Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 3 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 3 Cspan_live_play-1

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 3 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

+7
truth
concernedinKY
new_wave_princess
unemployed2long/1208
KSCHIEF522
elvis44102
gigichicago
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

Post by stcfarms Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:19 pm

The truth usually lies halfway between the extremes, the rich should be taxed more and the poor should be willing to work for their welfare. Welfare should pay as much as a factory job and recipients should work as hard as a factory worker. The rich would gain a work force more able to buy their wares, the poor would have an income above subsistance level and the country would have a work force to build solar arrays, wind farms et cetera to reduce our dependence on coal and oil. With cheap, clean, renewable energy created at home we could once again compete with the world.

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'  - Page 3 Empty Re: Maxine Waters On Jobs, Unemployment: 'The Tea Party Can Go Straight To Hell'

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:06 pm

My mother was a nurse and she told me that in the 1940's doctors routinly tied the tubes of poor women who seemed to be having way too many babies....NO one was the wiser, right or wrong i don't know...

but it solved the problem....

I always imagine a bunch of naked people standing naked in the "showers" at the Nazi death camps, somehow stripped of all outside titles, wealth and preconcieved notions...we are ALL just human beings...
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:54 pm

elvis44102 wrote:i wish to commend NWP for honestly stating her opinions...It takes courage to openly state how one feels on a controversial topic...

I think the real problem for a lot of posters is not her opinions, but rather her stating things as facts without any form of proof provided. =/

EDIT: Heh, guess I should've read all the posts before I responded. CIK basically said this and much more.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:22 pm

heres two short videos from one of my heros on uncertainty and confusion..

Knowing what is a good source for information is essential...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MmpUWEW6Is&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lytxafTXg6c&feature=share
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by stcfarms Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:42 pm

People would benefit from watching all of his clips...

stcfarms
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLO Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:48 pm

I agree - he really makes you look inside yourself, doesn't he? We really are all the same....
CLO
CLO
Premium Poster

Job/hobbies : Customer service/ healthcare

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:02 pm

RanBrow123 wrote:
elvis44102 wrote:i wish to commend NWP for honestly stating her opinions...It takes courage to openly state how one feels on a controversial topic...

I think the real problem for a lot of posters is not her opinions, but rather her stating things as facts without any form of proof provided. =/

EDIT: Heh, guess I should've read all the posts before I responded. CIK basically said this and much more.

2X

I'm still waiting for the facts I requested. Instead, she has attacked me as a stalker and hinted that I have engaged in sock puppetry. I'm not trying to best her in some kind of contest. I'm simply asking her to back up her strongly-stated opinions with some facts.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:43 pm

truth wrote:
RanBrow123 wrote:

2X

I'm still waiting for the facts I requested. Instead, she has attacked me as a stalker and hinted that I have engaged in sock puppetry. I'm not trying to best her in some kind of contest. I'm simply asking her to back up her strongly-stated opinions with some facts.

I'd lay 3:1 you're not going to get a straight answer, but you're probably not dumb enough to take that bet.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:50 pm

No bet. I may be an illiterate leftist, but I'm not stupid.

truth
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by RanBrow123 Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:19 am

truth wrote:No bet. I may be an illiterate leftist, but I'm not stupid.

Yeah, it's a sucker bet for sure. I'd say fair odds start around 50:1.

RanBrow123
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum