Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 4 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 4 Cspan_live_play-1

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 4 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

+21
L.Montana
kman
pugsrit
Sunrise
felixsmom
nuttin2lose
unemployed2long/1208
JaneWI
mrgolf
elvis44102
charming23
concernedinKY
doreenb
@ries872
Riled American
Phillymg
kjps12
Michfemale11
Quiethawk
Jen
X
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 4 Empty Re: GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

Post by Jen Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:44 am

Need2Bworking wrote:
booniebeast wrote:It is encouraging they are even will to discuss it after all this time. Numbers must be showing up fairly quickly and there's soon going to be far too many LT to keep ignoring.

I agree the numbers must be up and its getting warm enough for people to take to the streets.
This is what I was thinking. I'm thinking maybe they will do this in order to put off the uprising for a little longer.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed - Page 4 Empty Re: GOP leaders agree to meet with Dems to discuss bill for long-term unemployed

Post by Michfemale11 Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 am

Need2Bworking wrote:
booniebeast wrote:It is encouraging they are even will to discuss it after all this time. Numbers must be showing up fairly quickly and there's soon going to be far too many LT to keep ignoring.

I agree the numbers must be up and its getting warm enough for people to take to the streets.

The ones that want to take to the streets on purpose, to protest, not the ones that had to take to the streets from being homeless due to this!!! I'm just having a day where this whole thing is getting on my nerves, sorry!
Michfemale11
Michfemale11
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Full time mom, 99er, seeking work

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:09 pm

Michfemale11 wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:

The ones that want to take to the streets on purpose, to protest, not the ones that had to take to the streets from being homeless due to this!!! I'm just having a day where this whole thing is getting on my nerves, sorry!
I agree with you. If the the majority of Congress agrees to this, it won't be because they care about us. It will be because they are afraid of civil unrest.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:36 pm

One thing that needs to be remember about the 'in the next few weeks' comment is that many of them aren't in Washington right now. They're back at home. They likely couldn't meet until next week anyway?
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:37 pm

concernedinKY wrote:One thing that needs to be remember about the 'in the next few weeks' comment is that many of them aren't in Washington right now. They're back at home. They likely couldn't meet until next week anyway?

You are right, CIK. So we should remain positive because agreeing to meet is still good news. It would be nice if they would drop everything and meet today. but we all know from past experience these things tke time and move slow. The fact that they have agreed to meet is positive news!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:42 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:
concernedinKY wrote:One thing that needs to be remember about the 'in the next few weeks' comment is that many of them aren't in Washington right now. They're back at home. They likely couldn't meet until next week anyway?

You are right, CIK. So we should remain positive because agreeing to meet is still good news. It would be nice if they would drop everything and meet today. but we all know from past experience these things tke time and move slow. The fact that they have agreed to meet is positive news!

What other choice did they have. They really don't want to meet is the bottom line and that is where that couple of weeks came from. Think about it if you had to do something that you didn't want to do wouldn't you put it off as long as possible.

Nevertheless, they have to save face and look as if they are remotely interested in helping the 99ers.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:46 pm

Sunrise wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:

What other choice did they have. They really don't want to meet is the bottom line and that is where that couple of weeks came from. Think about it if you had to do something that you didn't want to do wouldn't you put it off as long as possible.

Nevertheless, they have to save face and look as if they are remotely interested in helping the 99ers.

They had the choice to continue to ignore us, I think agreeing to meet is a positive sign, I will not give up hope and I choose to see the glass as half full. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Has anyone else seen this?

GOP Leaders Look to Discuss ‘Alternatives’ to Tier 5 Unemployment Extension

http://micmn.com/gop-leaders-look-to-discuss-alternatives-to-tier-5-unemployment-extension/10196/
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:19 pm

JaneWI wrote:Has anyone else seen this?

http://micmn.com/gop-leaders-look-to-discuss-alternatives-to-tier-5-unemployment-extension/10196/

I guess the author is living in the past, calling it Tier V, when in actuality it is not.

"In short, the meeting will happen — but that doesn’t mean that the opposition is ready to do anything but kick the Tier 5 unemployment extension off the table and do their best to put the fear of God into Lee and Scott."

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:31 pm

knarf wrote:

I guess the author is living in the past, calling it Tier V, when in actuality it is not.

"In short, the meeting will happen — but that doesn’t mean that the opposition is ready to do anything but kick the Tier 5 unemployment extension off the table and do their best to put the fear of God into Lee and Scott."

That is the part that had me confused, too.
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:34 pm

JaneWI wrote:
knarf wrote:

That is the part that had me confused, too.

Yeah we will be waiting with baited breath for more info from this (uh hum) well informed person.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Need2Bworking wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:

They had the choice to continue to ignore us, I think agreeing to meet is a positive sign, I will not give up hope and I choose to see the glass as half full. Very Happy

I think now is the time to bombard with emails, faxes and phone calls

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:44 pm

Need2B, you are absolutely right. Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:06 pm

thats " in a few weeks".. As in 6 to 10 weeks!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:53 am

Need2Bworking wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:
Sunrise wrote:
Need2Bworking wrote:

I think now is the time to bombard with emails, faxes and phone calls

Back to top Go down

Post by StrahdZ Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:53 am

I still think it's amazing that according to Congress there is no money....unless you need to bomb someone. Then, apparently there are limitless funds available.

StrahdZ
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:24 am

They will meet in a couple of weeks. When April 1st hits tomorrow and I am 3 months behind in rent and all bills no problem, I can tell them there will be a meeting in a couple of weeks.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:46 am

by StrahdZ on Sun 27 Mar 2011 - 11:53

I still think it's amazing that according to Congress there is no money....unless you need to bomb someone. Then, apparently there are limitless funds available.

If I could be deputized as a"homeland security" agent I could find lots of "terrorist" in my area alone and at 10,000$ per house could find lots of hideouts to demolish for them...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:43 pm

Another week with no action.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by UPCHITCREEK Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:11 pm

It's time to break out the ATOMIC TOMATOES..... radioactive rain ! Suspect affraid

UPCHITCREEK
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum