Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Cspan_live_play-1

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama

+8
concernedinKY
dmbishop
charming23
unemployed2long/1208
nuttin2lose
doreenb
Phillymg
gigichicago
12 posters

Go down

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Empty Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama

Post by gigichicago Thu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

Did the H.R. 589 bill ever get mentioned? You're guess is as good as mine.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0511/54889.html
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Empty Re: Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama

Post by Phillymg Thu May 12, 2011 11:23 pm

Yesterday CBC Chair Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (MO-5) stated to a news organization about HR589 'That's not going to happen'.....citing that the Republican-dominated House of Representatives won't pass the bill.

This is the 2nd time Cleaver has said 'That's not going to happen' about HR589.

I was suspicious before but certain now that--although a majority of members of the CBC are firmly in support of HR589--Cleaver has been purposely blocking progress on the bill.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama Empty Re: Congressional Black Caucus Talks Jobs With Obama

Post by doreenb Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 am

Everyone needs to contact this Cleaver and demand 589 be passed our he will be voted out of office

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Fri May 13, 2011 8:08 am

CREW OF 42 WEB SITE

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5663

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri May 13, 2011 9:34 am

I am a pessimist I guess and I some how feel Obama has abandon the 99er's and unemployed. Because it is a sore spot for his campaign. He is riding with the tide for re election. He had a speech the other day and talked about jobs and immigration. He used to say he will not rest until the unemployed who want jobs can have jobs. But now his advisors are telling him to avoid talk about unemployed. I also look for him to sign the bills if passed that eliminate extensions. If he thinks its a good thing for him he'll do it! Side with the repubs. because he is disillusioned thinking the repubs. are bowing to the tea party for votes , so why shouldn't he??? We'll see. But I hope the dems. in the senate fight these two bills .
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by charming23 Fri May 13, 2011 11:09 am

So I am reading this right that nothing is going to happen and that they are just giving up? If so this really stinks. I have applied for everything out there and get no responses.
charming23
charming23
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Unemployed and looking since December 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Fri May 13, 2011 11:18 am

charming23 wrote:So I am reading this right that nothing is going to happen and that they are just giving up? If so this really stinks. I have applied for everything out there and get no responses.

No one cares about the 99ers. We're screwed.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by doreenb Fri May 13, 2011 11:27 am

gigichicago wrote:
charming23 wrote:So I am reading this right that nothing is going to happen and that they are just giving up? If so this really stinks. I have applied for everything out there and get no responses.

Same with me hundreds of resumes sent out and not even one interview in a year!!! where are these jobs?

doreenb
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by charming23 Fri May 13, 2011 11:34 am

doreenb wrote:
gigichicago wrote:

Same with me hundreds of resumes sent out and not even one interview in a year!!! where are these jobs?

Yes where are these jobs they keep telling us about. I am so disheartened with our government.
charming23
charming23
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Fri May 13, 2011 11:51 am

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/99ers-and-hr-589-supporters-
Interesting read! Where is Lee?
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dmbishop Fri May 13, 2011 12:37 pm

Shout from your rooftop and sing together...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqk_q4NLLI
dmbishop
dmbishop
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Fri May 13, 2011 3:07 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110512/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_black_caucus_2

People who are unemployed "are begging for help and I think that the Congressional Black Caucus and the president are both interested in trying to come up with some means of addressing that and doing it rather quickly," said Emanuel.

It looks like we were brought up.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

99ers Comes Up (Again) During Meeting with President Obama

White House photo shows Obama talking, but CBC did most of talking...

"The good news: The President mentioned he wants to possibly attach the 99ers money to some other big piece of legislation somehow… which piece, how and when is unclear… The Congressional Black Caucus continues to bring the issue of unemployment benefits to the table. In this case the big table in the State Dinning room at the White House. Were it not for the persistence of Rep. Barbara Lee the issue would never be discussed in the White House. Much like so many other issues (high incarceration, programs for the poor, and so on) they focus on — almost no one else in Congress — is doing so."

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5679
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

We need to hit Obama, hard. Tweets, calls, emails, whatever means we have.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JaneWI Fri May 13, 2011 4:25 pm

concernedinKY wrote:We need to hit Obama, hard. Tweets, calls, emails, whatever means we have.

Agreed! Smile
JaneWI
JaneWI
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri May 13, 2011 5:01 pm

by JaneWI Today at 16:23
"The good news: The President mentioned he wants to possibly attach the 99ers money to some other big piece of legislation somehow… which piece, how and when is unclear…

Wonder which Bill???
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by charming23 Fri May 13, 2011 5:54 pm

Looking a bit better this afternoon. I truly hope that they have not given up. It sounds like the president is a good person to send e-mails to.
charming23
charming23
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 pm

What we ALL should be doing is stop pointing fingers at the same elected officials who introduce these bills and then let them wallow for weeks and weeks in Committee while we ALL lash out once again as we did with Stabenow, I don't know if it makes good theater for the 99ers but we need to stop vilifying Lee, Stabenow because its the Republican majority Congress and SOTH Boehner that pulls the strings. I personally think communicating with President Obama is a exercise in furtility because he dances to a different tune and its not the 99ers until election year 2012. Target the MSM and continue hitting those asses in the Congress because THEY know HR 589 can be attached to ANY bill forthcoming just as the Republicans did with HR 4213 and the amendments i.e. their pet projects were, HR 589 can easily be attached as a amendment and not a standalone bill. Its the Republican Those that sat on their brains on 11/3/2010 had another agenda and the 99ers got screwed but their blessings continues!
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Fri May 13, 2011 9:40 pm

I'd like to see HR 589 attached to the bill cutting tax breaks and subsidies to the big oil companies who are once again making huge profits. Reducing, or better yet eliminating, oil company welfare should yield than enough money to pay for HR 589. Is it just me, or does it seem that the Republicans have some twisted priorities?

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Fri May 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Last June.....a Senate bill sponsored by SEN. BERNIE SANDERS.....got only 35 Dem votes to repeal billions in subsidies to oil corporations. Many Dems eagerly joined the Repubs to keep the subsidies.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/06/15/us-cwcongress-tax-idUSTRE65E6J020100615

A current vote on a similar bill faces even more opposition after this weeks' performances in the Senate by Dem Sens. Begich & Landrieu--

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/11/mary-landrieu-mark-begich-oil_n_860743.html

If HR589 is attached to a bill to repeal the subsidies for Big Oil.....it would be the kiss of death for HR589.....which is dead already so maybe joining them won't matter & might even be good symbolically.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Sat May 14, 2011 12:38 am

If such a bill fails, it will give the public a clear view of the priorities of the Republicans and those Democrats who share some of their views. My guess is that 90% of the public would support such a bill. I have no doubt that Pres. Obama would sign it immediately. Of course, everyone voting for the bill would see an end to big oil campaign contributions, and those funds (and probably more) would be spent on their opponents.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat May 14, 2011 8:27 am

I agree with you all the way! The president is in a situation to make a decision for 2012 elections. Is the cause he fights for worth standing up and arguing with repubs. and taking a strong stand if the results are achieved from his stand are worthwhile! OR is it better to give in and show his colors and vote with repubs. also to get good results. He'll do anything for his political neck and the voters melt to every speech he makes. Even if he must ignore and dump the unemployed!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:06 pm

CBC Meetings with Obama

3 meeting 5 requests Results???

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=5937

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down