Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Cspan_live_play-1

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st

+2
gigichicago
elvis44102
6 posters

Go down

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Empty HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:45 pm

hr 589 now has an additional sponsor as of Aug 1st...Rep Donna Christensen

(virgin Islands)

Its not much but any GOOD news is GOOD............88 or 87 sponsors total

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h589/show
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Empty Re: HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st

Post by gigichicago Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:16 pm

That's good news! Wouldn't it nice if a GOP rep would co-sponsor the bill.
gigichicago
gigichicago
Admin

Back to top Go down

HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st Empty Re: HR 589 has additional sponsor aug 1st

Post by concernedinKY Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:09 pm

At the very least, this means Barbara Lee hasn't given up pushing it and advocating for it. It's on life support, but it's not completely dead yet.
concernedinKY
concernedinKY
Admin

https://dawu.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:36 am

Hate to be so negative but 589 is dead and gone! It will never be revived or brought out of committee! The only thing that may happen is if Obama ask for stimulus as he said yesterday to put construction people back to work and also to extend unemployment benefits. BUT before anyone gets excited about that, he IMO is onle wanting to renew the tier extensions for those who are newly unemployed so they too will have up to 99 weeks. But for all who run out soon, its over! IMO!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:06 pm

unemployed2long/1208 wrote:Hate to be so negative but 589 is dead and gone! It will never be revived or brought out of committee! The only thing that may happen is if Obama ask for stimulus as he said yesterday to put construction people back to work and also to extend unemployment benefits. BUT before anyone gets excited about that, he IMO is onle wanting to renew the tier extensions for those who are newly unemployed so they too will have up to 99 weeks. But for all who run out soon, its over! IMO!

You may be right, but consider this..

If 14 weeks were to be added with HR 589 EVERYBODY would get the additional monies

What if they just extended benefits for the tiers I and II and passed HR 589....

There seems to be much confusion within the states because of the 8.5 percent 3 month requirement for Tiers III and IV to kick in, by renewing tiers I and II and passing 589 all would benefit...

For that matter by passing HR 589 all would be helped...This is a little complicated and perhaps "unfair" but this is washington......

79 +14 would mean 93 total weeks for the press release, they could claim they are in fact lowering the total weeks but as we know many states are not getting the 99 weeks to begin with so in effect everybody would get something...

just a thought...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:31 pm

It is only over if you blindly accept that wealth is fiat money, if you believe that wealth is the application of labor to resources then it is not over. Just because the people that have the fiat money tell you that it has value in no way makes it true. Bankers foster the myth that wealth is created by the crap that they print so they can use and dispose of the people that believe their lies. It will not be easy to distance yourself from money, but the reward is freedom.

First you must become self sufficient, the public fool system has dumbed the people down to prevent this, but it is still possible. Second you must learn to produce more than you consume, look around, the possibilities are endless. Third you must learn that barter can be used to trade what you have for what you need.

What is happening in the stock market is a laugh riot if you are not part of the fiat money system, it is a tragedy if you are one of their slaves. I was lucky, as a three time convicted felon they threw me out of the system years ago. From the outside looking in it is easy to see the total destruction of the monetary system that is most assuredly coming your way, I am just happy to see it in my rear view mirror...

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:11 pm

stcfarms,

I agree with much of what you say...and admire your selfsuficency...

However a $50 bill for the majority of us is still redeamable for a loaf of bread at the corner store...

I have been looking into the UXA and am still looking for information on a german experiemental approach to a barter type system of the 1920s and 30s, and unable to recall the exact name and nature of it...(it was a regional monitary system that florished)

1) perhaps you are familiar with the historical german system and know of it?
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:17 pm

CIK,

Just like the 99ers my self sufficiency was forced upon me by conditions beyond my control. I still use what money that I come across, but it is a tool, not my reason for living. I am no longer totally self sufficient (the print shop that I built for my girlfriend keeps us solvent now) but I have every thing that I need to go back to it on a moments notice. What we can produce ourselves we do not have to pay for, this reduces the need to earn a living by accepted standards. Most of my wealth has come through barter because I do not require money for my goods and services, I am willing to trade for things that I may not need if they have long term value.

The UXA idea cannot be followed exactly, farm conditions have changed. The idea of working together has not changed and with some modifications the UXA plan will work. I have read of the German experiment but it was caused by hyper inflation and not exactly what we are going through. Germany had full employment but the money was dropping in value so fast that what was a living wage in the morning was poverty by the end of the day. The government was printing so much money that it became cheaper to use the money as firewood than to buy the firewood.

Jerry.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:25 pm

"Protesters push Boehner on JOBS" http://www.wlwt.com/politics/28808876/detail.html
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:35 pm

I believe what took place in Wisconsin with the recall, the protests taking place throughout AND down at John Boehner's home where he's out playing golf and yet HIS district has a 9.3% jobless rate, is the start of the ENOUGH campaign to get the majority back in both houses and re-elect President Obama who truly hasn't had any cooperation from the Party of No Republicans and Tea Party. This is going to be up to THE PEOPLE who haven't really had to fight politically and maybe thats not a good thing because it appears we have gotten spoiled! I'm talking about in general and not about the 99ers who have suffered for going on 3 years now. I heard on one of the progressive talk stations that the Obama team will be putting together a package (not called a Stimulus) and it will include UI extension of benefits! BUT then will it include the 99ers i.e. ALL of the unemployed with no segment omitted as it was before BUT its up to ALL of to make damn sure that doesn't happen. We went down that cliff before and precauriously still hanging on by a thread! Boehner must leave in one hella district to have such a HIGH jobless rate and nobody's been banging on HIS door.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:33 pm

People are rising up and getting involved.. http://blog.aflcio.org/2011/08/11/back-home-lawmakers-are-asked-where-are-the-jobs/
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Rachel Maddow: UE Commentary plus interview with Rep. Jan Schakowsky(D-IL ) on her Jobs bill.

Progressive Democrats prepare jobs plan despite intransigent GOP

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/44115134#44114857
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:36 pm

The RICHEST 1% will not let this bill proceed but at least she made the attempt when the Speaker of the House wouldn't.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Patriot Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:42 pm

No wonder the American people gave this 112th Congress a 10% rating and said it was the least effective Congress in its history.
Patriot
Patriot
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down