Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

I got laid off in November in Floirda Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
I got laid off in November in Floirda Cspan_live_play-1

I got laid off in November in Floirda Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

I got laid off in November in Floirda

4 posters

Go down

I got laid off in November in Floirda Empty I got laid off in November in Floirda

Post by dustysmom Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:40 pm

Hi..don't know if I am asking question at right place. I got laid off in November and was denied because not enough monetary financial. If this is right place to ask..please let me know and I will finish. Thanks alot dustysmom
dustysmom
dustysmom
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

I got laid off in November in Floirda Empty Re: I got laid off in November in Floirda

Post by Jen Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:42 pm

Looks like the right place to me. I'm not from FL but, I can try to help. What's your question?
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

I got laid off in November in Floirda Empty Re: I got laid off in November in Floirda

Post by dustysmom Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Hi Jen..thank you. I was a 99er..got a job in May of 2010..got laid of mid November 2010 with 45 others from my Company that day. My position was gone..they deleted project Admin. the VP and the Financial Director took over all office positions and another 40 laid off from the field. they are a great company and tried..had over 200 employees...sine 2008 never laid anyone off then they had to. Not their fault..they didn't deny me OK..my problem.. I was 99er..did everything wanted a job got one loved it..then lay off...ok got laid off November so my 1st quarter base was $1200.00 change..they said I needed 9,000.00 plus to meet and get unemployment next $'s for base would be jan 1st...I earned total of 11,900.00plus total..next quarter jan1st..My check stubs put me over the 9,00plus mark..BUT they aren't putting in the 1st 2 weeks held..they are putting that at the end. So I can't claim till April 1st IF SCOTT Doesn't change that. I am so desperate. I am 56 overqualified..should I make up fake resumes and have people verify for me? I am at that point Jen. Can I collect because my position was terminated or is there anything I can get because position terminated like health etc? I can't hold on much longer. Thanks for any help..
dustysmom
dustysmom
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:28 pm

How many people have you spoken with at UI? Sometimes you have to call again to get someone that knows what they are talking about.

It seems to me that you should be able to get benefits because the last quarter (September through December) has passed and all of the earning should have been reported by now.

You might try calling again. Hope this helps. Smile
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:43 pm

If you call try using this number if you haven't already,877-846-8770. I think after you go through the initial automated BS it asks you for an extension....just push 0 and that will be you holding pattern for the next available person. I had some great extensions for some real knowledgeable support people,unfortunatly for us they got moved up the ladder. Good luck.
gonzofl
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by dustysmom Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Thanks Jen, Sunrise & gonzofl...After 3 hours..on the phone getting disconnected...I finally...after 5pm got Keith..he transfered me to Ms. Dixon..what a world of knowledge and so sweet..there are 2 Ms. Dixons not related or in the same Departments. I was told tho..that my Unemplmnt won't start till after March 1st..IF I DON'T GET A JOB.....PLEASE...I PRAY PRAY WORK Everyday any job! ..I did hear worrry in their voices about our NEW GOV. SCOTT and what may happen to those expecting unemplmnt in the next months..for those of us in Florida. SCOTT IS SCARY..ALREADY NELSON& THE REST OF THE DEMS ARE AFTER HIM OVER THE high rail money he is rejecting
FROM THE GOV. OTHER STAES WILL GET IT & JOBS LOST IN FL WHAT DO U THINK?? OR SHOULD I ASK THIS ELSEWHERE? SORRY
dustysmom
dustysmom
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down