Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Cspan_live_play-1

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet.

+2
truth
concernedinKY
6 posters

Go down

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Empty $60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet.

Post by concernedinKY Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:11 pm

I've managed to get the amount we pay for all the 'TV' we could possibly want to watch, high speed internet, and phone down to barely over 60 dollars a month. How?

Clearwire 4g - 45.00 a month for Home unlimited (be sure to research this for your area, it seems to be a divided group, love them or hate them. I happen to love them. I'm seeing the same speeds I saw with my cable for a fraction of the cost.)

Netflix - 7.99 with no DVD, streaming only.

Hulu Plus - 7.99

2 Roku boxes - One for each TV. We had these already from when they first came out. They stream both Netflix and Hulu Plus. We supplement this with a Western Digital Portable Media player and a portable hard drive so we can play any movie we can download to our computer on our TV. This is more programming than we could ever need and we still have the laptop to stream news. For an additional 4.99 a month, you can add Playon software to your computer and stream lots of other channels to your Roku. We haven't found this necessary.

A google voice account coupled with an Obi100 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004LO098O/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&m=A4VT9X8JBKS16 The Obi allows our google voice number to ring on any standard analog phone. This makes our monthly phone service free after the cost of the Obi100.

Some of the equipment mentioned is pricey and we did have it before all this mess started, but if you can afford the cost of the devices, it's a great investment that will save tons of money down the road even if this economy gets turned around.

Hope this helps some of you. It cut our monthly costs from near $200 down to $60.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Empty Re: $60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet.

Post by truth Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:25 pm

I've never had cable. My amplified antenna brings in hundreds of over-the-air stations. I suppose it helps that I live in metro Los Angeles. I got rid of my land line ages ago. I have a deal on high-speed internet and cell phone. I'm at about $45, but $60's a great price for what you get, cik.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. Empty Re: $60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet.

Post by lstjr Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Have the amplified antenna get about 30 over-the-air stations = $0
Use neighbors wifi have about ten choices, internet = $0
I'm on my dads cell plan (how sad is that? My 77 year old dad is paying for my cell) = $0
The prices are what I can afford on my only “income” $200 in food stamps. And I live in a 18ft trailer in a friends driveway, rent = $0. Life is good. Evil or Very Mad
lstjr
lstjr
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:22 am

lstjr wrote:Have the amplified antenna get about 30 over-the-air stations = $0
I'm on my dads cell plan (how sad is that? My 77 year old dad is paying for my cell) = $0
The prices are what I can afford on my only “income” $200 in food stamps. And I live in a 18ft trailer in a friends driveway, rent = $0. Life is good. Evil or Very Mad
So sorry to hear this, wish there was more I could say or do. Exahusted in March 2010, just like you only income is food stamps. With a new month looming and no money, months behind in rent and bills, I feel I and many more will soon be in you re situation. $60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. 951891

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:07 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
So sorry to hear this, wish there was more I could say or do. Exahusted in March 2010, just like you only income is food stamps. With a new month looming and no money, months behind in rent and bills, I feel I and many more will soon be in you re situation. $60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. 951891

Thanks, but there is not a lot any of us can do for each other except give words of encouragement to not give up and keep fighting. There is a lot of people that have it worse than me I consider myself blessed to at least have a place to live. I had to claim “homeless” when I applied for food stamps because I have no permanent address but I don't think of myself as homeless I like to think I've been camping for a year and a half...lol. I bought this trailer about two years ago when I knew there was no saving my house (and ten acres, god I miss that place) from foreclosure. When I first went to look at it I was thinking “this trailer would fit in my master bathroom” going from a 2200sqft house to a 18ft trailer was hard at first but I'm so glad I bought it now. Words I try to live by are “don't worry about the stuff you can't fix and fix the things you can”, right now there is not a lot I can do about my housing situation without a job so I accept it as it is. I wish you all the best and remember to keep your head up, don't give up and keep listening to and posting the music! Blessed be.
lstjr
lstjr
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:11 pm

lstjr wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:

Thanks, but there is not a lot any of us can do for each other except give words of encouragement to not give up and keep fighting. There is a lot of people that have it worse than me I consider myself blessed to at least have a place to live. I had to claim “homeless” when I applied for food stamps because I have no permanent address but I don't think of myself as homeless I like to think I've been camping for a year and a half...lol. I bought this trailer about two years ago when I knew there was no saving my house (and ten acres, god I miss that place) from foreclosure. When I first went to look at it I was thinking “this trailer would fit in my master bathroom” going from a 2200sqft house to a 18ft trailer was hard at first but I'm so glad I bought it now. Words I try to live by are “don't worry about the stuff you can't fix and fix the things you can”, right now there is not a lot I can do about my housing situation without a job so I accept it as it is. I wish you all the best and remember to keep your head up, don't give up and keep listening to and posting the music! Blessed be.
$60.98 for TV, Phone, and Internet. 796653

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Exhausted99er Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:27 pm

I know how you feel, but at the same time I applaud your foresight to take the steps you did while you still had the money to do it. Buying that trailer was very resourceful, at least you are not really "homeless". I wish I would have thought to do the same thing two years ago, but I never thought this hell we are living in would last this long.

If you want off your dad's cell phone plan, and you are receiving food stamps, you automatically qualify for a free Safelink or Assurance cell phone (depending where you live) at no charge. You receive 250 minutes a month and receive special promo codes each month if you require more minutes. For example, if you buy a $20 dollar card, you will get double the minutes a regular customer would get.

Good luck and I really do admire your resourcefulness and strength!

Exhausted99er
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lstjr Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:37 pm

Exhausted99er wrote:

I know how you feel, but at the same time I applaud your foresight to take the steps you did while you still had the money to do it. Buying that trailer was very resourceful, at least you are not really "homeless". I wish I would have thought to do the same thing two years ago, but I never thought this hell we are living in would last this long.

If you want off your dad's cell phone plan, and you are receiving food stamps, you automatically qualify for a free Safelink or Assurance cell phone (depending where you live) at no charge. You receive 250 minutes a month and receive special promo codes each month if you require more minutes. For example, if you buy a $20 dollar card, you will get double the minutes a regular customer would get.

Good luck and I really do admire your resourcefulness and strength!

Thanks Exhausted, we come to this site for encouragement and info but the sad thing is we're all really on our own, the government has turned their back on us and in my case my family has too (I think my dad just put me on his plan so he can call every couple weeks to ask “you got a job yet?”). I always hope for the best but plan for the worst that’s why I bought the trailer when I knew the house was gone and also because I knew I was the only person who was gonna get me through this. The only thing I need to do now is keep my sense of humor , stay strong and not give up and I'm doing that because I'm not gonna let this beat me. Thanks for the info about the cell phone but I'm on my dads contract for one more year, if I still need one I'll check it out then but I hope it's not necessary. Remember to keep your head up and don't give up, Blessed be.
lstjr
lstjr
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by disgustedwithgovt Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:13 am

Thx for posting all of this info. I hate paying for stuff I don't need, my hubby and I are really interested, he is a MIS guy, way out of work outsouced years ago in that field, but we can understand the language and appreciate the the information from all of you. Most people don't even know there are alternatives.

disgustedwithgovt
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:51 am

One other thing. My amplified antenna is indoor. It cost about $20 several years ago. It has probably paid for itself more than a hundred times over. If you buy one, place it near a window if possible. You may have to try various spots until you find the optimal one. If it doesn't work, return it. You have nothing to lose.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by concernedinKY Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 am

If you have the 44 bucks for the Obi100, it's an amazing device. Works flawlessly with little effort with a google voice number. We get great VOIP phone service with the combo for nothing monthly.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down