Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Just wondering about the 99'rs Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Just wondering about the 99'rs Cspan_live_play-1

Just wondering about the 99'rs Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Just wondering about the 99'rs

+4
Jen
Sunrise
Angelika
rgreen001
8 posters

Go down

Just wondering about the 99'rs Empty Just wondering about the 99'rs

Post by rgreen001 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey Team,

I am coming over from Unemployed Friends of which I participated in dialog for over two years.
I found that site very beneficial and met some very special people who helped me get through tough times. At the time I was not a 99r. Today, as of 8 months I am. Their Voice was the push for all.

i was just wondering, as of today i have been on interviews and am finding one of several things.

My Interviewing manager is intimidated by my experience, Employers overlook my Resume because my Experience in their opinion (assumption) would demand a large salary and finally, getting even a Labor job wont hire me because they can hire ilegals cheaper . I am 40 years old btw.

My question is, "how many of my 99r from past and present have landed Employment and what are you doing? Aside from the obvious, how did you overcome this?

i recognize many posters on this site and happy to see you here, in a sense....

Regards

Last edited by rgreen001 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling,oops)

rgreen001
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Just wondering about the 99'rs Empty Re: Just wondering about the 99'rs

Post by Angelika Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Is this worrywart in disguise? Smile
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunrise Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:09 pm

No - not his style of writing.
Sunrise
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelika Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Parts of it is. And those questions....Question JMO Smile
Angelika
Angelika
Premium Poster

http://www.Di-Dio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Welcome to our new home rgreen001. I think it is safe to say if you are talking to anyone of us on here, we are suffering from the same problems as you in finding a job. BTW glad to see you again, I'm sure as you hang around here for awhile, you remember quite a few of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Welcome rgreen001 sorry to hear you are now a 99 er.

Out of benefits and looking for work here. It is even more difficult for those 50 and older I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi rgreen! Nice to see you again...my husband is also 40 and experienced the same thing. However he finally is going back to work in the beginning of March and is lucky, it is a job in his profession. (union electrician) Hang in there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:54 pm

Angelika wrote:Parts of it is. And those questions....Question JMO Smile

It is not worrywart he would not come back in another name. He is not like that!
I have been in contact with him and he will be posting soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:55 pm

laramel wrote:

It is not worrywart he would not come back in another name. He is not like that!
No, he wouldn't.

I remember rgreen. He or she is a very insightful poster.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:03 am

I remember too. Great to see you!

Back to top Go down

Post by rgreen001 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:14 am

Who the he_ _ is Worrymart? LOL

Thanks for the kind words all. I left the UF site and I know that I have friends here. I am a little confused. Should I post there or is this the new Site? I recognize lots of of posters from there. Glad to be home.

However, if you read my post, someone please tell me how to deal with this issue. Thanks Team

rgreen001
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgreen001 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:17 am

knarf wrote:Welcome to our new home rgreen001. I think it is safe to say if you are talking to anyone of us on here, we are suffering from the same problems as you in finding a job. BTW glad to see you again, I'm sure as you hang around here for awhile, you remember quite a few of us.

thanks. I remember you. Hope all is well. A fighter you are! AWESOME!

rgreen001
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:18 am

rgreen001 wrote:Who the he_ _ is Worrymart? LOL

Thanks for the kind words all. I left the UF site and I know that I have friends here. I am a little confused. Should I post there or is this the new Site? I recognize lots of of posters from there. Glad to be home.

However, if you read my post, someone please tell me how to deal with this issue. Thanks Team
Either one or both. We're all in the same boat!
I love you
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rgreen001 Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 am

Jen wrote:
rgreen001 wrote:Who the he_ _ is Worrymart? LOL

Either one or both. We're all in the same boat!
I love you
Thanks jen. Its been awhile since i been to UF, (This site I am brand new). I recognize jobless in MA, Knarf, Mrgolf, etc. , anyone heard from one of my favorite posters from RI. I forget her name and also, A poster from DC who was sleeping in her car?

rgreen001
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:34 am

rgreen001 wrote:Hey Team,

I am coming over from Unemployed Friends of which I participated in dialog for over two years.
I found that site very beneficial and met some very special people who helped me get through tough times. At the time I was not a 99r. Today, as of 8 months I am. Their Voice was the push for all.

i was just wondering, as of today i have been on interviews and am finding one of several things.

My Interviewing manager is intimidated by my experience, Employers overlook my Resume because my Experience in their opinion (assumption) would demand a large salary and finally, getting even a Labor job wont hire me because they can hire ilegals cheaper . I am 40 years old btw.

My question is, "how many of my 99r from past and present have landed Employment and what are you doing? Aside from the obvious, how did you overcome this?

i recognize many posters on this site and happy to see you here, in a sense....

Regards
Welcome. Sorry to hear you are a 99er. There are some success stories. Hope we can get HR 589 through Congress. That would help.
Just wondering about the 99'rs Welcome1
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:36 am

Sick & Tired wrote:Hi rgreen! Nice to see you again...my husband is also 40 and experienced the same thing. However he finally is going back to work in the beginning of March and is lucky, it is a job in his profession. (union electrician) Hang in there.
It is great to hear the success stories. Very happy for you and your husband.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:39 am

laramel wrote:

Worrywart wrote a very nice farewell post today.
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:40 am

Welcome, We are here but you'll find **** (desperate in RI ) on the "other site. To my knowledge, no on has heard from DNDC in months. I don't know what to to think. Stay in touch!

Back to top Go down

Post by tofer Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:08 am

hey rgreen001...i've had this problem too, i apply for jobs that my experience is considered "over-qualified" or yes, they think i will ask for a high salary...

i have general ledger experience but have applied for jobs that are "stepping stones" to general ledger...i tell them that i believe my knowledge and experience in general ledger can be an asset in doing "fill in the blank" job...

for example, usually someone in accounts payables will post vouchers to an account or cost center that the originator tells the to...however, since i have general ledger experience, i explain that if i'm in the accounts payable position, i know how accounts and cost centers eventually affect the month-end reporting and that i may be more likely to question the coding as opposed to someone that doesn't understand the final effect...hope this makes sense...i try to offer my knowledge as a benefit to doing a job that i may be overqualified for...
tofer
tofer
Valued Poster

Job/hobbies : Accounting

Back to top Go down

Post by not4meintx Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 am

tofer wrote:hey rgreen001...i've had this problem too, i apply for jobs that my experience is considered "over-qualified" or yes, they think i will ask for a high salary...

i have general ledger experience but have applied for jobs that are "stepping stones" to general ledger...i tell them that i believe my knowledge and experience in general ledger can be an asset in doing "fill in the blank" job...

for example, usually someone in accounts payables will post vouchers to an account or cost center that the originator tells the to...however, since i have general ledger experience, i explain that if i'm in the accounts payable position, i know how accounts and cost centers eventually affect the month-end reporting and that i may be more likely to question the coding as opposed to someone that doesn't understand the final effect...hope this makes sense...i try to offer my knowledge as a benefit to doing a job that i may be overqualified for...

Great information!
not4meintx
not4meintx
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rgreen001 Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:22 am

You guys are awsome! Thanks for the info and warm welcome.

May I share? lol

I went on interview today and was told I was over qualifed. Good news is that I got instant interview with a Hiring Manager for a another Position more suitable for my experience from that Interview. I am now scheduled for second interview Monday. I must say that God works in mysterious ways.

However, this does not change the fact that if you are Unemployed, middle Aged (Middle Classs) & Experienced that you are overlooked.

BTW, now that I am considered a 99r, I walk in pride, not for the Title of course, but because they lead the way for them,me and for you. Its like they did all the fight and got nothing for all of us. Dont forget that!

Finally, I just wanted to know how my 99'rs are doing which is why I started this post to begin with?

rgreen001
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:32 am

Good luck on the second interview will say a prayer that you get hired on the spot!

Back to top Go down

Post by Stacynan Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:27 pm

My husband was a 99er starting late Dec. He just started a new job (new field, from IT to Sales), but had to practically talk his way into the position. We know the president of the company and he's been working on him to give him a chance for the last year. It's temp for 90 days, and hopefully will lead to permanent. They are talking about him doing a tradeshow in Nov, so that's a good sign.

Stacynan
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:39 pm

Stacynan wrote:My husband was a 99er starting late Dec. He just started a new job (new field, from IT to Sales), but had to practically talk his way into the position. We know the president of the company and he's been working on him to give him a chance for the last year. It's temp for 90 days, and hopefully will lead to permanent. They are talking about him doing a tradeshow in Nov, so that's a good sign.
Sending positive vibes your way. Just wondering about the 99'rs 443306
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:44 pm

For me it was hardest when I first became a 99er. Having NO MONEY coming in was a real shocker. When I got the letter that said I had exhausted all my benefits I really thought it would be just a matter of weeks until an extension was passed. Boy, was I wrong
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum