Displaced American Workers United - The web's most active unemployment forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Help is out there.

Please Call.

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 Logo
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

C-Span Live
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 Cspan_live_play-1

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 Cspan2_live_play
Latest topics
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 288 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:30 pm

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

+30
rubeNG
sbraney
sune
kalst13
X
trotter39
truth
KeeptheFaith
lendmeflight2
Tresa
laidoff2008
doreenb
kjps12
luvher_501
Jen
bassdisco
Phillymg
wowwhathappen
child of the King
MaryKayCoyne
TMKLBMT
stilllooking
G
elvis44102
mistermunster
unemployed2long/1208
Feyth
mrgolf
TomW
ET
34 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 am

kemcha wrote:Too True ... something is telling me that Repubs might block it, even if its paid for .... hope it's not true but they would come up with a new excuse.

They are playing the DEFICIT card NOW with everything. Even if it's PAID for, they will KEEP harping the DEFICIT. This is the DIRTY trick BS they do. They are NOT going to change. They are STILL harping about OUR children and grandchildren's future MANTRA. Yet the truth is THEY have SOLD out ALL children's FUTURE with their BS. One excuse, LEADS to another and ANOTHER and ANOTHER as the WHY they WILL DO NOTHING. The FACT is, they NEED to be REMOVED from their position of POWER as soon as possible for ANYTHING in this country to move forward. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 Empty Re: Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives

Post by unemployed2long/1208 Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:19 am

I said this when they were saying no to everything, pay for and said after elections it will be no spending and cut spending!
unemployed2long/1208
unemployed2long/1208
Elite Poster

Job/hobbies : unemployed/living

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:21 am

mistermunster wrote:
kemcha wrote:Too True ... something is telling me that Repubs might block it, even if its paid for .... hope it's not true but they would come up with a new excuse.

They are playing the DEFICIT card NOW with everything. Even if it's PAID for, they will KEEP harping the DEFICIT. This is the DIRTY trick BS they do. They are NOT going to change. They are STILL harping about OUR children and grandchildren's future MANTRA. Yet the truth is THEY have SOLD out ALL children's FUTURE with their BS. One excuse, LEADS to another and ANOTHER and ANOTHER as the WHY they WILL DO NOTHING. The FACT is, they NEED to be REMOVED from their position of POWER as soon as possible for ANYTHING in this country to move forward. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Worse part is I am working on some young getthems. I want a family and I have a good job coming up but I am worried about my kids. Question Question Question

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:23 am

That's the whole problem. Republicans simply won't do the moral thing, the ethical thing. I think what we're going to see happen this year is that Americans are going to start to become too impatient and they are going to demand that Republicans do something about passing unemployment benefits and to start creating jobs. The protests in Egypt were about the same thing.

I'm just seeing that Congress needs to act sooner, rather than later because if this multiple state labor strike is any indication, we're in for extreme times and it's just going to take one person to light that fuse. Somebody is going to ignite that fire and you're going to see Americans nationwide protest against the Federal government. The American People expect results and they are tired of waiting years for results.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:43 am

Worse part is I am working on some young getthems. I want a family and I
have a good job coming up but I am worried about my kids. Question Question Question
I know how you feel. I have a kid that is in college on a full scholarship right now and I VERY much worry about what kind of future that she might have in this collapsing country of ours.
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter39 Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:02 am

There are lots of bills that will go way before this even gets a look at.This is still at the bottem of the list.And do we even have a shot to get this passed with only 65 sponcers?There has to be at least 75 republicans also to have a 50-50 shot.

trotter39
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:15 am

kemcha wrote:That's the whole problem. Republicans simply won't do the moral thing, the ethical thing. I think what we're going to see happen this year is that Americans are going to start to become too impatient and they are going to demand that Republicans do something about passing unemployment benefits and to start creating jobs. The protests in Egypt were about the same thing.

I'm just seeing that Congress needs to act sooner, rather than later because if this multiple state labor strike is any indication, we're in for extreme times and it's just going to take one person to light that fuse. Somebody is going to ignite that fire and you're going to see Americans nationwide protest against the Federal government. The American People expect results and they are tired of waiting years for results.

Republicans do the moral thing, the ethical thing? That's pretty tough getting some of the most hypocritical, bigoted, immoral group of warmongering let them eat cake bunch ever to DO the moral thing and ethical thing. I can ONLY judge them for what they HAVE done, What they have SAID, What they HAVEN'T done to and for the American people. Their stinking track record speaks for themselves.
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:43 am

kemcha wrote:I'm wondering, if they ever get this passed, what are they going to do 14 weeks from now ... the problem will still be here and 99ers will be clamoring for more assistance.

I think Congress really needs to pass a comprehensive unemployment package that will give the unemployed some support because I don't think that the jobs that we so desperately need are going to be created within the 14 weeks of unemployment that are trying to get passed.

I agree with you. Of course the jobs wouldn't be created in the next 14 weeks. We need an emergency jobs program that creates jobs NOW. Until then we need extension that stop, not in a number of weeks but when the "true" unemployment rate drops below, let's ay, 6.5%
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by X Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:06 am

I think it's sensible to revisit the euc/eb every "n" number of months, otherwise it starts looking like welfare.

Secondly there's no way in hell they would put in a perpetual and ongoing plan which keeps rolling down the track, especially with the current senator make-up of Brady Bunch gone wrong.

This 14 week plan won't just put a cork in the leaking dam. If it passes I think the timing is very good. I say this because 99ers have been pushed to the limit and the $$$ could kick start the morale and prevent ugly events yet to come.

See you in a bit.
X
X
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter39 Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:01 pm

Once the national rate drops below 8.5 for three or more months its all over for us.They are not going to give anymore extentions.This is called the stall tactic from washington.And the rate will fall quickly.So if this does not happen by april 1st,lee's bill will probably fail.

trotter39
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:27 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Worse part is I am working on some young getthems. I want a family and I have a good job coming up but I am worried about my kids. Question Question Question

affraid affraid affraid

J/K!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:11 pm

I don't think that's going to happen. The unemployment rate is about to increase. Borders Book Stores just announced that they are closing over 200 stores and that will dump thousands of new unemployed Americans onto unemployment lines. Not only that but economists are saying that the unemployment rate is going to increase in 2011.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:43 pm

kemcha wrote:I don't think that's going to happen. The unemployment rate is about to increase. Borders Book Stores just announced that they are closing over 200 stores and that will dump thousands of new unemployed Americans onto unemployment lines. Not only that but economists are saying that the unemployment rate is going to increase in 2011.
This can't be true!!! Per Obama the economy is improving and the employment rate is at 9%. Wait a minute..........am I being lied to? Is my government pulling the wool over my eyes?

Back to top Go down

Post by kalst13 Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:50 pm

I do think these companies should call the applicant and not the other way around.

If these companies have an interest in the person to call them.

Also, it is not right for temp agencies to have to call out to employers and beg for work for someone.

kalst13
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm not saying either way but I've been reading various articles about economists saying that the unemployment rate is going to remain where it is, maybe even go higher, because while the economy is growing, slowly, job creation is not moving anywhere.

Back to top Go down

Post by trotter39 Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 pm

If washington and obama need the unemployment rate to go down for his re-election then it will GO DOWN im sorry to say.Which means that we will be left in the COLD once again. THE END

trotter39
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:42 pm

We can't give up yet. Just sayin"
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:51 pm

The bill now has over 60 co-sponsors, there has been much more Media coverage the last several months ALL positive things.....

For the past year I have watched every little piece of new information, debated ad-infinititum....
with the doom and gloomers always giving reasons as to why this or that will or won't happen.

As far as I know there are NO washington insiders on this forum, however we are lucky enough to have some members who seem to have rather good access to some congress persons offices.

We have Barbara Lee leading the charge for us, looking at her record of taking un-popular causes, as well as just causes, I am CONFIDENT she will do all in her power to push things along.

If there is one drawback it is that our champion may be considered a little to outside the mainstream within Washington.....

That is why the addition of Co-sponsors would seem more important IMHO. in this case...

I am also quite sure MS. Lee is well aware of this as well and that is why the co-sponsors are in fact trickling in (as opposed to trickling down

Please BE PATIENT and I would like to thank all those with better access to information than myself for sharing it.
elvis44102
elvis44102
Elite Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:59 pm

kemcha wrote:I'm not saying either way but I've been reading various articles about economists saying that the unemployment rate is going to remain where it is, maybe even go higher, because while the economy is growing, slowly, job creation is not moving anywhere.
We've seen the official rate go down a lot for the past two months. It was not based on job creation but, on the number of "discouraged workers" increasing and not being counted in the rate anymore. That's why everyone is talking about the rate going down. We know things are not getting any better but, we also know that they are manipulating the rate to make it look like things are getting better. This is a big problem!
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:00 pm

elvis44102 wrote:The bill now has over 60 co-sponsors, there has been much more Media coverage the last several months ALL positive things.....

For the past year I have watched every little piece of new information, debated ad-infinititum....
with the doom and gloomers always giving reasons as to why this or that will or won't happen.

As far as I know there are NO washington insiders on this forum, however we are lucky enough to have some members who seem to have rather good access to some congress persons offices.

We have Barbara Lee leading the charge for us, looking at her record of taking un-popular causes, as well as just causes, I am CONFIDENT she will do all in her power to push things along.

If there is one drawback it is that our champion may be considered a little to outside the mainstream within Washington.....

That is why the addition of Co-sponsors would seem more important IMHO. in this case...

I am also quite sure MS. Lee is well aware of this as well and that is why the co-sponsors are in fact trickling in (as opposed to trickling down

Please BE PATIENT and I would like to thank all those with better access to information than myself for sharing it.
Legislation to assist 99ers goes to committee in House of Representatives   - Page 6 204917
Jen
Jen
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:04 pm

Jen wrote:
kemcha wrote:I'm not saying either way but I've been reading various articles about economists saying that the unemployment rate is going to remain where it is, maybe even go higher, because while the economy is growing, slowly, job creation is not moving anywhere.
We've seen the official rate go down a lot for the past two months. It was not based on job creation but, on the number of "discouraged workers" increasing and not being counted in the rate anymore. That's why everyone is talking about the rate going down. We know things are not getting any better but, we also know that they are manipulating the rate to make it look like things are getting better. This is a big problem!
I agree of course. I hope phillymg doesn't see this though. Very Happy
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:09 pm

Jen wrote:

Those who report the numbers can ALWAYS cook the books numbers for political gain. To hell the the TRUTH and FACTS, they CONTROL that. This is the problem, manipulating everything to LIE to the rest of us. Show me an honest politician and I'll deliver to you BIGFOOT in a cage. Razz Razz Razz
mistermunster
mistermunster
Valued Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Phillymg Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:27 pm

The Discouraged Workers actually exist. Just wait till they start flooding back into the job market.....

Obama's administration is not 'cooking the books' any more or less than every administration has done since they began keeping records in the 1940s.

Imo it's important not to get sidetracked into conspiracy theories when there are real actual problems to be addressed.

Phillymg
Super Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by kjps12 Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:29 pm

chat room is open we need a fukin plan
kjps12
kjps12
Premium Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrgolf Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:30 pm

Phillymg wrote:The Discouraged Workers actually exist. Just wait till they start flooding back into the job market.....

Obama's administration is not 'cooking the books' any more or less than every administration has done since they began keeping records in the 1940s.

Imo it's important not to get sidetracked into conspiracy theories when there are real actual problems to be addressed.
Glad to see you chimed in here Mark
mrgolf
mrgolf
Monster Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next