Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Cspan_live_play-1

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table!

5 posters

Go down

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Empty Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table!

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:35 pm

McConnell is hanging tough and says that any deal with the budget has to include cuts to Medicare. They are determined to continue their war on the poor and needy. Maybe he sees himself as a reverse Robin Hood - take from the poor and give to the rich?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/19/mitch-mcconnell-debt-ceil_n_879989.html

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Empty Re: Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table!

Post by Jen Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 822786
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! Empty Re: Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table!

Post by KeeptheFaith Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:37 pm

This is so ridiculous....why does everything that the republicans want to do have to include cuts to the poor......I just don't get it....Take more and more from the poor and give to the rich who don't need it.....
KeeptheFaith
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:48 pm

He won't get away with it! Too bad he doesn't retire now instead of 2012. I like to see him out forever, whoever voted for this jack a$$ should be kicking themselves. We are the ones suffering now.

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 843100
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:54 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:This is so ridiculous....why does everything that the republicans want to do have to include cuts to the poor......I just don't get it....Take more and more from the poor and give to the rich who don't need it.....
That's what the New World Order is all about. Evil or Very Mad
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Actually.....the article's pretty clear that McConnell just *blinked*. He's agreed to raise the Debt Limit on a short-term basis without touching Medicare & Social Security. Lol somebody here said that the Debt Limit issue isn't Repubs v. Dems--it's Repubs v. China.....& China just won.
Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 916197

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:28 pm

Oh, I so hope you're right! All of us need to see the Republicans cave on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:37 pm

McConnell will still make Reid do the bill thru Cloture.....to eat up days on the Calendar so the Senate can't do any other bills on those days.
Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 214266

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 750548 Need I say anymore! Where are your pitchforks? I can't stand this BS any longer!

TR11005
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:52 am

Almost every Republican has gone on record for being in favor of the destruction of Medicare thanks to Boehner and Ryan. The elderly are angry at Republicans for messing with their favorite program and they make up one third of voters. That spells for disaster for the Republicans at the 2012 polls unless they turn public opinion.

Apparently you can cut welfare, food stamps, mess with unemployment and Medicaid funding, but don't touch their Medicare. Now, the Democrats have some leverage to deal for tax revenue increases.

Will McConnell dig in his heels around Medicare to avoid political suicide for the Republicans in 2012? Is he capable of holding the US credit rating hostage until the Democrats agree to Medicare cuts? When you put it like that, its not as certain that McConnell is giving in, is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by gigichicago Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:16 pm

TR11005 wrote:Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 750548 Need I say anymore! Where are your pitchforks? I can't stand this BS any longer!

X2
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

gigichicago wrote:
TR11005 wrote:Mitch McConnell, R KY says medicare has to be on the table! 750548 Need I say anymore! Where are your pitchforks? I can't stand this BS any longer!

X2
X3
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down