Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Cspan_live_play-1

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress

5 posters

Go down

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Empty Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress

Post by Gigi Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:49 pm

I just received this email letter from Senator Black today. If I lived in Tennessee, I would not vote for this woman. She knows how people are suffering, does she think that her created jobs will magically appear for all the unemployed in Tennessee. To me personally, it sounds like the money is coming out her pocket. I wonder if she received any money from the farm subsidies? What an idiot! At least, she responded to my letter.

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 589, the "Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act." I appreciate hearing from you regarding this issue.

As you know, H.R. 589 would provide an additional 14 weeks of federal unemployment benefits in all 50 states regardless of state unemployment rates. In Tennessee this would extend the total amount of unemployment benefits payable per individual from 99 weeks to 113 weeks (2 years and 2 months). In Tennessee, the average total payment received by individuals who have received 99 weeks of benefits is $22,683, with a maximum benefit of $32,175.

Since June 2008, the federal government has spent over $180 billion on extended unemployment benefits, which only take effect after an individual exhausts regular state unemployment benefits. All but $2 billion of this spending has been added to the federal debt. H.R. 589 would cost an additional $16 billion and the Democrat sponsors of this legislation have not offered a way to pay for this spending.

While many families across Tennessee are struggling, further government spending that adds to the national debt will do more harm than good. Instead, I am working with my colleagues to pass legislation that reduces burdensome regulations on job creators to restart our economy.

It is an honor to serve Tennessee's 6th Congressional District. If you wish to share additional information with me concerning this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me or staff at (202) 225-4231 or through email by going to my website at http://black.house.gov.

Sincerely,
Signature
Diane Black
Member of Congress

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress 843100
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Empty Re: Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress

Post by Quiethawk Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:15 pm

Good to know she is working on loosing regulations on job creators so that TN poor will be subjected to more abuse. I'd like to she her live off of $22,683-$32,175 in 99weeks. Instead of her $331,269.22 for her 99weeks of some work.... Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress 822786

Last edited by Quiethawk on Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quiethawk
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress Empty Re: Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress

Post by elvis44102 Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:16 pm

""Since June 2008, the federal government has spent over $180 billion on extended unemployment ""

Thats quite a bargin, millions and millions of people have been kept alive, and with at least some hope for over two years....

We spend that much on death and destruction, in less than 4-6 months...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:25 pm

Quiethawk wrote:Good to know she working on loosing regulations on job creators so that TN poor will be subjected to more abuse. I like to she her live off of $22,683-$32,175 in 99weeks. Instead of her $331,269.22 for her 99weeks of some work.... Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress 822786

X2
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:31 pm

Its really to bad she has an important position in getting 589 out of commitee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diane_Black

Committee assignments
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:24 pm

Gigi wrote:
Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 589, the "Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act." I appreciate hearing from you regarding this issue.

As you know, H.R. 589 would provide an additional 14 weeks of federal unemployment benefits in all 50 states regardless of state unemployment rates. In Tennessee this would extend the total amount of unemployment benefits payable per individual from 99 weeks to 113 weeks (2 years and 2 months). In Tennessee, the average total payment received by individuals who have received 99 weeks of benefits is $22,683, with a maximum benefit of $32,175.

Since June 2008, the federal government has spent over $180 billion on extended unemployment benefits, which only take effect after an individual exhausts regular state unemployment benefits. All but $2 billion of this spending has been added to the federal debt. H.R. 589 would cost an additional $16 billion and the Democrat sponsors of this legislation have not offered a way to pay for this spending.

While many families across Tennessee are struggling, further government spending that adds to the national debt will do more harm than good. Instead, I am working with my colleagues to pass legislation that reduces burdensome regulations on job creators to restart our economy.

It is an honor to serve Tennessee's 6th Congressional District. If you wish to share additional information with me concerning this or any other issue, please feel free to contact me or staff at (202) 225-4231 or through email by going to my website at http://black.house.gov.

Sincerely,
Diane Black
Member of Congress
Rep. Diane Black (TN-6) either doesn't know that TN will lose the 20 weeks of Extended Benefits on April 16, 2011--or she *does* know & is deliberately spreading misinformation. Starting on that date out-of-work Tennesseeans will no longer qualify for a maximum of 99 weeks. They'll only qualify for a max of 79 weeks.

I wonder *which* 'burdensome regulations on job creators to restart our economy' she's talking about.....ooops I fogot.....that's the Healthcare Law that makes teapartiers froth at the mouth.

However there's a *hint* of good news hiding inside Rep. Black's letter. She couldn't be clearer that if Rep. Barbara Lee (CA-9) provides a way to *pay for* the bill then Rep. Black will not block the bill.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 pm

I bet she has no idea that the people in her state are losing EB. I bet she doesn't care to know. So she is going to reduce regulation so business can hire. We will see if that happens.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:39 pm

Rep. Diane Black's fellow TN Republican House Representative.....

Rep. Stephen Fincher [TN-8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Fincher

Since 1995 Fincher has received $3,368,843 in Agriculture Subsidies--

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/04/the-watchdog_n_844433.html

He's gotten more farm subsidy cash than any other member of Congress.

The money to pay for HR 589 & many other urgent budget items is right there in the fake farm subsidies. Cancelling this welfare program for the wealthy will save $200 billion over 10 years.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gigi Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:45 pm

Thanks Phillmg. I know people are tired of my ranting and raving about farm subsidy program but these people have taken advantage of a good thing. I want the program to go to farmers who deserve it and we the 99ers to get what we really need.

Emailed Letter from Senator Diane Black (Tenn) Regarding H.R. 589 - Another Idiot in Congress 822786
Gigi
Gigi
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Very little if any of the farm subsidy money goes to deserving persons. Tenant farmers had their rents hiked after the subsidies took effect in 1995.....every year they have to pay the entire subsidy to the landlords regardless of whether their crops do well or poorly.....even to landlords who aren't Americans who live in foreign countries. Tenant farmers are unanimous in calling for the subsidies to end. Billions also go to giant corporations. Billions more go to scammers like the large numbers of people who have 5-acre plots & live on 1 acre & collect the subsidy on the other 4 acres.....& never do any farming at all. Rep. Fincher sure wants to keep his rich people's welfare cash rolling in--
"We need a good, better, we need a better farm program and we need to streamline it," he said. "We need to look at many, many options. And that's a long way off."
His plan?? Stall stall stall.....he knows he's stealing from the taxpayers.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down