camps. They will addressed as "Boss" by the homeless.  
Their will be no loud music, no loud talking, and absolutely no sexual contact.

pbrad009
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:54 am

Obviously a troll or just some other form of a hateful person.

Jessica
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down