Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Cspan_live_play-1

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits

5 posters

Go down

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Empty Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:31 pm

Michigan's Unemployed Face Early Cut-Off of Unemployment Insurance

Ann Arbor, Michigan (MMD Newswire) March 15, 2011 -- On April 2nd, an
estimated 35,000 Michigan workers will face an abrupt end to their
unemployment insurance. Due to the state legislature's failure to enact
a technical fix to Michigan's unemployment insurance laws, people who
have struggled unsuccessfully to find work the longest will lose as
many as 20 weeks of federally funded unemployment benefits that would
otherwise be available.
Michigan lawmakers can prevent benefits from lapsing if they act by
March 24th, before they begin a two-week recess. Lawmakers could enact
legislation after the break to restore the extended benefits
retroactively, but the longer they wait to act, the longer workers will
go without unemployment insurance.

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/unemployment-insurance-31801.html

Back to top Go down

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Empty Re: Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits

Post by JaneWI Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:34 pm

They better get busy with the technical fix.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits Empty Re: Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits

Post by pugsrit Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:58 pm

Unbelievable. In MO a state senator blocked the vote to accept the extended benefits to prove a point he knows that the money will just go to another state but he doesn't care. Obama in good faith I believe accepted a deal with republican law makers to extend the tax credits to the wealthy and now these states are making it difficult. I just can't believe it is really happening.
pugsrit
pugsrit
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : family time, pets and arts and crafts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:04 pm

pugsrit wrote:Unbelievable. In MO a state senator blocked the vote to accept the extended benefits to prove a point he knows that the money will just go to another state but he doesn't care. Obama in good faith I believe accepted a deal with republican law makers to extend the tax credits to the wealthy and now these states are making it difficult. I just can't believe it is really happening.

I agree, Pugs. Lets not forget that NINE states have made it clear they will not accept the feds money and pay extended benefits to unemployed constituents.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:19 pm

They are going to have an estimated 35,000 boots up their arsses if they do not get this done.

I cannot believe the world we live in today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michfemale11 Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:39 pm

I hate to be a downer but I did notice that the article said,
"people who
have struggled unsuccessfully to find work the longest".

While I do find it patently unfair that they may not be able to collect the EB that the rest of us (from MI) did, those that are still currently collecting bennies are NOT those that have been out of work the longest. I have been an exhaustee for a full year now. Just MO
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:50 pm

Michfemale11 wrote:I hate to be a downer but I did notice that the article said,
"people who
have struggled unsuccessfully to find work the longest".

While I do find it patently unfair that they may not be able to collect the EB that the rest of us (from MI) did, those that are still currently collecting bennies are NOT those that have been out of work the longest. I have been an exhaustee for a full year now. Just MO

It is aggravating that they keep forgetting about us the real exhaustee's I have been out of benefits for a year also. I also live in Michigan.

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:33 pm

Michigan unemployment may lose extended benefits? But Hell, I lost that along time ago!!! Originally, I was laid off in August of 2008, and my unemployment benefits in Michigan were exhausted ( 99 weeks ) back in July of 2010, so all done! In june of 2010 I applied for food Assistance Program ( re: Food Stamps with a Debit Card). But, Food Assistance will be ended the end of November 2011, so all done.Now,3 years and 4 months later,here in Michigan, since being laid off, I am unemployed, out of work, looked for work,searched for work, no work, no jobs, and 1,050 Job Applications and Resumes were sent. Not to mentioned my entire Life Savings ! Michigan Unemployed may lose Extended Benefits 320446 Result ? Nothing. I'm done and I have finished with all this crap!!! So, I did the only thing I could do, Retire at age 62. I started my GM Pension and SSA Retirement process at 3 months before my 62nd birthday. Now, starting in October of 2011, I am on my GM Pension, and will soon be receiving my Social Security Benefits, starting in mid/later November ( re: 62 and 1 month rule from SSA ) .At least, my Retirement will be until I die. Medicare will start at age 65. I have had it with Flint, Genesee County,and the State of Michigan !!! So, To any Employers,previous, present, potential, and future, they can now take it and shove it !!!!!! I am now REtired !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by requete' on Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : wording, punctuation)
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheryl Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:29 pm

I hate you had to make the decision to retire -- however, I am glad that you at least had a financial option. There are so many other people currently unemployed who are too young to retire, and don't have many financial alternatives.

Cheryl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by requete' Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Cheryl, I don't hate. I had to do what I did,Retire. For an old 62 year old, grey haired, white male, I had no choice but to retire. Here in Michigan, unemployment is now at 11.1 %, down from 10.4 % the previous month. Here in the Flint/Genesee County area, we are at over 30 % unemployment. 111,000 families in Genesee Country area alone are on Welfare and Food Assistance.On November5th, 2011, Michigan announced that 11,000 families would be cut out of Welfare Benefits in Genesee County.Our Country, State,County, and Cities in Michigan, don't care about the plight of the unemployed .All over the U.S, more of the same.
requete'
requete'
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Long Term Unemployed - 99er- now Retired

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down