Help is out there.

Please Call.


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live


Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 51 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:04 am

http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4962

3/11/2011
Yesterday afternoon, as House Republicans voted to end foreclosure
assistance, I spoke with Rep. Barbara Lee on the status of her
unemployment insurance extension bill, H.R. 589. “We’re looking for the
money, we’re working with the White House and we’re trying to identify
the ‘payfors,” Lee said. She added, “Under the paygo rules there is a
provision to allow you to designate something as an ‘economic
emergency,” which would allow you to do something without finding the
payfor…”

An emergency designation from the White House would allow the White
House to authorize Congress to allocate the money without finding a
specific way to pay for it or another program that would have to be cut
to pay for it. That the White House is involved in any way is news.
What the odds the President would declare the allocation of an
unemployment extension an “economic emergency” is unknown. The Obama
White House is a non often an over active participant in the legislative
process. It’s not often that members refer to them as being part of the
process regarding bills.

It ‘s still unclear whether the cost of the legislation is $16
billion dollars so the amount being “looked for” in the budget is
unknown. Though $16 billion was the number mentioned by Rep. Lee at her
press conference on February 9, 2011, she made it clear her office is
still, “working on that number.” It’s unlikely the Congressional Budget
Office will officially score this legislation. The number could actually
be lower.

Boehner has not seen Lee/Scott Letter Yet. As
Speaker Boehner walked to the House floor I asked him if he had seen
the letter Reps. Lee and Bobby Scott sent to him on Wednesday, March
9th. He said he had not seen the letter yet. When I asked him if there
was any possibility he’d meet with Lee and Scott he simply repeated he
hadn’t seen the letter and walked on to the House floor for votes.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by nuttin2lose on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks Jen for posting this.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1561
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:12 am

Boehner hasn't even read the letter yet. Rolling Eyes
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by nuttin2lose on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:20 am

Ya know, I can t believe that it could not be hand delivered to him on the floor. He could not say he has n t seen it then.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1561
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by KeeptheFaith on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 am

This is great news that they are trying to find money to pay for the HR 589....Boehner is a piece of work.....Why is he hiding from the letter..... I bet if it was attached to a booze cart.....then he would be interested.....


Last edited by KeeptheFaith on Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
KeeptheFaith
Premium Poster

Posts : 471
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:23 am

KeeptheFaith wrote:This is great news that they are trying to find money to pay for the HR 589....Boehner is a piece of work.....What is he hiding from the letter..... I bet if it was attached to a booze carts drinks....then he would be interested.....
lol! at the booze cart.


Yes, it is good news that they are trying to work with the White House to find the money.


Last edited by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:29 pm

bounce
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by kman on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:47 pm

KeeptheFaith wrote:This is great news that they are trying to find money to pay for the HR 589....Boehner is a piece of work.....What is he hiding from the letter..... I bet if it was attached to a booze cart.....then he would be interested.....

attached to the booze cart lol!
avatar
kman
Elite Poster

Posts : 801
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by wowwhathappen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:52 pm

MORE HOPE WITH NO ACTION FOR THE REPUBS..........................

why is this so hard for them to help us
see how much they sent Libya in the past
see how much we will send to japan

well, it is a mess here and we need help......I never get excite anymore when I see articles like this........it never leads to anything.

PS........Pres. Obama....what happen to you
you were so strong before
now you are just there to be the ''puppet on a string''

sorry, but I see nothing good anymore......tell me why you think this bill will pass soon

wowwhathappen
Valued Poster

Posts : 33
Join date : 2011-02-14

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:58 pm

wowwhathappen wrote:MORE HOPE WITH NO ACTION FOR THE REPUBS..........................

why is this so hard for them to help us
see how much they sent Libya in the past
see how much we will send to japan

well, it is a mess here and we need help......I never get excite anymore when I see articles like this........it never leads to anything.

PS........Pres. Obama....what happen to you
you were so strong before
now you are just there to be the ''puppet on a string''

sorry, but I see nothing good anymore......tell me why you think this bill will pass soon
I don't know what kind of chance it has. I do know that it has a better chance now that the Dems said they will pay for it. All I know is that we have to keep pushing.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:37 pm

the Dems saying they will pay for it definitely helps. We have to keep pushing as the alternative is just not acceptable.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by nuttin2lose on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:40 pm

Well another week and no action on the bill. The house is off the 17th for St Patrick s Day, and in their home states the week of March 21-25.. They work 8 more days this month. I cannot make it through April without any income.

nuttin2lose
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1561
Join date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Sunrise on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:53 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Well another week and no action on the bill. The house is off the 17th for St Patrick s Day, and in their home states the week of March 21-25.. They work 8 more days this month. I cannot make it through April without any income.

Let's hope that they get to work next week. If the monies to pay for it are in place, there is no reason why this bill couldn't rip through and be law within a week.

It seems this time last year we were in the same boat trying to get some help. Hard to believe that a year has come and gone and nothing has been done for the 99ers. Mad
avatar
Sunrise
Terrific Poster

Posts : 1829
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by js123 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:08 pm

This is good news! Boehner is a coward, he doesn't want to get involved. Give him a few drinks and he will sign anything.

I pray that President Obama helps us. We desperately need help now! Emergency means now! Very Happy
avatar
js123
Premium Poster

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-13
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Good News, and agree @Js123....

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by gonzofl on Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:56 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:Ya know, I can t believe that it could not be hand delivered to him on the floor. He could not say he has n t seen it then.


Boehner was probably to busy handing out tobacco lobby checks to his fellow money grubbing GOP buddies. He is a sniveling coward and really could care less about anything other than his own agenda.
avatar
gonzofl
Valued Poster

Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 61
Location : Citrus County,Florida

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by mrgolf on Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks for posting this Jen
avatar
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Posts : 4049
Join date : 2011-02-13
Location : Santa Rosa, California

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by rubeNG on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Some good info there Jen. This bill needs to get momentum.
avatar
rubeNG
Valued Poster

Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-02-14
Location : Los Angeles Area, CA

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Quiethawk on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Well the White House just got back 2.4 Billion from Florida for high speed rail that money was to stimulate the economy so using it for UE would stimulate the economy. We need to come up with ideas for " Where's the Beef ( Billions )"..... We need an additional 13.7 Billion. Any suggestions????
avatar
Quiethawk
Elite Poster

Posts : 707
Join date : 2011-02-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:54 pm

Quiethawk wrote:Well the White House just got back 2.4 Billion from Florida for high speed rail that money was to stimulate the economy so using it for UE would stimulate the economy. We need to come up with ideas for " Where's the Beef ( Billions )"..... We need an additional 13.7 Billion. Any suggestions????
Of course, I will suggest taking it out of the bloated Department of Defense or Homeland Security budgets but, we all know they wouldn't go for that.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by L.J. on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 pm

Article from The Arizona Republic, March 11. 2011

WASHINGTON - Congressional Republicans say they want to cut
federal spending by raiding $45 billion from President Barack Obama's
politically unpopular economic-stimulus program.

In the confusing money flow from Washington to the rest of
the country, there's still about $168 billion in stimulus money that
has not actually been paid out
, according to the administration.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2011/02/05/20110205stimulus-savings0205.html



avatar
L.J.
Premium Poster

Posts : 106
Join date : 2011-02-13
Location : L.A.
Job/hobbies : 99er-Trust No One...Completely.

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:00 pm

L.J. wrote:Article from The Arizona Republic, March 11. 2011

WASHINGTON - Congressional Republicans say they want to cut
federal spending by raiding $45 billion from President Barack Obama's
politically unpopular economic-stimulus program.

In the confusing money flow from Washington to the rest of
the country, there's still about $168 billion in stimulus money that
has not actually been paid out
, according to the administration.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/news/articles/2011/02/05/20110205stimulus-savings0205.html



This is insane. There's plenty of money to help all Americans who are suffering right there. Why can't they use that money?
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 am

Jen wrote:http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4962

3/11/2011
Yesterday afternoon, as House Republicans voted to end foreclosure
assistance, I spoke with Rep. Barbara Lee on the status of her
unemployment insurance extension bill, H.R. 589. “We’re looking for the
money, we’re working with the White House and we’re trying to identify
the ‘payfors,” Lee said. She added, “Under the paygo rules there is a
provision to allow you to designate something as an ‘economic
emergency,” which would allow you to do something without finding the
payfor…”

An emergency designation from the White House would allow the White
House to authorize Congress to allocate the money without finding a
specific way to pay for it or another program that would have to be cut
to pay for it. That the White House is involved in any way is news.
What the odds the President would declare the allocation of an
unemployment extension an “economic emergency” is unknown. The Obama
White House is a non often an over active participant in the legislative
process. It’s not often that members refer to them as being part of the
process regarding bills.

It ‘s still unclear whether the cost of the legislation is $16
billion dollars so the amount being “looked for” in the budget is
unknown. Though $16 billion was the number mentioned by Rep. Lee at her
press conference on February 9, 2011, she made it clear her office is
still, “working on that number.” It’s unlikely the Congressional Budget
Office will officially score this legislation. The number could actually
be lower.

Boehner has not seen Lee/Scott Letter Yet. As
Speaker Boehner walked to the House floor I asked him if he had seen
the letter Reps. Lee and Bobby Scott sent to him on Wednesday, March
9th. He said he had not seen the letter yet. When I asked him if there
was any possibility he’d meet with Lee and Scott he simply repeated he
hadn’t seen the letter and walked on to the House floor for votes.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Jen on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:53 am

Jen wrote:
Jen wrote:http://www.crewof42.com/?p=4962

3/11/2011
Yesterday afternoon, as House Republicans voted to end foreclosure
assistance, I spoke with Rep. Barbara Lee on the status of her
unemployment insurance extension bill, H.R. 589. “We’re looking for the
money, we’re working with the White House and we’re trying to identify
the ‘payfors,” Lee said. She added, “Under the paygo rules there is a
provision to allow you to designate something as an ‘economic
emergency,” which would allow you to do something without finding the
payfor…”

An emergency designation from the White House would allow the White
House to authorize Congress to allocate the money without finding a
specific way to pay for it or another program that would have to be cut
to pay for it. That the White House is involved in any way is news.
What the odds the President would declare the allocation of an
unemployment extension an “economic emergency” is unknown. The Obama
White House is a non often an over active participant in the legislative
process. It’s not often that members refer to them as being part of the
process regarding bills.

It ‘s still unclear whether the cost of the legislation is $16
billion dollars so the amount being “looked for” in the budget is
unknown. Though $16 billion was the number mentioned by Rep. Lee at her
press conference on February 9, 2011, she made it clear her office is
still, “working on that number.” It’s unlikely the Congressional Budget
Office will officially score this legislation. The number could actually
be lower.

Boehner has not seen Lee/Scott Letter Yet. As
Speaker Boehner walked to the House floor I asked him if he had seen
the letter Reps. Lee and Bobby Scott sent to him on Wednesday, March
9th. He said he had not seen the letter yet. When I asked him if there
was any possibility he’d meet with Lee and Scott he simply repeated he
hadn’t seen the letter and walked on to the House floor for votes.
avatar
Jen
Admin

Posts : 1684
Join date : 2011-02-12
Location : Ohio

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by js123 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:01 pm

It is all in Obama's court. Is he or isn't he going to help us. After joining this web site, I have learned about the spending waste our government is doing on a daily basis. We are talking billions of billions dollars and nothing for us who invested our money in this country. I hope to educate not only the members but the guests on this web site about the waste. Please when emailing the representatives, indicate the waste also. America is not broke. Don't believe the lies. I am getting tired of waiting. Biting my nails on this one.
avatar
js123
Premium Poster

Posts : 256
Join date : 2011-02-13
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Re: Lee on 99ers: We're "Working with White House" to Find Money

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum